The Official Site of the Vancouver Canucks
Canucks Community

CDC Puck 2017/18

Also, shoutout to probably my most underrated prospect, Adin Hill. Called up by the coyotes again (emergency basis). But he is having himself a hell of a 2018; hasn’t lost a road game since December, and near 0.935 sav% in that stretch.

People in this league thought I lost the trade where I acquired him, including the other GM @D-Money. Putting up better numbers in the AHL than Demko at the same Draft +3 season. 

17 minutes ago, Art Vandelay said:

Also, shoutout to probably my most underrated prospect, Adin Hill. Called up by the coyotes again (emergency basis). But he is having himself a hell of a 2018; hasn’t lost a road game since December, and near 0.935 sav% in that stretch.

People in this league thought I lost the trade where I acquired him, including the other GM @D-Money. Putting up better numbers in the AHL than Demko at the same Draft +3 season. 

Hill is to a great goaltending prospect, no doubt.

But even if he continues to shine, at best you'll have the Coyotes' future starter... ...so you still lose. :P

5a7310e0ba734_CONTRACTSIGNING.jpg.c32831211bf9f3585b3338cd68731389.jpg

On behalf of GM @Captain Azzy, the Vegas Golden Knights are proud to announce the following signings:

Tanner Fritz - 2 years, $700k

Jim O'Brien - 2 years, $675k

As well as the following re-signings:

Lance Bouma - 2 years, $950k

Brock Nelson - 3 years, $3m

Thomas Hickey - 5 years, $3m

Jack Glover - 2 years, $700k

Ryan Sproul - 2 years, $750k 

5a7310e0ba734_CONTRACTSIGNING.jpg.c32831211bf9f3585b3338cd68731389.jpg

On behalf of GMs @Nail and @Blue Jay 22, the New York Islanders are proud to sign the following players:

Brendan Lemieux - 3 years, $900k

Scott Laughton - 2 years, $1.5m

Oliver Bjorkstrand - 3 years, $3m

Klas Dahlbeck - 2 years, $800k

Ivan Provorov - 3 years, $5m

Laurent Dauphin - 3 years, $700k

Nic Aube-Kubel - 3 years, $700k

Ryan MacInnis - 3 years, $650k

Francis Perron - 3 years, $650k

Roland McKeown - 3 years, $950k

Brandon Halverson - 3 years, $650k

On ‎3‎/‎7‎/‎2018 at 11:19 AM, Art Vandelay said:

Pretty sure D-Mo knew how good Hill was.  He was Giddy like a school girl when he picked him up in the draft.  He loves his top G prospects even more than Old News & projected Hill as a future starter by memory?

D-Mo also is as aggressive as they come going after playoff assets.  It was probably one of, what SV calls, one of those mutually beneficial deals???

On ‎3‎/‎7‎/‎2018 at 11:39 AM, D-Money said:

Hill is to a great goaltending prospect, no doubt.

But even if he continues to shine, at best you'll have the Coyotes' future starter... ...so you still lose. :P

The Coyotes, not a great endorsement, skated circles around the Nucks the other night. Lots of team speed and skill.  With more to come. And more to come again after the draft? 

Maybe the GM does what Benning appears to have managed?  Learn from his 1st & 2knd year mistakes?

In any case, 2 years from now I would not be surprised at all to see Zona (sorry, not you Jazzy ) passing some aging teams in the West. Well, not surprised much?

2 minutes ago, Canuck Surfer said:

Pretty sure D-Mo knew how good Hill was.  He was Giddy like a school girl when he picked him up in the draft.  He loves his top G prospects even more than Old News & projected Hill as a future starter by memory?

D-Mo also is as aggressive as they come going after playoff assets.  It was probably one of, what SV calls, one of those mutually beneficial deals???

It was Hill & a pick for Matthias Janmark - he of the waiver ineligible playoff player sort. So yeah, is working out fine for both sides so far.

3 minutes ago, Canuck Surfer said:

Maybe the GM does what Benning appears to have managed?  Learn from his 1st & 2knd year mistakes?

In any case, 2 years from now I would not be surprised at all to see Zona (sorry, not you Jazzy ) passing some aging teams in the West. Well, not surprised much?

If Strome figures it out, and OEL re-signs, then I could see them doing alright. But they just keep misfiring over and over...

4 minutes ago, D-Money said:

If Strome figures it out, and OEL re-signs, then I could see them doing alright. But they just keep misfiring over and over...

Yeah, there is that possibility!  :P

I personally imagine Strome will work out for them like Virtanen now appears he will for us.  Did not turn out BPA, but will become a serviceable player. Speed is an issue. But they can find 3rd line minutes for him, PP time to use his puck skills. And they are taking their time developing him. He has plenty of puck skills. Could also be a very good power winger if he does not develop the speed to play C. 

I also think their coach took some time to figure it out. He was saying a lot of the right things. But just now appears to have started to establish a system. They have numerous 1A defensive prospects + stud Chychrun already there.  Maybe need a big winger, which they may have in Crouse or Strome? And a true 1C from the draft? They have oodles of speed and skill on the wing in Keller, Domi & Perlini. Hill pending in goal. And yeah, OEL re-signing would solve lots.  But he sounds like he likes it there...  Bottom line is they have this year and next in the lottery, some of those D starting to arrive & they will do damage?     Just my opinion, although its not a next week thing...

3 minutes ago, Canuck Surfer said:

I personally imagine Strome will work out for them like Virtanen now appears he will for us.  Did not turn out BPA, but will become a serviceable player. Speed is an issue. But they can find 3rd line minutes for him, PP time to use his puck skills. And they are taking their time developing him. He has plenty of puck skills. Could also be a very good power winger if he does not develop the speed to play C. 

I also think their coach took some time to figure it out. He was saying a lot of the right things. But just now appears to have started to establish a system. They have numerous 1A defensive prospects + stud Chychrun already there.  Maybe need a big winger, which they may have in Crouse or Strome? And a true 1C from the draft? They have oodles of speed and skill on the wing in Keller, Domi & Perlini. Hill pending in goal. And yeah, OEL re-signing would solve lots.  But he sounds like he likes it there...  Bottom line is they have this year and next in the lottery, some of those D starting to arrive & they will do damage?     Just my opinion, although its not a next week thing...

I'm just going to hope he joins a playoff team next season.... ;)

54 minutes ago, Canuck Surfer said:

Sounds like you really thought this through...

...then again...

On ‎2017‎-‎11‎-‎21 at 3:20 PM, Canuck Surfer said:

Wednesday we project 10 healthy D men in NHL line ups?  Several wi upside?  Will trade 4 depth D + Erik Johnson for ONE extremely good playoff D!

Troy Stecher, Ben Harpur, Rob O'Gara, Matt Grzylcyk

We're in a dealing mood! :frantic: 5 for 1 folks, get em while their hot!...

:bigblush:

22 minutes ago, D-Money said:

...then again...

On ‎11‎/‎22‎/‎2017 at 9:20 AM, Canuck Surfer said:

Wednesday we project 10 healthy D men in NHL line ups?  Several wi upside?  Will trade 4 depth D + Erik Johnson for ONE extremely good playoff D!

Good at projections, ain't I!  :gocan:

Archived