The Official Site of the Vancouver Canucks
Canucks Community

[Signing] Alex Kerfoot to sign with Colorado Avalanche

This makes sense for the kid as he will likely get a chance to play right away versus waiting in minors in Vancouver or even New York.   The problem he will have is whether he is surrounded by much of anything to help his development.   I also worry that he was a one season wonder and came out of no where in rankings - think long-term Vancouver will be happier with Gaudette but who really knows.

4 minutes ago, sedinery55 said:

We would have had a log jam at centre. Obviously, the kid wants to play, and I don't think the Canucks were going to guarantee him anything

That's fair - as a bottom-feeding team, guaranteeing a rookie college FA playing time is the total opposite of what we should be doing.  Now, onto signing Bo so we can start the year with a Killer B's line (Baer, Bo, Brock) ::D

5 minutes ago, S'all Good Man said:

So didn't want hometown, lots of guys don't, but apparently NY isn't a good option vs Colorado? okie dokie.

But with Sakic's track record maybe he saved us from something.... 

Yup, yup and yup :lol:

Honestly think he made the wrong choice, and it's not because he didn't sign here. I actually don't feel like it's a big loss for us, we already have a ton of good forwards in the pipeline. He went with a team that's been bad for a while and in an unsteady situation. Maybe he's counting on Sakic getting the axe soon, but it's still uncertain on whether or not the team will be run properly.

Couldn't Linden get on the phone and do a better sell job than Burnaby Sell out Colorado Joe? 

Hope this turns out like when Iggy chose Avs over Van and Calgary and said "I feel I have a better chance to win here" 

For the record, I bet MG would have got him to sign here.

16 minutes ago, captainhorvat said:

I think for himself he made the right choice. He goes to a team where hes pretty much guaranteed a roster spot and can make mistakes and not have to worry about gettin sent down. 

This reeks of self entitlement to me.  I understand the logic behind wanting an opportunity, but it's not like it's not there with VAN as well.  You play well and earn your way into the line up- that's how it should be.  Stetcher proved it.

Archived