The Official Site of the Vancouver Canucks
Canucks Community

Man drives car through counter-protesters at white supremacist rally in Charlottesville

Toews

Car plows through counter-protesters at white supremacist rally in Charlottesville

Multiple people were reported injured after a vehicle drove through a crowd of counter-protesters Saturday after police put a stop to a white supremacist rally in Charlottesville, Va.

According to reports from the scene, counter-protesters were celebrating driving the white supremacists from Emancipation Park, which was supposed to be the site of the main rally. A silver vehicle drove through a crowd, and multiple people were severely injured.

Video shows counter-protesters walking down a crowded street around some cars that are attempting to drive through but are stopped by the crowd. A silver vehicle comes up at a much higher rate of speed and plows into the back of a vehicle, shoving it and another vehicle forward into the crowd.

The driver then backs his car up at a high rate of speed and flees the area.

Video from the scene showed blood on the hood and windshield of a vehicle, and people screaming from their injuries. Reports indicated at least four people were injured in the incident.

Virginia State Police spokeswoman Corinne Geller said the severity of injuries ranged from minor to life-threatening. The silver vehicle that rammed into crowd has been located, Geller said.

Reports from Charlottesville indicated the driver has been arrested.

Police are not, at this point, characterizing the crash as intentional, Geller said.

More information wasn't known about the incident immediately Saturday afternoon.

Local and state emergencies had been called by authorities to help police in the area deal with the influx of protesters on both sides. Clashes began early Saturday morning before the official rally was to begin.

(Warning, the following videos show the crash and ensuing scene, involving blood and injured people.)

The car plows into anti alt right activists in #charlottesville. Someone posted the video: pic.twitter.com/eQgO2oQOld— Ragp Soylu (@ragipsoylu) August 12, 2017

Video of car hitting anti-racist protestors. Let there be no confusion: this was deliberate terrorism. My prayers with victims. Stay home. pic.twitter.com/MUOZs71Pf4— Brennan Gilmore (@brennanmgilmore) August 12, 2017

#BREAKING: I just watched a car plow through dozens of protesters. Extremely heavy injuries #Charlottesville pic.twitter.com/rE8DWUmrfD— Alex Rubinstein (@RealAlexRubi) August 12, 2017

http://www.washingtonexaminer.com/car-plows-through-counter-protesters-at-white-supremacist-rally-in-charlottesville/article/2631361

I think this deserves its own thread. I wonder if the media will call it what it is, terrorism. Seems doubtful I think this will one chalked up as mentally disturbed.

So there's a crowd of about 200 people, protesting towards some UnGodly, globalist initiative.

Each one of these people, represent one of the planet's nations.

Suddenly a speeding car(with 2 in the front) plow into the mass, causing fear, panic & death. Which nations do these two represent?

Someone is claiming it is an ANTIFA protestor named Joel VanGheluwe

And that the crowd was the alt right....

Because you know, facts never mattered as long as you can create your own fantasy world.

Let it never be said that some media outlets  would take a moment in solidarity.  But instead pounce upon this as a great way to further the divide

7 hours ago, Toews said:

During the middle of a Rebel media live stream on the "intolerant left"...

Just checked their site...people are actually cheering and applauding it.

Disgusting.

This is what the last decade did.  Closet racists hating Obama are out in force, Harpers them vs us mentality sowing the fuel for that to spread here in canada.

Ya, things in the west are going to fall apart and fall apart hard soon.  Nobody trusts anyone anymore

In a gong show of an event like this rally I would've been surprised if no backlash came about from some member of a minority group with aggressive views.

Hope everyone affected is okay.  The resentment from this could really trigger future events and escalation though.

2 minutes ago, CBH1926 said:

Aggressive and lower IQ crowd is being whipped into frenzy by the media, politicians and social networks.

These are the results.

An ignorant upbringing, years of racist extremism, and alchohol likely fuelled this murderer's rage.  I sure hope the police catch the killer.

Archived