The Official Site of the Vancouver Canucks
Canucks Community

Man drives car through counter-protesters at white supremacist rally in Charlottesville

Toews

Just now, Warhippy said:

No...no that's not happening at all and you need to give your head a shake if you think so

Your next statement will be "they're trying to erase white history" by removing statues I think yes?

Holocaust survivors and men and women who fought against the Nazis in the 40's are sounding off about how dangerous this is, about the similarities about the division and issues surrounding it.  You might need to stop drinking the kool aid and pretending it's you vs them, left vs white.

There might be no middle ground anymore in the west, but it doesn't mean people with heart and intelligence cannot stand in the center

Just show me how White folks are being put first and I will admit that I'm wrong.

Liberty and equality, that's all I want for us all. 

1 minute ago, 189lb enforcers? said:

Affirmative Action.

Your turn. 

Name one. 

Affirmative action is legislation meant to ensure people of every race colour religion and creed are employed in the same way to ensure that at no point in time can employers discriminate based on those self same criteria

If you think affirmative action is oppression you're an idiot.

Just now, 189lb enforcers? said:

Just show me how White folks are being put first and I will admit that I'm wrong.

Liberty and equality, that's all I want for us all. 

As a first nations member who has fought racism on both sides of the fence based on my mixed lineage

Image result for are you stupid gif

Just admit that, even with google, you can't hold up your end of the argument. 

Ok, I'll help. Cause of systematic, institutional racism. Now it's 'white's are being oppressed' cause we've decided as a society that everyone should be equal. 

That's your problem it seems. White people's overwhelming position of privilege and power is being threatened even a little, and you freak out screaming oppression. Of course white people still overwhelmingly run government, business and just about every other facet of society, but still, they are being oppressed because......

1 minute ago, Warhippy said:

Affirmative action is legislation meant to ensure people of every race colour religion and creed are employed in the same way to ensure that at no point in time can employers discriminate based on those self same criteria

If you think affirmative action is oppression you're an idiot.

Why not just skip the idiot label and get right to racist?

Equality of outcome, not opportunity.

Yes, I'm aware of holding down one to raise another.

I'm just looking for proof that White people aren't oppressed here and now. Should be easy, with the level of conviction and prevalence it's denounced with. 

3 minutes ago, Warhippy said:

As a first nations member who has fought racism on both sides of the fence based on my mixed lineage

Image result for are you stupid gif

I asked you in another thread if you were aboriginal and you said no.

Interesting. 

I'm dumb, but you can help me get there. Please show me how Whites are not currently being oppressed here so I can get smrt like you. 

The last job application I had to fill out asked me if I was white or a visible minority. 

Anyone care to learn me on why the employer wanted this info, as it related to Whites not being oppressed? 

None of this truely matters to me because I am only posting this to raise awareness here that not all sides of our stories are equally represented in the media by the consumers and it shows. I think it's a real problem. 

10 minutes ago, 189lb enforcers? said:

Why not just skip the idiot label and get right to racist?

Equality of outcome, not opportunity.

Yes, I'm aware of holding down one to raise another.

I'm just looking for proof that White people aren't oppressed here and now. Should be easy, with the level of conviction and prevalence it's denounced with. 

The fact you have to look for proof of oppression at all says there is none.

8 minutes ago, 189lb enforcers? said:

I asked you in another thread if you were aboriginal and you said no.

Interesting. 

I'm dumb, but you can help me get there. Please show me how Whites are not currently being oppressed here so I can get smrt like you. 

I've never hidden my ancestry so good show bud.

How about you tell us how they are being oppressed.  No no seriously make a list.  We're all ears

Jap an

truely hateful 

smile away bud, when you're done, show me the proof that whites, omg did he just say white?! Aren't oppressed here. 

sorry bud, you made the claim that white's are oppressed, you hold the burden of proof.

As mentioned, white people dominate every facet of society from government, to business, to basically everything. But you feel oppressed. Ok.

Could care less, I recall it and now I have you pegged. That's enough for me.

lol. I remember you said black people are wonderful and you love them and wish they had more power. I recall it and now I have you pegged. That's enough for me.

Just now, inane said:

sorry bud, you made the claim that white's are oppressed, you hold the burden of proof.

As mentioned, white people dominate every facet of society from government, to business, to basically everything. But you feel oppressed. Ok.

Sorry bud, but that was not the question I asked. You replied, not the other way around. You did however make your claims that should be backed in your replies. If you choose not to, fine, but maybe you come away with a bit less ability and ease to make them with. Either or, I'm good with it. 

Maybe you'll even notice it in the media, hence my having wasted time doing this might have been worthwhile. 

Archived