The Official Site of the Vancouver Canucks
Canucks Community

CDC Puck 2017/18

Was doing some team comparing from when I first started last year to this year and had a bit of a laugh when I realized there are only 7 players remaining from the initial 50 I inherited. For better or worse 83% of the previous roster is gone and to top it all off, none of the players that remain are roster players. 

Congratulations to Stephen Gionta, Danny O’Regan, Dylan Sadowy, Nick Paul, Nathan Bastian, J.C. Beaudin, and Mackenzie Blackwood on making it this far. I’m sure some of you will have a chance to visit some different parts of North America before the season’s end! 

Well with VGK advancing... The only schenario I see @somethingvery not winning the cup is if both of these happen:

- WSH wins their series with barely any TB players scoring (so he still advances)

- Vegas swept in the finals (Fleury probably will our score Dmoney’s 2 defensemen)

I’ll put a draft pick on the results if people want to have some fun ;) 

1 hour ago, Art Vandelay said:

Well with VGK advancing... The only schenario I see @somethingvery not winning the cup is if both of these happen:

- WSH wins their series with barely any TB players scoring (so he still advances)

- Vegas swept in the finals (Fleury probably will our score Dmoney’s 2 defensemen)

I'll bet you your 1st that you're right. ;) 

2 hours ago, Art Vandelay said:

Don't ever want to count chickens before they hatch, Edmonton still has two games and several scenarios where their players come up with the handful of points needed to squeak it out. 

2 hours ago, Master Mind said:

cut.jpg

The nominees for GM of the Year are:

@JE14

@Master Mind

@SidneyRaymond

@somethingvery

@Tylez

(There was a 4-way tie for 2nd)

9 other GMs received votes. We know we have a good group when half the league is nominated!

Some glaring omissions in the top 2 group (including @D-Money and @oldnews), but indeed interesting that so many GM's got nominated.

Congratulations on this top 5 and the ultimate 1st place winner! 

This year in Chicago (different from our first two years where we attained and kept desirable high-profile players) after a poor 2017 playoff performance, we decided to plug our nose and trade for some less-than-sexy players who score well in our league's format and belong to consensus cup contending teams. 

This will have hurt the Blackhawks' chance for the Puck GMOTY but hopefully will allow our team a chance to achieve our goal of winning the Puck Cup! 

10 minutes ago, somethingvery said:

This will have hurt the Blackhawks' chance for the Puck GMOTY but hopefully will allow our team a chance to achieve our goal of winning the Puck Cup! 

What! don't be ridiculous. It's a well known fact that GMOTY is the REAL championship.

Edit: And the buffalo buffaslugs are tanking in both 

15 minutes ago, D-Money said:

...Did Carolina make any moves this year?

July 2017, Carolina gives up Artur Kayumov to ARZ in return for Antti Niemi. 

Edit: FWIW, I don't think this being JE14's only move precludes him from being GMOTY. In this league, Good contract signing, drafting, and *especially* good FA signing are all huge. I was just curious about the question, so I looked it up.

Sigh. Thanks for choosing the year I choose to abandon all your players Washington to realize your potential. 

@SidneyRaymond, this was a very tough, tight series - had me sweating it out every game.

Nice run @inane, making the conference finals following your Puck Cup win last year is no small feat!

@D-Moneyand @Monty, your excellence in developing your team from where you inhereted it has come to fruition, its going to be a tough finals with my one goaltender against your 3 skaters! 

On 2018-05-20 at 4:12 PM, Art Vandelay said:

- WSH wins their series with barely any TB players scoring (0 goals)

- Vegas swept in the finals

Condition 1 of 2 confirmed.

I sincerely apologize to @somethingvery for testing the hockey gods. 

Archived