The Official Site of the Vancouver Canucks
Canucks Community

[Proposal] Tanev to Carolina [proposal]

Bored so I figured I'd take a whak at the ol horse!

To Carolina: Tanev, Bae, 2nd

To Van: Skinner, Fleury, Saarela,  

Fleury has had a few bumps in his development but still projects as a solid mid pairing D. While Saarela excites me with his offence he is in the back seat to Roy and with Necas chomping his heels I could see Carolina dealing him for the right price. I think Carolina would be very interested in Tanev as they have Hanifin and Bean to learn the ropes beside him. Bae can pull into a top 6 role for them and help ease some of the temporary loss of scoring up front with Skinner's departure though once Roy and Gauthier arrive for them they will be doing well in that regard.

10 hours ago, Kaner said:

Carolina is the last team that needs more quality defenders. 

Faulk, Pesce, Slaavin, Hanifin, TVR and Fleury is very good. No need for Tanev.

Adding Tanev would only help their D... look at the preds. It's never bad to have too many good d-man. 

Fleury would be coming here and TVR is at best a bottom pairing guy. Slaavin and pesce both just got huge contracts and could see their play drop. 

I don't necessarily like the trade offer but I don't think Tanev to Carolina would be a bad fit.

3 hours ago, apollo said:

Adding Tanev would only help their D... look at the preds. It's never bad to have too many good d-man. 

Fleury would be coming here and TVR is at best a bottom pairing guy. Slaavin and pesce both just got huge contracts and could see their play drop. 

I don't necessarily like the trade offer but I don't think Tanev to Carolina would be a bad fit.

Except Nashville's defense are mostly developed from within. The main exception to this obviously is Subban, but their captain defender, Weber, went the other way in pretty much a 1 for 1 deal.

This proposal is different in that it's pretty much expecting Carolina to want to deal away future to get better at arguably what they're strongest at: their defense. I think, if anything, Carolina will want more offense and, if Darling for whatever reason proves to not be as expected, another goalie.

45 minutes ago, BowtieCanuck said:

Yeah......I can't see CAR giving up Skinner alone for that.

Especially when Skinner is there highest point producer and Baertschi would be the step down at this point.

You do have a good point there. lol This would be anti-helpful to Carolina in the end.

I think the value is there but the fit isn't good for Carolina. They need the offense Skinner brings and they are further along rebuilding than we are. They have less pressing need for draft picks than us. Also they already have one of the best d corps in the league.

Miles better than my Tanev proposal though!

Archived