The Official Site of the Vancouver Canucks
Canucks Community

OMG Hurricane?

-Vintage Canuck-

9 minutes ago, SabreFan1 said:

I don't think anybody will be bum rushing you for your food.  Texas took the hit pretty well.

People of Texas of very strong and independent. We also have the castle doctrine. If you trespass or want to pillage, you will probably get shot.

Just now, jmfaminoff said:

People of Texas of very strong and independent. We also have the castle doctrine. If you trespass or want to pillage, you will probably get shot.

Trespassing will get you shot in every state.  Castle doctrine just codifies it into law so prosecutors can't arbitrarily haul people into court.  Here in NY state, you can kill trespassers once they enter your home, but if you live in a city or county with a very liberal anti-gun DA's office, they'll pretty much look for reasons to arrest you.

Things are pretty chaotic here. Major freeways are closed, about 300,000 homes without power.  I have had friends evacuated by airboat because they were trapped in their home. Our church is flooded because nearly two feet of water fell in less than two days.  Tropical storm is being pushed back out to the Gulf, may strengthen again, and will make landfall a second time by Wednesday.  One thing the people back home in BC need to understand that there are nearly 6.5-million people here, and the Houston metro is over 10,000 square miles in size. There are problems all over the city.  But that being said, Texans are a proud and strong people. We are #texasstrongandfiercelyindependent

Edited by jmfaminoff
Punctuation
  • Upvote 4

33 minutes ago, Alflives said:

See the old folks in that circumstance is heart wrenching indeed.  The government has to have spots for these people, my God! 

Those people were moved today.  See my previous post.  There are 6.5-million people here spread over 10,000 square miles. For comparison sake, the Vancouver metro area is about 1,000 square miles.

Edited by jmfaminoff
Punctuation
  • Upvote 2

53 minutes ago, Alflives said:

See the old folks in that circumstance is heart wrenching indeed.  The government has to have spots for these people, my God! 

Yes indeed Alflives, seeing seniors like this always puts a lump in my throat, so glad they have since been taken to safety and dryer surroundings.

Edited by tbone909
  • Upvote 1

1 hour ago, jmfaminoff said:

Things are pretty chaotic here. Major freeways are closed, about 300,000 homes without power.  I have had friends evacuated by airboat because they were trapped in their home. Our church is flooded because nearly two feet of water fell in less than two days.  Tropical storm is being pushed back out to the Gulf, may strengthen again, and will make landfall a second time by Wednesday.  One thing the people back home in BC need to understand that there are nearly 6.5-million people here, and the Houston metro is over 10,000 square miles in size. There are problems all over the city.  But that being said, Texans are a proud and strong people. We are #texasstrongandfiercelyindependent

Best of luck to everyone in Texas.

• Upvote 1

I can only watch this in horror and hope that they can get as many people as possible to safety. When mother nature cracks the whip we humans are shown to be not quite the supreme beings we perhaps think we are.

6 hours ago, jmfaminoff said:

Stay safe!