The Official Site of the Vancouver Canucks
Canucks Community

[Signing] Dwight King signs in KHL

Dwight King is taking his game overseas.

The veteran forward, who split last season between the Los Angeles Kings and Montreal Canadiens, has signed a two-year contract with Avtomobilist Yekaterinburg of the KHL.

King tallied nine goals and seven assists in 80 games last season. A fourth-round pick by Los Angeles in 2007, he's recorded 109 points in 365 career NHL games.

The 28-year-old won the Stanley Cup with the Kings in 2012 and 2014.

https://www.thescore.com/nhl/news/1350764

16 hours ago, Violator said:

I think the canucks should have put some interest towards him.

I guess he needed the paycheck though makes sense

There are only so many players we can look at and sign. I'd rather focus on what we already have than look at King. 

On 16/08/2017 at 7:04 AM, Quinn12 said:

Are you insinuating that Tay could fight? :/ 

He was a pretty underrated fighter. Held his own at a young age against Mcgrattan, did pretty good against Ivanans after a hard hit on Henrik I believe, and destroyed Chris Stewart who is one of the top fighters in the nhl right now.

He did get clocked by Engelland a few years ago and I giess thats what people remembered him for

41 minutes ago, LeanBeef said:

He was a pretty underrated fighter. Held his own at a young age against Mcgrattan, did pretty good against Ivanans after a hard hit on Henrik I believe, and destroyed Chris Stewart who is one of the top fighters in the nhl right now.

He did get clocked by Engelland a few years ago and I giess thats what people remembered him for

Stewart is not one of the top fighters in the NHL right now. C'mon!

10 minutes ago, PhillipBlunt said:

Stewart is not one of the top fighters in the NHL right now. C'mon!

There's not much competition for him right now honestly.

A few years ago that would be different but after Reaves there's not too many much better than Stewart. Sure there's Lucic, McQuaid, Prout, etc. but one could argue that they are in the same tier. Not to mention in his last 8 years in the NHL (according to dropyourgloves) he has only lost 3 fights. 

4 hours ago, LeanBeef said:

Sorry, he wasnt a great fighter at all. 

25 minutes ago, LeanBeef said:

Not saying he was a great fighter, but he was one of those guys who could handle himself pretty well due to size and strength. 

He could hold his own of course. I just never saw a point to him fighting, I was always scared he was gonna hurt himself lol 

Archived