The Official Site of the Vancouver Canucks
Canucks Community

CDC Puck 2017/18

37 minutes ago, Master Mind said:

Any other votes for GM of the Year? We only have 3 so far. What happened to all the activity that Puck is known for?

Don't make me hunt you all down individually... or it becomes a vote for me  :ph34r:

I'm ok with my vote going to you anyways lol so saving me a step :P

You deserve it anyways for being the GM that had the Sedins retire on his roster. 

I've been less active and focusing much less on hockey recently... that Sedin retirement took a lot out of me. Two icons... Two legends... two role models just calling it a career without having "officially" got awarded the cup. The end of this season was absolutely horrific and the worst ending I've seen since I started follow the team.

I'll be %100 back on the hype train once we draft and add some new free agents... hope we get Tavares. 

9 hours ago, Master Mind said:

Any other votes for GM of the Year? We only have 3 so far. What happened to all the activity that Puck is known for?

Don't make me hunt you all down individually... or it becomes a vote for me  :ph34r:

In a public display of affection > I vote for Miyagi!  

Put himself out there more than anyone with his moves?

3 minutes ago, Sestito'sHandMadeVodka said:

Hey mod team superfriends! I know RFAs are auto-qualified in this league...what about RFA's we don't want to qualify?

In other news, Greg Chase is on the trading block (for the impatient among you).

Are you sure about that? Dude was a PPG player on...

...the Wichita Thunder? Is that a thing? :unsure:

4 hours ago, Sestito'sHandMadeVodka said:

Hey mod team superfriends! I know RFAs are auto-qualified in this league...what about RFA's we don't want to qualify?

In other news, Greg Chase is on the trading block (for the impatient among you).

I believe they’re qualified in the sense, you get to keep them, but not in the sense you sign them.

For example, I have Linus Arnesson (I don’t want), and his contract ended last year, but is still an RFA and on my team but doesn’t take up a contract spot. Only thing I don’t know: when does he become a UFA?

8 hours ago, Sygvard said:

Vote submitted! That was genuinely extremely difficult. There are a ton of brilliant traders and canny managers in the league. So for us it came down to someone who contributes the flavour and fun. 

thanks for your vote

6 hours ago, Art Vandelay said:

I believe they’re qualified in the sense, you get to keep them, but not in the sense you sign them.

For example, I have Linus Arnesson (I don’t want), and his contract ended last year, but is still an RFA and on my team but doesn’t take up a contract spot. Only thing I don’t know: when does he become a UFA?

I presume we can post & they will get returned to unrestricted?  

Michael Brodzinski from our team is thehefore available for a 6th round pick anyone?  Same for Patrick Sieloff who did have an NHL goal this year...

7 hours ago, Sygvard said:

It was me ruling out the "brilliant and canny" that tipped you off wasn't it. :P

Indeed but i think the “fun” part was the bigger indicator. Btw you missed out “good looking”. I think we should disclose the full information for completeness to all GMs to avoid miscommunication ;) 

17 hours ago, Sygvard said:

So for us it came down to someone who contributes the flavour and fun. 

I was planning to vote for @apollo too...................................................................until he threw his team under the bus on the eve of the playoffs.

Then I was all but forced to vote for the sweet talker.  

I hate having to pump the tires of rivals, but it looks thus far like I was wrong - and then right - about apollo.  Or right, and then wrong?

12 hours ago, Art Vandelay said:

1 December of the following season. So you essentially get 6 months to sign your RFAs before they get released.

Any unwanted RFAs can be removed from your rosters - just PM any of the Commish team.

7 hours ago, oldnews said:

Then I was all but forced to vote for the sweet talker.  

The Buffaslug hivemind appreciates your support.

6 hours ago, Captain Azzy said:

1 December of the following season. So you essentially get 6 months to sign your RFAs before they get released.

Any unwanted RFAs can be removed from your rosters - just PM any of the Commish team.

Cool, we have one or two more offers to tender and some people to release. We'll include one last offer message finishing up everything, though there is no rush and It'll probably wait until after exams.

Thanks!

We're going to take a positive from todays play;

Travis Sanheim playing a regular shift, some first & 2knd unit PP time totalling 2:21, 4 shots, a hit, 2 blocks, a goal, 16 minutes and an even rating in a game Philly lost comfortably. Very happy with that for a rookie D!

If anyone is looking to talks trades hit me up. Any player on an expiring contract is available. Gunna start talks with a couple but if you want to sway me to deal them then let's see what is out there.

Ovechkin and Rinne are 2 players I am going to look at what I can get for them. I am a team in a bit of a rut. Had a chance to compete but dropped off. I think my goal this offseason will be to retool but stay competitive. But in hindsight I will look at getting much younger. Parise who is showing he has lots of life and producing very well fantasy wise can also be made available. No one (Except Tavares) is really untouchable. So if anyone sticks out, let's chat.

Have taken a much needed break from here. So it's nice to be back and see what I can get my hands in to. Looks like 1st round isn't going to go well. Haha 

Archived