The Official Site of the Vancouver Canucks
Canucks Community

Jokes everyone says and they are not funny ever

TimberWolf

Ever had to grab a crappy meal in the morning because you were running late and the gas station had no selection? You show up to where you are going with a coke and a bad of chips and it's guaranteed someone will say 

"Ooh, breakfast of champions"

Clever

Or if you buy a pizza and live in an apartment, if someone else you never even met is on the elevator with you...

"Hey, were's mine?"

Painting a wall or washing your car? Some zany random may wander by and inevitably spews:

"Missed a spot!"

Ever been in line at a store and someone's bill comes up to something like $19.97

"Hey, good year!" (I wonder how many times a day someone at a till hears that nugget)

Any others?

& yet I somewhat applaud the vain attempt. Let's be honest, pure originality producing brilliant humour is rather rare(yet likely at least half the population aspire to do so).

Looking at people like Bill Hicks & Carlin essentially reveals that whatever's funny likely offends a significant number of people, as well.

21 minutes ago, TimberWolf said:

Ever had to grab a crappy meal in the morning because you were running late and the gas station had no selection? You show up to where you are going with a coke and a bad of chips and it's guaranteed someone will say 

"Ooh, breakfast of champions"

Clever

Or if you buy a pizza and live in an apartment, if someone else you never even met is on the elevator with you...

"Hey, were's mine?"

Painting a wall or washing your car? Some zany random may wander by and inevitably spews:

"Missed a spot!"

Ever been in line at a store and someone's bill comes up to something like $19.97

"Hey, good year!" (I wonder how many times a day someone at a till hears that nugget)

Any others?

So what you're saying is that Vancouver is chock full of unoriginal geeks and nerds (and TV actors)? :P

When my boyfriend used to work at a cheap motel and would let guests know that they couldn't bring pets ("No animals allowed") as they were checking in whenever he was checking in a couple the husband would always say to the wife (or vice versa) "Sorry honey, guess you'll have to sleep in the car tonight!" <_<

Archived