The Official Site of the Vancouver Canucks
Canucks Community

[Signing] Sabres re-sign Zemgus Girgensons

Just now, GarthButcher5 said:

Nice, an All-Star signing for under 1 million per year. Now if only he could play like a legitimate all-star.

He signed for 1.6 million per year, as for the second part of your post, it's sad but true... :lol:  To his credit though, he works his butt off on the ice each and every game.

Just now, SabreFan1 said:

He signed for 1.6 million per year, as for the second part of your post, it's sad but true... :lol:  To his credit though, he works his butt off on the ice each and every game.

He definitely does, I don't really remember why the fans in Buffalo chose him to vote him in as an all-star but I would assume that his work ethic makes him a fan favorite. That and the fact that he is part of the NHL all-name team.

Just now, GarthButcher5 said:

He definitely does, I don't really remember why the fans in Buffalo chose him to vote him in as an all-star but I would assume that his work ethic makes him a fan favorite. That and the fact that he is part of the NHL all-name team.

The whole country of Latvia voted him in believe it or not.  Girgensons was huge that year because of how well he had done in the Olympics.

3 minutes ago, SabreFan1 said:

The whole country of Latvia voted him in believe it or not.  Girgensons was huge that year because of how well he had done in the Olympics.

Makes me wish that the Canucks should have gave Arturs Irbe a better shot when we had him. 

1 minute ago, GarthButcher5 said:

Makes me wish that the Canucks should have gave Arturs Irbe a better shot when we had him. 

Irbe was a streaky goaltender year to year.  Can't blame the old guard for only holding onto him for a short time. 

Steal and probably one of the more underrated 3rd line centers out there in the Vermette/ Couturier mold--big, strong, defensively responsible, two-way guy and tough to play against with some offensive potential.  IF we didn't pick up guys during the summer I would've been down for Benning to try to bring someone like him in as he would've been a decent complementary player to acquire.  Oh well, good for Buffalo to have him hold things down behind ROR and Eich.

Archived