The Official Site of the Vancouver Canucks
Canucks Community

(Poll) Canucks predictions 2017-2018

Ursel23

Predictions for 2017-2018  

106 members have voted

You do not have permission to vote in this poll, or see the poll results. Please sign in or register to vote in this poll.

7 minutes ago, Ursel23 said:

2017-2018 predictions! 

I thought it would be fun to create my first poll. Summers been a drag and it's fun to predict our upcoming season. What do you think?

It feels a bit redundant, considering your own thread from three days ago.

Yes, getting some deja vu here, but that's okay, I like reading about this stuff. I see Horvat taking another step this year, especially if he has Boeser on his wing. Best defender kind of rules out the offensive guys (Del Zotto, Hutton, Stecher), and I think Juolevi will play in Europe next season. I'm hoping Gudbranson shows us this season why we traded a 1st+ for him.  

2 minutes ago, Alflives said:

Boeser is going to play A LOT with the Twins resulting in his scoring 30+, and Henrik and Daniel getting 70+ points each.  

Boeser with the Sedins could be interesting. Talk about a learning experience for Brock.

If this happens, who's the first line? Eriksson - Horvat - Gagner ??

Just now, NUCKER67 said:

Boeser with the Sedins could be interesting. Talk about a learning experience for Brock.

Twins Boeser

Bo, Baer, Loui

Sutter, Granlund, Gagner

top three lines I'm hoping to see.

i believe the opponent will determine with their match-ups, who our top line will be.  

2 minutes ago, Alflives said:

Twins Boeser

Bo, Baer, Loui

Sutter, Granlund, Gagner

top three lines I'm hoping to see.

i believe the opponent will determine with their match-ups, who our top line will be.  

Wouldn't it be cool if Boeser just clicks with the Sedins and they churn out 60-70 points each this season. lol  He seems very composed and makes smart plays, so you never know. The grit factor may be an issue though. Damn, I want Virtanen to play. Hope he's ready this year.

59 minutes ago, Ursel23 said:

2017-2018 predictions! 

I thought it would be fun to create my first poll. Summers been a drag and it's fun to predict our upcoming season. What do you think?

Not a bad poll.  You might want to check the spelling of "Horbat" in #2?  GCG!

P.S. - I picked Gudbranson as our best defender not because he's a lock but because I'm hoping by sheer force of will that he can become the guy that we were expecting him to be.  If we can get that, and a bounce-back year from Edler, and the usual steady play of Tanev, and not too many injuries, and some offensive production from our offensive guys, we have a pretty good chance at being a decent team.  Maybe that's stating the obvious and it's a lot of ifs, but it's not out of the realm of possibility.

2 minutes ago, NUCKER67 said:

Wouldn't it be cool if Boeser just clicks with the Sedins and they churn out 60-70 points each this season. lol  He seems very composed and makes smart plays, so you never know. The grit factor may be an issue though. Damn, I want Virtanen to play. Hope he's ready this year.

If Boeser plays with the Twins I see him winning the Calder.

5 minutes ago, NUCKER67 said:

he wont.  he's not the type of player that does well with the Sedins.  Besides, Granlund seems to have elevated his game with the twins, and The Canucks would be better off long term seeing if Boeser/Horvat/Baertschi can get some chemistry going

But who knows.  maybe green slots him with the sedins and they do well

Just now, Alflives said:

If Boeser plays with the Twins I see him winning the Calder.

That would probably be his best bet to win it, put him with players who know how to score, give him the ice time. I just can't see him playing in Utica much, that seems a bit backwards to me. He came in after the UND season ended and showed his first game he could play in this league and be successful. I hope he gets the GREEN light :)

2 minutes ago, NUCKER67 said:

That would probably be his best bet to win it, put him with players who know how to score, give him the ice time. I just can't see him playing in Utica much, that seems a bit backwards to me. He came in after the UND season ended and showed his first game he could play in this league and be successful. I hope he gets the GREEN light :)

And in those few games last season his legs were probably tired.  

BOESER FOR THE CALDER!!!!!

I think Horvat and Boeser will have a positive influence on each other. Horvat will be able to trust both wingers and add playmaking to his skill set. Boeser will feed off of the energy that Horvat brings. Horvat scores right at 70 this season, Boeser just breaks 30 goals.

The final standings will have us 5th in the Pacific, just behind Anaheim, with a record of 34-38-10.

Tanev is easily the best defender; Guddy does show up, but his agent lets it be known that he will NOT accept another "show me" contract, and Benning deals him at the TD. Weircioch rediscovers his game and lives up to his original potential when Guddy is shipped out.

55 minutes ago, NUCKER67 said:

I like that! 

Eriksson - Horvat - Gagner

D. Sedin - H. Sedin - Boeser

Baertschi - Sutter - Granlund

Archived