The Official Site of the Vancouver Canucks
Canucks Community

Man drives car through counter-protesters at white supremacist rally in Charlottesville

Toews

1 hour ago, JoeyJoeJoeJr. Shabadoo said:

Really? I just finished reading the last few pages and some of it looks like it was cut out of the stormfront mission statement, what the hell did I miss? 

Oh and 189, everybody knows Hippy is aboriginal. He has never hidden that fact. You must be mistaken, about a great many things. 

First nations but looking apparently white, or jewish or italian depending on who you ask.

Growing up being ripped on by the band and then ripped on by the townies was always amusing lol

The best part is when people actually meet me in real life and find out I'm not kidding :lol:

2 hours ago, Warhippy said:

First nations but looking apparently white, or jewish or italian depending on who you ask.

Growing up being ripped on by the band and then ripped on by the townies was always amusing lol

The best part is when people actually meet me in real life and find out I'm not kidding :lol:

Prolly snagged well at all the pow wows. Light skins get all the girls.

1 hour ago, Warhippy said:

Unless we walk in someone else's shoes it's very difficult to truly understand their circumstance, but hopefully in time these ethnic backgrounds won't lead to discrimination.  When I read your comment Cher's song comes to mind.  

43 minutes ago, Alflives said:

Unless we walk in someone else's shoes it's very difficult to truly understand their circumstance, but hopefully in time these ethnic backgrounds won't lead to discrimination.  When I read your comment Cher's song comes to mind.  

A course in Anthropology and Human Origins would be extremely useful to be mandatorily taught in school.

25 minutes ago, DarthMelvin said:

Invites????  Haha Dang, you must be really light.

I kid you not.  I was to white to play with the blooded kids and I was to red to play with the townies.  It was fun growing up like that.  Gives one a unique perspective being in the literal middle on how extremes work on both sides of the coin.

It also made me stand back and pay extra close attention when one side group or person always swore they had the moral high ground.  Usually those that are the most sure of themselves are the ones that are the most wrong

8 hours ago, 189lb enforcers? said:

Where is the BLM violence thread where you say the same with as much vigour?

Not just you, but all of you.

And I use that ONE violent movement against white men aka "racist neo nazi redneck etc etc" because it's easy to pick on.

Time to level the playing field in this forum on atrocities. Having a field day with this one, alone, is telling. 

"He will not divide us."

Puppets, start finding out who "he" really is and it won't happen. 

Good question. Go ahead and start one, if you feel so strongly about it?

Then you and your fellow Trumpists can have your own little racist circle jerk.

7 hours ago, Heretic said:

Yes, the death and the violent act is on the man in the Challenger - I AGEE!  

But he did NOT plan that (at least I don't think he did), but the counter protesters are to blame for instigating it - they did not have "permission" to be there.

So we agree on the first sentence, but disagree on the second. They don't need "permission" to be there (it's still a somewhat free country AFAIK) and I don't believe the woman who died did anything that instigated a murderous reaction.

8 hours ago, 189lb enforcers? said:

Perfect. 

If anyone in this forum can prove that white guys are not being systematically oppressed here, as opposed to the reciprocal/every other demographic out there, please provide it. 

Show me any kind of the white privilege myth that promotes white men and I will stand corrected. Take your time. 

Pretty difficult to prove a negative.

The burden of proof generally lies with the one making the outlandish claim. How about you provide proof of this "systematic oppression" that you are so convinced is going on...

12 hours ago, HerrDrFunk said:

@189lb enforcers? Nice of you to throw out a racial slur a few times. Pretty much tells me all I need to know about you.

But please, tell me more about how oppressed you are because a job application asked for your ethnicity. 

Who new that McDonalds even cared about stuff like that?:huh:

11 hours ago, HerrDrFunk said:

No. Full stop. Are you really blaming the people who got run over rather than the guy who pointed his car at them and hit the gas?

He is and has been for several pages now. I understand why someone said earlier (Might have been Phil or Hippy) that his posts were deserving of nothing but mockery.

10 hours ago, Sweathog said:

I'm gonna throw in my two cents....

The Nazis and the Klan members and the rest of the alt-right are total scum, absolutely. Their ideology is disgusting. Driving through a bunch of people because they disagreed with him is an act of lunacy, period.

With that being said, they have a right to say what they want, and the police should have done a better job separating the two sides from each other.

Some will agree or disagree with the idea that there is oppression/racism against whites in our society today, but what cannot be denied is that the alt-righters (and some others who may be on the fringe of joining them) feel it's true. Society needs to acknowledge their feelings on this matter and take a good honest look at whether anti-white racism exists or not, instead of scoffing at the idea. Otherwise those people on the fringe will end up joining their ranks and making these Nazis even more dangerous than they are now.

i don't think anyone is denying that. What we're saying is that the protesters have just as much right to show up and call them out for their racism.

There's only one person here who believes that the woman who was murdered had it coming because she was there in what was a hostile situation.

Some people seem to be taking a stance that is disgustingly close to "The girl was just asking to be raped, look at what she was wearing and where she was walking."

This line of thought is as repugnant to me as the dude that was denying the Holocaust.

2 minutes ago, gurn said:

Some people seem to be taking a stance that is disgustingly close to "The girl was just asking to be raped, look at what she was wearing and where she was walking."

This line of thought is as repugnant to me as the dude that was denying the Holocaust.

I was thinking of the usual suspects who defend cops shooting unarmed black men, because the victim wasn't exhibiting absolute compliance with shouted instructions in an extremely stressful situation...

11 hours ago, 189lb enforcers? said:

Just show me how White folks are being put first and I will admit that I'm wrong.

Liberty and equality, that's all I want for us all. 

There is a difference between being put first and equality....

Most of the posts I have read by you claim to be mad about a loss of equality; however they come off sounding like you are upset about a loss of priority. The loss of priority can feel like oppression, but it is not. It may be hard to feel this, but know that it is not oppression. There is a legitimate attempt being made for equality which means that there is going to have to be some give and take as the people who were previously oppressed or discriminated against are given full opportunity to compete on a level playing field, talent that was once viewed as good enough might not cut it any more.

8 hours ago, Sweathog said:

I'm gonna throw in my two cents....

The Nazis and the Klan members and the rest of the alt-right are total scum, absolutely. Their ideology is disgusting. Driving through a bunch of people because they disagreed with him is an act of lunacy, period.

With that being said, they have a right to say what they want, and the police should have done a better job separating the two sides from each other.

Some will agree or disagree with the idea that there is oppression/racism against whites in our society today, but what cannot be denied is that the alt-righters (and some others who may be on the fringe of joining them) feel it's true. Society needs to acknowledge their feelings on this matter and take a good honest look at whether anti-white racism exists or not, instead of scoffing at the idea. Otherwise those people on the fringe will end up joining their ranks and making these Nazis even more dangerous than they are now.

In a systematic view Anti- white racism does not exist. Anti white bigotry does.

There is no need to legitimize the feelings that there should be an all white nation, nor the idea of white supremacy. 

Have a pity party and be done with it. These feelings are like the kid who grows up playing tier 1 hockey because his dad's the coach and doesn't get drafted in the Bantam draft because no one can see any talent in the kid. There's been a false pumping of the tires, it hurts, but that's the real world.

6 minutes ago, otherwise said:

Most of the posts I have read by you claim to be mad about a loss of equality; however they come off sounding like you are upset about a loss of priority. The loss of priority can feel like oppression, but it is not. It may be hard to feel this, but know that it is not oppression. There is a legitimate attempt being made for equality which means that there is going to have to be some give and take as the people who were previously oppressed or discriminated against are given full opportunity to compete on a level playing field, talent that was once viewed as good enough might not cut it any more.

In a systematic view Anti- white racism does not exist. Anti white bigotry does.

There is no need to legitimize the feelings that there should be an all white nation, nor the idea of white supremacy. 

Have a pity party and be done with it. These feelings are like the kid who grows up playing tier 1 hockey because his dad's the coach and doesn't get drafted in the Bantam draft because no one can see any talent in the kid. There's been a false pumping of the tires, it hurts, but that's the real world.

I'm not saying that we should legitimize the feelings that there should be white supremacy, or an all white nation. But I've looked into these clowns a little bit, and some of what they're saying is quite strange.... Some of them think that "anti-racism" is really "anti-white", some really DO think that there is now systematic discrimination against whites, some of them even fear a "white genocide" because of declining birthrates of whites.

Whether we like it or not, this is a growing movement, a movement that can do a lot of damage if it gets out of control. The only real way to defeat ideologies like this is with counter-arguments based on logic and facts, and that can only be done by actually hearing their arguments. Dismissing their arguments/feelings without having that needed discussion would be a huge mistake, a mistake that'll galvanize the alt-righters even more.

1 hour ago, otherwise said:

People are so quick to point to SJWs as the outcome of participation trophies but I think it swings both ways. Kids grow up being told they're special and awesome and then when they reach adulthood get hit with the fact that they're not. So they start looking for someone to blame and think "I'm awesome, it must be because of ___________ people that I don't have a great job and a hot girlfriend".

Archived