The Official Site of the Vancouver Canucks
Canucks Community

Predicting Canucks leading scorers 2017-2018

Ursel23

16 hours ago, Father Ryan said:

Baertschi (25g, 28a, 53p) - Horvat (24g, 45a, 69p) - Boeser (31g, 23a, 54p) (and 2nd in the Calder)

D, Sedin (16g, 25a, 41p) - H. Sedin (10g, 33a, 43p) - Granlund (21g, 17a, 38p)

Eriksson (20g, 20a, 40p) - Sutter (22g, 19a, 41p) - Gagner (17g, 33a, 50p) (and with his addition, the PP climbs all the way to 13th in the league)

Virtanen(9g, 8a, 17p) - Burmistrov (4g, 7a, 11p) /Gaunce (3g, 9a, 12p) - Boucher (9g, 6a, 15p) (Burmistrov doesn't figure it out, traded at deadline)

Other forwards: Dorsett (2g, 3a, 5p), McEwen (1g, 2a) Cassels (0g, 1a), Goldobin (3g, 2a)

Tanev (4g, 15a) - Hutton (8g, 29a)

Edler (5g, 14a) - Stetcher (5g, 28a)

MDZ (8g, 22a) - Guddy (1g, 11a) (traded at deadline)

Pedan (1g, 2a), Weircioch (2g, 5a), Holm (0g, 2a) Biega (0g, 2a)

Total of 251!  This only happens if everyone stays healthy and plays close to potential. I could easily see either/both of the Twins slumping even farther, Sutter not coming close, Burmistrov not figuring it out at all, and one major injury screwing up one player completely; then the total will be around 210.

Rodin will be scoring more than Erikkson....take Jake out and plunk in Rodin ....add 10-15 points on to what Jake had and take the same away from Erikkson and it is still a dream season....

7 hours ago, Rollieo Del Fuego said:

Rodin will be scoring more than Erikkson....take Jake out and plunk in Rodin ....add 10-15 points on to what Jake had and take the same away from Erikkson and it is still a dream season....

You know, I forgot all about Rodin! I knew when I was doing this that there was one winger I was neglecting. Having said that...I will reserve judgment on both Rodin and Virtanen until the season starts. One thing about Eriksson; no matter where he has been, his second year has always been better than his first, and his third even better. I don't know if he will have the wheels in his third year here to keep that trend going,

1 minute ago, Father Ryan said:

You know, I forgot all about Rodin! I knew when I was doing this that there was one winger I was neglecting. Having said that...I will reserve judgment on both Rodin and Virtanen until the season starts. One thing about Eriksson; no matter where he has been, his second year has always been better than his first, and his third even better. I don't know if he will have the wheels in his third year here to keep that trend going,

Erikkson was trying to hard and messing up greatly towards the last half of the season....I hope you are right about his second season with a new team...I also hope he can find a way to play with the Sedins again...they all need a bounce back year.

17 hours ago, Father Ryan said:

We are allowed to dream...usually without criticism. Um...you did see the caveat about only if ALL healthy and ALL to potential? And that 210 is more likely?

We lost 462 man games last year to injury...yikes.  Like you I didn't factor or even try to guess what would happen with injuries and posted optimistic totals based on 82 games played.  Obviously this isn't going to happen but some people have nothing better to do than criticize this exercise that like you said didn't come with a caveat that we had to include injuries in our predictions.  Fantasy mags do the same thing, their totals are usually high and based on relatively healthy seasons with a modest reduction in games played for players with a history that includes alot of time in the infirmary ala Salo.

Stamkos scored 17 in 20 games last year, but all the fantasy sites/mags had him around PPG and north of 40 goals.  Don't worry, I got your post it ready to me anywhere from 210-250 goals.

Also of course the Canucks aren't going to be lights out, but the potential is there if everything is perfect and players that replace injured ones score at a similar pace this team could surprise us.  Probably not, and probably another top five pick but that is exactly what we need anyways.

Horvat 60 points 24 Goals 

Eriksson 55 points 18 Goals 

Daniel 53 points 16 Goals 

Henrik 51 points 13 Goals 

Granlund 45-60 points 20-30 goals *

Baertschi 45- 55 points 20 Goals 

Boeser 40 points 16 Goals  

Gagner 40 points 18 Goals 

Granlund is the wild card in my opinion as I think he has great potential. I'd say a top end 2nd liner. 

Rodin could end up being a major factor if he gets a prominent role WHEN we run into injuries. 

Defense

I have no clue... 

This is reflective of players playing a full 82 game season so I don't expect everyone to reach these point totals. 

56 minutes ago, teepain said:

Eriksson 61

horvat 59

d sedin 58

h sedin 54

boeser 45

I agree with you that Eriksson will be much better this season. Many people are throwing him under the bus because of his 1 bad year, which is normal for him when switching teams. Especially when that team is mediocre, injury plagued and he was playing all over the lineup. Not sure he will hit 60 with our calibre of team but definitely better than 25 from last year. Hoping for 50+. 

Horvat 65 points 25 Goals 

Boeser 55 points 25 Goals 

Granlund 55 points 20 Goals

Rodin   50 points  20 Goals

Daniel 45 points 17 Goals 

Henrik  45 points 13 Goals 

Baertschi 44 points  22 Goals 

Erikkson  35 points  15 goals

Stecher 35 points 12 Goals

Hutton   30 points  8 Goals

That's 195 goals from 11 players....25-35 goals from the rest of them and maybe we are pushing for a playoff spot....

4 hours ago, Rollieo Del Fuego said:

Horvat 65 points 25 Goals 

Boeser 55 points 25 Goals 

Granlund 55 points 20 Goals

Rodin   50 points  20 Goals

Daniel 45 points 17 Goals 

Henrik  45 points 13 Goals 

Baertschi 44 points  22 Goals 

Erikkson  35 points  15 goals

Stecher 35 points 12 Goals

Hutton   30 points  8 Goals

That's 195 goals from 11 players....25-35 goals from the rest of them and maybe we are pushing for a playoff spot....

Rodin ain't getting 50 points man. 

Archived