The Official Site of the Vancouver Canucks
Canucks Community

Predicting Canucks leading scorers 2017-2018

Ursel23

21 minutes ago, Master Mind said:

I've liked Loui since his time in Dallas, and would love to see him play to his potential here. Not sure it'll happen this year, but that would be nice. 

We have to temper expectations given he's gone from the first line with quality line mates and decent pp in Dallas and then Boston ( with a couple down years after the Seguin trade).  Maybe Green will play him with the Sedins ... He does have good speed and puck pursuit skills, it's a head scratcher for sure that things haven't worked out with them ( yet?).  When he was signed I was stoked thinking finally we have a bona fide first liner to compliment the Sedins which honestly they have never had in their entire career.  Too late in the game perhaps given their age, but I was one of those guys that though it might keep them more relevant as they completed their careers, AND perhaps padded stats to push them out of the fringe HHOFs and into the Hall.

48 minutes ago, Master Mind said:

It would be a big jump for him, but I think he's capable of it.

I've watched him in London, and have been pretty high on him. If he doesn't crack 70 this year he should come close, and reach it the following year.

Regardless of our conflicting opinions, it will be interesting to see how it plays out. 

I certainly envision Bo to be playing against better competition this year.

3 hours ago, Ursel23 said:

Yeah I agree. WD was definitely not the best fit as coach last year. I was surprised he lasted as long as he did. Are you saying that without him Eriksson and the twins will flourish this year? I'm eager to see what Travis Green can do but I'm a little worried we went with an unproven coach @ an NHL level.

I can see where you're coming from, but don't forget, the unproven NHL coach is, for the most part, going to be working with a largely unproven group of players. I'm quietly—VERY quietly—hopeful that they will grow together into a team with a legitimate chance of lifting "it" in three or four years time.

My guess is our boy Brock Boeser scores the most ladies, by a mile. 

As far as hockey goes- I expect the twins to be a bit slower, again, and Bo will retain his crown as the nux points leader with 68pts. I predicted 60 out of him last year but fell short, and I place the blame on WD, squarely on his line blending crazy ol willyness

2 hours ago, -Vintage Canuck- said:

I'm not going to guess the point total for each, but I will rank our top-10 scoring leaders like this:

1. Horvat

2. Henrik

3. Daniel

4. Granlund

5. Baertschi

6. Boeser

7. Gagner

8. Eriksson

9. Stecher

10. Sutter

I like how most people are pegging Stecher to be our top point getter for defenders. It'll be interesting to see how he plays in his second season! And Eriksson again finding himself on the bottom half of most lists. 

3 hours ago, apollo said:

Man... you know what'd be nice? 100+ points for both Sedins and a Cup to finish their careers. 

That'd be nice. I'd never ask the hockey gods for anything again if that was to happen.

Apollo..have you transitioned from insisting(Nucks are best!) to daydreaming? Don't worry, two more lean yrs & they're rolling again.

My Top 5:

Bo Horvat: 25 goals, 35 assists, 60 points

Brock Boeser: 30 goals, 30 assists, 60 points

Henrik Sedin: 10 goals, 47 points, 57 points

Daniel Sedin: 25 goals, 27 assists, 52 points

Sven Baertschi: 22 goals, 25 assists, 47 points

I know my Boeser prediction might be a little high, but I really think with the right linemates he could reach those totals. 

Baertschi - Horvat - Eriksson

Daniel - Henrik - Boeser 

Granlund - Sutter - Gagner

I hope to see this as our main lines starting the season. If Eriksson plays on the top line I think he can surprise a lot of Canucks fans. Same goes for Boeser but with the twins. The guys a goal scorer and with two of the best passers in the game... I can see him chasing the Calder.

For me I think it will go..

1. Horvat.          
2. Henrik
3. Daniel          
4. Baertschi            
5. Granlund       
6. Boeser      
7.  Gagner
8. Eriksson             
9. Sutter.             
10. Stecher.        

1 hour ago, Ursel23 said:

I think you're the first to say Eriksson leads the team! I like the optimism +1

I've been called a lot of things an optimist thou come on.....i mean there's  not need for name calling.lol.

louie a good player he been a good player everywhere he's played he didn't fit (not that anyone did) with whatever the hell  wonky willie was doing. 

6 hours ago, Ursel23 said:

Yeah I agree. WD was definitely not the best fit as coach last year. I was surprised he lasted as long as he did. Are you saying that without him Eriksson and the twins will flourish this year? I'm eager to see what Travis Green can do but I'm a little worried we went with an unproven coach @ an NHL level.

I don't know about flourish, but certainly much better deployment and at least a chance of more offence. I'd actually be very happy to see Bo and Loui together, Loui had his best years with Brad Richards in Dallas so maybe they could have something like that going. Its a lot to expect and I don't expect a 70 pt season but 50 with Bo... doesn't seem that outrageous to me. 

2 hours ago, Nuxfanabroad said:

Apollo..have you transitioned from insisting(Nucks are best!) to daydreaming? Don't worry, two more lean yrs & they're rolling again.

Lol... I was full on day dream mode for a few hours today :lol:

3 hours ago, Kaner said:

Regardless of our conflicting opinions, it will be interesting to see how it plays out. 

I certainly envision Bo to be playing against better competition this year.

It certainly will be. The development of the young players is the most exciting part of these next couple years.

Hopefully he, and the others, thrive when faced with top competition.

8 hours ago, IBatch said:

Personally I think the Sedins are going to bounce back and come in top shape as usual.  It's possibly their last season, and a contract year, both will be big motivators.

First Line

1. H. Sedin 13 goals 50 assists 63 pts

2. D. Sedin 24 goals  35 assists 59 pts

3a .Goldobin 12 goals 13 assure 25 pts

3b. L.E.  26 goals 24 assists 50 pts.

Second Line

1. B. Horvat 25 goals 32  assists 57 pts.

2. S. Bearstchi 21 goals 18 assists 39 pts.

3. Boeser 29 goals 18 assists 47 pts.

Third Line

1.B. Sutter  18 goals 17 assists 35 pts.

2. Gagne 18 goals  23 assists 41 pts.

3a. L.E. ( see above)

3b. Burm 15 goals 18 assists 33 pts.

3c. Rodin 12 goals 15 assists 27 pts.

Fourth Line and other notables

0. Granlund.  Is up and down the top 9 ends up with 24 goals and  30 assists. 54 points 

1. Boucher 10 goals 9 assists 19 pts.

2. Virtanen 9 goals 13 assists 24 pts

3. Gaunce 4 goals 6 assists 10 pts.

4. Dahlen 3 goals  7 assists ( in late season call up, 8 games played)

Defense

1. Stetcher   11 goals 20 assists 31 pts.

2. Del Zotto 4 goals 26 assists 30 pts.

3. Hutton 5 goals 24 assists 29 pts.

4. Edler 9 goals 19  assists 28 pts.

5. Tanev 4 goals 18 assists 22 pts ( then scores 2 more in a late season trade to TO for Kapenan and their first rounder in 2018 and a conditional second in 2019 if they make it to the conference finals).

Book it.

Love the optimism, but cant see the team scoring 302 goals next year

Archived