The Official Site of the Vancouver Canucks
Canucks Community

CDC Puck 2017/18

11 minutes ago, Art Vandelay said:

I really hope this stint Pionk is having with the Rangers isn’t just a fluke. Playing like a top pairing guy points wise. I still haven’t seen him play yet... Anyone seen a lot of him at the nhl level?

Haven't seen him play but it's quite a small sample size and it's not like he was lighting up the AHL before this.

5 hours ago, Art Vandelay said:

I really hope this stint Pionk is having with the Rangers isn’t just a fluke. Playing like a top pairing guy points wise. I still haven’t seen him play yet... Anyone seen a lot of him at the nhl level?

He moved the puck up ice nicely on Zibs goal tonight. And quite a few other times. 

10 hours ago, Art Vandelay said:

Well, he's 22, so it's not like he's a raw rookie fresh out of the draft. I guess that's part of the hope with the NCAA free agents. Not only are they essentially free, but they are further along in development. So hopefully, they will be close to hitting the ground running.

I wouldn't expect Pionk to continue producing at this rate. But he's definitely a promising prospect. We're hoping for similar (dare we say...better?) with Daniel Brickley, who we signed last season.

Interesting article on Brickley with highlights here: NCAA free agent target: Daniel Brickley ...That said, I sure hope he doesn't go to the Habs!

50 minutes ago, canucklax said:

I thought we couldn't sign UFA euro's until July 1

Praplan is no longer a Euro UFA after signing with San Jose.

Unless I’m mistaken, this differs from NCAA players, who can only sign in the specific window (starting Jul 1) if they play in the NCAA for the season.

16 minutes ago, Master Mind said:

Malkin now the #1 player in Puck, even surpassing all the goalies.

He's gone full beast mode. I hope he carries that into the playoffs!

Bet you’re glad now we never did a Malkin/Marchand swap ;) 

edit: nice for @D-Money and @Monty, Marchand’s fpts/game are back above 7!

For you eager beavers looking to start trade talks early early... Well we got some guys we want to explore dealing this off season. Bigger names so not necessarily going to deal but:

Braeden Holtby: One if the top goalies in the league. Has had a bit of a stumble this season's numbers wise (GAA, Save %), but still non the less one of the top goalie. 

(Price): Won't be cheap! Ideally looking for an up and coming goalie. Holtby is only 28, but we want to try and build our goaltending for the future. Either an A prospect or a goalie who has shown signs of brilliance.

David Perron: David is more a guy we acquired for the playoff run. He has had an amusing year and likley will end up in Vegas next season as well. Contract goes back up to 4.7M next year. Still a steal at his production rate. 

(Price): Picks (1st as a starter), Prospects, possibly a roster player depending on who. Not all just starting points

Jake Gardiner/Ryan McDonagh: Will only move one. Both will be UFA after next season. Can only afford to re sign 1. That does not mean I will sell at a discounted price. If I was to deal to day McD will cost most then Gardiner. You've been warned lol. 

(Price): 1st, Prospect, other stuff. 1st will be starting point for both. After that it will differ

Pat Maroon (Rights): Its not that I can't afford him as I sit at 73.75M commited to my team next season, so still a bit tight, but I have the room. So still a chance I send an offer to him. But if a team wants to snag him. 2nd will get it done asap. Otherwise I ask a 3rd, but there was interest over the season so I feel he will be a hot commodity. Get him while he isn't available to the highest bidder via FA. Will consider a prospect as well.

Bored... So open to talks. If nothing comes of this that's cool too. 

Also a shout out to Boston prospects Jakub Galvas, Oliver Kylington, Lucas Carlsson!

A good season for Jakub; who played in the WJC's & had 13 points in 42 Czech pro league games with HC Olomouc. More notable, 5 points in 6 playoff games?

Oliver at 20 years old, passed 200 pro league games between the AHL & SHL already. Plus has 30 AHL points this year > an absolutely solid pro career start! 

Lucas, like Jakub, a real life Chi prospect with 17 SHL points is competing with Rasmus Dahlin for top SHL U20 productivity by a D man!

Archived