Hsh

[Discussion] softest NHL player

Rate this topic

i was thinking about who could be the NHL's softest player in recent times and the guy that came to my mind is Mason Raymond. i mean has he ever even thrown a hard hit. last year he did check Peter Granberg rattling the boards but was it hard. has raymond ever thrown a good body check, and was he the league's softest player in your opinion.

Edited by Hsh

Considering how many soft players there are, seems pretty silly to single out Raymond of all players. Raymond had a bit of edge, just didn't have the strength or size to be effective in that part of his game. Considering we have a player like Goldobin currently, Raymond probably isn't even the softest Canuck.

I would consider Gretzky soft considering they needed to bring in bodyguards to play with him.

Raymond never threw hits because, I don't know, maybe he wasn't that kind of player?

• Upvote 2

Hard to call people who play in a rough sport soft, hockey is a sport that even the weakest dudes are tough because of the type of abuse they put their bodies through.

Edited by CanuckleHorse
  • Upvote 2

I don't think you thought this one through...

• Upvote 1

50 minutes ago, S'all Good Man said:

respectfully I don't see the point of this... I don't think anyone can make it and survive in the NHL and be "soft". 

This. 

• Upvote 1

Before he broke his back, he was a pretty tenacious little fella. 

He wasn't a big checker, but he wasn't a wuss.  

Your thread is much softer than Raymond ever was.   

• Upvote 4

My wife wants to chime in and ask who you guys think the hardest NHL player could be

She needs a new favorite and the harder the better

• Upvote 1

Whichever players lathers himself in body shampoo the most will be the softest NHLer....

9 minutes ago, Warhippy said:

My wife wants to chime in and ask who you guys think the hardest NHL player could be

She needs a new favorite and the harder the better

TMI :)

Don't think you make the NHL a softy....... But the semin fighting style was pretty soft.

There are soft players in the NHL but that's all relative. The softest NHL player is probably harder than many of us regular folk; who the softest one is is debatable.