The Official Site of the Vancouver Canucks
Canucks Community

Cap for Edm(what do U do?)

On ‎2017‎年‎8‎月‎17‎日 at 12:21 PM, Nuxfanabroad said:

I'm no Oiler-fan(suspect most here feel the same). But all know they've got an interesting cap-conundrum on the way. This yr, they're fine..it's 2018 they must be focused on.

Next yr, they're already at about 61 mill, for only 13 signed.

Just as an exercise in donning the GM's hat, how would you deal with such a situation?

Bump this as reminder of orig question...

On ‎2017‎年‎8‎月‎17‎日 at 11:42 PM, Ghostsof1915 said:

Before declaring them a dynasty how about they get good enough to win a cup first? How many Memorial Cups did McDavid win? They need to draft a solid defence and goaltender. They need to trade RNH for a stud d-man, and draft a goalie who can be strong enough to win 16 games in the Playoffs. 

McDavid may be the best player in the NHL, but the team needs to learn to play as a unit, and get better defensively, and in net. 

Nice one Ghost-er

1 minute ago, Ghostsof1915 said:

One of the few times I could see where things were going. I could easily have been wrong. At least Nurse is finally rounding into form.

I think Edm-analysis is a black & white(not many greyish shades) example, & interesting team-rebuilding(we'd better freeken learn) case-study.

Further to this, I bumped a summer trade thread with Van/Edm, to further analyze their f***-ups.

It's simple man..y'gotta' know when to move.

I guess they have a good problem? McGretzky will take a large chunk of the Cap, yes, and Drysaddle will take his large share as well. Lucic is expensive, and he won't want to waive. He signed there specifically to win many Cups with McGretzky over the next 7 years. I'll assume they'll have to trade a few of their high ends prospects for future picks, then insulate McGretzky and Co. with cheap plugs to fill out the roster. I can see  Draisaitl trade to MTL for Price. Hope so, Price fits with their struggling environment.

On ‎2018‎年‎1‎月‎6‎日 at 4:19 AM, NUCKER67 said:

I guess they have a good problem? McGretzky will take a large chunk of the Cap, yes, and Drysaddle will take his large share as well. Lucic is expensive, and he won't want to waive. He signed there specifically to win many Cups with McGretzky over the next 7 years. I'll assume they'll have to trade a few of their high ends prospects for future picks, then insulate McGretzky and Co. with cheap plugs to fill out the roster. I can see  Draisaitl trade to MTL for Price. Hope so, Price fits with their struggling environment.

Suggested this a day or two back...

Drai to Mtl(they've longed forever, for a top young C)

Mtl sends: Galchucky/Gallagher(pick 1) & their 2018 1st R pick.

EDM would have 2 shots at Dahlin. They could pick two primo young D(prob 2 outa' top-7 picks).

Cap issues solved. McD, Pool & Nurse are so young..why the Hell not?

Starting to wonder where McJesus fits into the upper crust of the league's best. Maybe there has been too much hype placed on the kid? Maybe he is a great, entertaining kid to watch. Just not a take me to the promised land, leader type, top three player in the world????

hoo boy, this was their big window year and they didn't do enough to take it up to the next level. 

If i'm the GM in order:

- Tell Messier to GTFO and go eat chips. 

- Un retire the Messier Jersey. 

- Trade Draisatl to the Canucks for Hutton. 

- Trade RNH to the Isles for Kulemin

- Sign Kulemin to a 9 yr $76M contract with full NMC

- Sign Hutton to a 10 yr $100M contract with full NMC

- Trade my 2018,19,20,21 1st AND 2nd round picks for the rights to Nikita Tryamkin

- Announce i am Canucks fan, but sometimes find myself cheering for the Isles for reasons unknown.

- Get fired. 

1 hour ago, BabychStache said:

hoo boy, this was their big window year and they didn't do enough to take it up to the next level. 

If i'm the GM in order:

- Trade my 2018,19,20,21 1st AND 2nd round picks for the rights to Nikita Tryamkin

- Announce i am Canucks fan, but sometimes find myself cheering for the Isles for reasons unknown.

- Get fired. 

Not sure if this would make them any worse...

On ‎8‎/‎16‎/‎2017 at 8:21 PM, Nuxfanabroad said:

I'm no Oiler-fan(suspect most here feel the same). But all know they've got an interesting cap-conundrum on the way. This yr, they're fine..it's 2018 they must be focused on.

Next yr, they're already at about 61 mill, for only 13 signed.

Just as an exercise in donning the GM's hat, how would you deal with such a situation?

Let them drown.

On ‎1‎/‎8‎/‎2018 at 11:12 AM, BabychStache said:

If i'm the GM in order:

- Get fired. 

How does this only have two reputation points?

Seeing as how Nurse is their best Dman this year and he is RFA at the end of the season, I'd be shocked if he doesnt get signed for $4 mill+ per year. If this happens, The oilers would have 5 Defensemen making $4 million or more next, despite having one of the most mediocre D-cores in the Western Conference. oh yeah, and one of those Dman is Kris Russell who is the poor mans MDZ :wacko:

5 hours ago, Canadian Clay said:

Seeing as how Nurse is their best Dman this year and he is RFA at the end of the season, I'd be shocked if he doesnt get signed for $4 mill+ per year. If this happens, The oilers would have 5 Defensemen making $4 million or more next, despite having one of the most mediocre D-cores in the Western Conference. oh yeah, and one of those Dman is Kris Russell who is the poor mans MDZ :wacko:

Good job Chiarelli! I feel sorry for any kid drafted into that black hole of crap hockey. Oh wait. Weren't we supposed to have and EDM TOR final this year. Bahaha. 

16 hours ago, rekker said:

Good job Chiarelli! I feel sorry for any kid drafted into that black hole of crap hockey. Oh wait. Weren't we supposed to have and EDM TOR final this year. Bahaha. 

Yeah it’s hilarious. The McDavid contract would be fine if they didn’t have lucic + sekera + Russel taking up huge amounts of the cap with NTC. Can’t have it all!

Archived