The Official Site of the Vancouver Canucks
Canucks Community

(Rumour) RFA Athanasiou Could Sign in Russia

Noble 6

55 minutes ago, oldnews said:

you really could have stopped at the bolded.

:lol:  Often true enough, but not in this case.  I would be shocked out of my fur if Bear was traded for anything of value.  I would like us to get this young guy in the OP, but don't see Baer as a player going back.

7 minutes ago, Alflives said:

:lol:  Often true enough, but not in this case.  I would be shocked out of my fur if Bear was traded for anything of value.  I would like us to get this young guy in the OP, but don't see Baer as a player going back.

detroit is looking for a player of similar age and productivity. 

seems to fit the bill. 

1 hour ago, tas said:

neither is athanasiou, really. it's not like he's a 19 year old with top line potential. he's 23 and just notched 17 goals in his best season. he's a guy the wings won't bend enough to pay $2 mil per year. 

6'2 23 year old who has 18 goals in 64 games (so 23 in a full 82 game season). 

While 2 million isn't a bargain, its not a bad number. AA should just take what ever they are offering on a 1 year and put up another 20 goal season. 

Ego...

7 hours ago, Alflives said:

I would LOVE to be COMPLETELY wrong on this one, but I just don't see Baer as a valued commodity. 

meaning you don't know the value of 33 goals in two x 68 and 69 game seasons.

Baertschi's cap hit is 1.85 million.

With better underlying numbers and in harder minutes than Athanasiou, he's produced a pair of seasons as good as AA's 'breakthrough' - arguably would be a good comparable for AA's agent to use in asking for a two year deal in that range.

Would also be a good hockey trade under the circumstances - Detroit might not even have the leverage to ask for a Baertschi wadr. ;)

Archived