The Official Site of the Vancouver Canucks
Canucks Community

[PTO] Ryan White with Canucks

28 minutes ago, stonecoldstevebernier said:

Not bad, don't expect him to make the team since it wouldn't make sense to keep him over a young guy. But if he has a strong showing in camp I'd be open to signing him to start in Utica, he'd be a solid fourth line fill-in given that our toughness/grit is somewhat lacking.

Somewhat?

13 fwd spots. Sedin Sedin horvat Erickson granlund baertschi sutter gagner boeser that's 9.

That leaves gaunce goldobin Burmistrov dahlen virtanen megna Chaput Molino Dorsett rodin boucher and now white all going after 4 spots. 12 guys. 4 spots. Add labate Maybe macewen More to come?  Lol. 

There's a point at which competition becomes mass confusion.  Are the coaching staff gonna see enough of each guy to make the right call?

Guess we'll see.

At the least, its an acknowledgement that we lack grit.

Don't know much about White except he was a pest for opposition in MTL. 

I'd take him over Weise, at least he knows his role. Weise IMO, is/was a bit conflicted about defining himself, which pushed him out of the league.

22 minutes ago, Virtanen#18 said:

Only if he was 6'3 and 230 lbs and can fight like Reaves, this thread would've been on fire!

Look at his numbers guys.... pretty decent for a 4th liner. He can play centre and wing, which is a tiny bit more versatile than Dorsett. 

Apparently pretty good at faceoffs as well.

5 minutes ago, Western Red said:

At the least, its an acknowledgement that we lack grit.

Don't know much about White except he was a pest for opposition in MTL. 

I'd take him over Weise, at least he knows his role. Weise IMO, is/was a bit conflicted about defining himself, which pushed him out of the league.

As far as i know, Weise plays for Philly. 

Just now, Western Red said:

Yes you're correct, he's with Philly 2 more years and making 4x league minimum. Guess he's more versatile than I gave him credit for. 

My comparison was poor.

In your defence he had an embarrasing season. If he doesnt pick it up this year, he'll be a buy out candidate. 

Just now, KKnight said:

In your defence he had an embarrasing season. If he doesnt pick it up this year, he'll be a buy out candidate. 

Fair enough. Philly may have a steal in Gostisbehere, but Voracek makes 10m this year! Sorry geeking out on nhlnumbers.com

Back on topic, White might get a 2 way for Utica, no problem there.

3 hours ago, goalie13 said:

I expected a few of these with the split-squad China games coming.  They need to have lots of bodies to fill both rosters.

With the Bo's and Beans, Bears, and Ben's going east these next few small deals will make sense. 

Also. Sometimes even a Jack Skille has a impressive nhl level game. Especially for a more than likely non playoff team. 

Btw absolutely no offense to Jack he had an awesome pre season game in Sannich. I watched that game, he stole the show. And good for him. But those kind of players are indicative of where or prospect pool and up and coming players are at. Other than Bo and Jake and Brock and also Demko our cuboards are full of light weight but talented guys. With folk such as Subban Breisbio( yeah I know) and even Virtanen falling into maybe categories. 

Petterson and Guadette and Gadjovich all look like gems and also the little dwarf scoring machine from Finland. But I remember Hunter looking small but decent upside. 

I know what I am saying may and probably get ripped apart but yes these guys are higher toughted players... But other than Petterson no guarantee s.... I have personal high regards for Gadjovich but hell who knows right.. 

Like Ryan Johnson said in their Grouse grind hike at the end said" very few of them will be canucks in the end" I just hope half or even 25% meet our exspextations. 

Only 4 or 5 of our guys/ prospects now will be a part of our next cup run core..

Que Metallica. 's echo fromthe Van show last week... Sad but true.... 

5 minutes ago, AlwaysACanuckFan said:

I dont mind this signing as he will be coming to camp and competing for a 4th line role, plus I like the grit factor he brings.

Just to be clear, no signing.   He isn't anything more than present at camp on a try out basis.   He has no other contract with Vancouver Canucks - no commitment whatsoever and can be asked to leave camp at any point during camp up until camp breaks or they choose to sign him.

Archived