The Official Site of the Vancouver Canucks
Canucks Community

[Rumour] Penguins in trade talks for 3rd-line center

36 minutes ago, Provost said:

I would say Granlund would be more likely than Sutter if any of our centers were if interest.

I'd rather trade Sutter than Granlund. If we could retain cap on Sutter's contract and get a decent prospect or 2nd round pick I'd do that. 

5 hours ago, Pears said:

But then again, if we could get Sprong or Pouliot for Granlund I'd do that. 

No way in hell i would do that. Trade a young 19 goal scorer whose continually growing every area of his game. For a guy who has potential. Dont make sense in my eyes. 

5 hours ago, Pears said:

But then again, if we could get Sprong or Pouliot for Granlund I'd do that. 

Pouliot looks like a bust. They desperately needed him this year after Letang went down, and he still wasn't worth dressing most nights.

As much as Sprong has potential, that seems like kind of a lateral move to me. Especially since we need young centers too.

1 hour ago, D-Money said:

Pouliot looks like a bust. They desperately needed him this year after Letang went down, and he still wasn't worth dressing most nights.

As much as Sprong has potential, that seems like kind of a lateral move to me. Especially since we need young centers too.

Kid had almost 2 ppg, last season of jrs. Speedster too. 1 more yr of ELC(no waivers)..mighty tempting if they'd do it.

11 hours ago, KKnight said:

No way in hell i would do that. Trade a young 19 goal scorer whose continually growing every area of his game. For a guy who has potential. Dont make sense in my eyes. 

There is always the assumption that players progress on a linear curve.

Grablund was loved by the previous coaching staff and got additional opportunity due to a really crappy team (that often had Megna and Chaput playing too six minutes).

it is entirely conceivable that Granlund just had what will be the best season of his career or remain at that level as his peak.

I am in no rush to trade him, and Pouliot would not be enough return for sure... but the opportunity to extract value from him as an asset is perfectly reasonable. 

If we have guys perform through training camp and pre-season we need to find room for them without the need to waive a player that we then lose for nothing.

They should have gone for Marcus Kruger. He fits under their cap too.

Maybe they could put some pressure on Detroit to send Athanasiou their way. Devin Shore out of Dallas or Zack Smith from Ottawa would also be good fits with the team, but I'm just speculating at this point.

Just now, DrJockitch said:

Don't think they would have interest in Sutter, they had him, they know what he is and smartly got rid of him.  We would need to eat a lot of that terrible contract or give up assets to get rid of it.

Like Sutter.  I think the Pens want a cheaper option for sure - around 2 million, like Bonino was.  Granlund maybe?

Archived