The Official Site of the Vancouver Canucks
Canucks Community

[Speculation] David Pastrnak to be traded

3 minutes ago, S'all Good Man said:

Chara isn't what he used to be. Having Guddy and McQuaid would scare most teams in to submission and then they have to deal with the rat up front. I think BOS would love to have Guddy. Whether thats worth a disgruntled (if true) Pastrnak who can say? All depends on what other teams can put on the table in terms of talent and cap space for a big honking contract for Pastrnak. 

Any team would love to have Guddy and I can see Virtanen blooming on another team with many here then lamenting the yet again giving up on a power forward too soon.   

4 minutes ago, Rob_Zepp said:

Any team would love to have Guddy and I can see Virtanen blooming on another team with many here then lamenting the yet again giving up on a power forward too soon.   

I wouldn't trade Guddy and Jake, thats too much and there's a great chance of getting a nice return at the TDL anyway for Guddy if things go sideways on a contract extension. 

6 minutes ago, Alflives said:

I'm not a fan of Baer the hockey player.  

Former high first round pick who set CHL on fire after his draft year with 2 ppg pace (rarely seen in CHL anymore) and now finding his form in NHL and seems to score goals in the "dirty areas".   What isn't there to like there you don't see?   Oodles of potential still and just starting to realize it.   Ceiling still far from clear on this player.   

Just now, S'all Good Man said:

I wouldn't trade Guddy and Jake, thats too much and there's a great chance of getting a nice return at the TDL anyway. 

With Guddy it is win-win for Canucks this year with contract - if he doesn't do well, demand out there is low and they can decide his fate without concern.   If he plays very well (which I think he will), he will earn the new contract and all win.   If he plays well but doesn't plan on re-signing, what a great chip to use at TDL.    In all three scenarios, hard to see the risk this contract brings - all seems in Canuck's favour.   Of course his not playing well would be a bad thing on ice but given his previous track record of anchoring a strong Dcorp and how Florida's dropped off without him, likely seeing him with two arms will be an enjoyable thing for Canuck faithful (and drive the numeric's guys who forget the game is played on the ice nuts!).

3 minutes ago, Rob_Zepp said:

Former high first round pick who set CHL on fire after his draft year with 2 ppg pace (rarely seen in CHL anymore) and now finding his form in NHL and seems to score goals in the "dirty areas".   What isn't there to like there you don't see?   Oodles of potential still and just starting to realize it.   Ceiling still far from clear on this player.   

I see a guy who gets injured when he goes to those scoring areas.  He doesn't do much else if not providing offence.  

I don't see Boston wanting him.  

1 minute ago, S'all Good Man said:

I'd like Benning to trade for him just based on the name alone, it sounds like a French Canadian swear word. 

I was thinking of a breakfast I used to order in Germany - has a similar name as well.   

3 hours ago, NUCKER67 said:

Would love to get him

Pastrnak - Horvat - Boeser

...but it would cost a ton. Virtanen and Gudbranson? (or is that even enough?)

I would see Pastrnack as more of a match for Goldobin.

Goldobin     Gagne     Pastrnack

The price would be rediculous but, man; that line would be fun to watch.

2 hours ago, komodo0921 said:

I would see Pastrnack as more of a match for Goldobin.

Goldobin     Gagne     Pastrnack

The price would be rediculous but, man; that line would be fun to watch.

If we actually traded for him I think a lot of fans would want him playing with Bo not Gagner. 

3 hours ago, S'all Good Man said:

I wouldn't trade Guddy and Jake, thats too much and there's a great chance of getting a nice return at the TDL anyway for Guddy if things go sideways on a contract extension. 

Too much for a 21 year old 70 point scorer? Guddy is a UFA after this year and JV's trade value is maybe that of a mid to late 2nd round pick. There's just no way that would be enough on our end. I'd throw in Goldobin and even that might not be enough.

Guys like Pastrnak never go on the market. So I have my doubts about this report. But if he is traded, the price will be STEEP. Surely more than a soon to be UFA #4 dman and a B prospect. 

Edit: Just to put the kind of season he just had into perspective, 4 out of the last 5 seasons we haven't had a 70 point scorer.

3 hours ago, pluralsight said:

Boston will probably be looking for either Boeser or Juolevi + Baertschi + 1st for Pastrnak. Worth it? Hard to say. 

1 good season and he (Pastrnak) is looking for +++$; likely 7M.  I'd be very angry if the Nucks made that deal; especially before either Boes or Juolevi have had a chance to prove themselves.

Archived