The Official Site of the Vancouver Canucks
Canucks Community

[Proposal] Carolina-Vancouver

I wouldn't mind Fleury but there's No way I trade Virtanen at this point, we need this kids physical abilitys in our line up for the future, we don't have many power forward type players in the system.

It is intresting when you compare the two, Fleury has been developing slower just like Virtanen and they are drafted in the same year one after the other but who will turn out better in their respected positions and rolls??? My money is on Jake ! 

18 minutes ago, canuckmen84 said:

I wouldn't mind Fleury but there's No way I trade Virtanen at this point, we need this kids physical abilitys in our line up for the future, we don't have many power forward type players in the system.

It is intresting when you compare the two, Fleury has been developing slower just like Virtanen and they are drafted in the same year one after the other but who will turn out better in their respected positions and rolls??? My money is on Jake ! 

Fair enough. 

I love Fleury's game and I think Virtanen is flirting awfully close to being a bust. Who knows, maybe next season he knocks it out of the park. At least that's what I'm hoping for. 

23 hours ago, morrissex95 said:

Fair enough. 

I love Fleury's game and I think Virtanen is flirting awfully close to being a bust. Who knows, maybe next season he knocks it out of the park. At least that's what I'm hoping for. 

A change of scenery could potentially be good for both players. Decent proposal

I don't think that Carolina would be interested in moving Fluery.  The only reason he played in the AHL last year was lack of roster space, and the Hurricanes were extremely happy with his progress.  He finished the last 31 games with 16 points and a +16, and became one of the Checkers top defenseman. 

6'3 221lbs, and only turned 21 last month.  I just can't see Carolina moving him unless it was too good of an offer to pass up....and Virtanen has way more value to the Canucks than he does to the Hurricanes.

10 hours ago, skolozsy2 said:

I don't think that Carolina would be interested in moving Fluery.  The only reason he played in the AHL last year was lack of roster space, and the Hurricanes were extremely happy with his progress.  He finished the last 31 games with 16 points and a +16, and became one of the Checkers top defenseman. 

6'3 221lbs, and only turned 21 last month.  I just can't see Carolina moving him unless it was too good of an offer to pass up....and Virtanen has way more value to the Canucks than he does to the Hurricanes.

I think the Hurricanes could use some help up front but with the way Fleury finished the year, you are right. No way they entertain this

Wow. A proposal from @morrissex95 that is actually good.

If (and this is a big "if") Carolina is up for this trade, then I don't see why not. Virtanen hasn't been great, but CAR already has a nice D core. They could use a player of Virtanen's style. He is a huge risk though. It could work out well for both teams. 

I'd prefer to stay the course with Virtanen. Maybe that is because I am more familiar with him and I think he has a lot more to give than he has shown. Though I'm sure many would say the same of Fleury. I would say our need for a speedy middle 6 pf who hits and either scores or defends well out weighs our need for an all round 4/6D so I stick with Biff Tannen. FWIW.

Archived