The Official Site of the Vancouver Canucks
Canucks Community

[PTO] Ryan White with Canucks

6 hours ago, garthsbutcher said:

Lebate is one of the worst fighters I have ever seen, scares no one, creates no space, hes Utica fodder

Yeah way better to watch a worn out recycled one dimensional goon prust around for a pay check than a young guy who hits everything can skate and has something to prove. Same can be said about pedan.

labates size and speed do create space and opposition knows he'll be hitting since he's actually fast enough to forecheck.

Fear not thou I think you'll get your wish  benning has a thing for worn out players and has beens or never was type players. 

Maybe that's why the team has finished in the bottom 3 or 4 seasons. Which just happens to be what he seems considers a "competative" "winning environment" 

59 minutes ago, combover said:

Yeah way better to watch a worn out recycled one dimensional goon prust around for a pay check than a young guy who hits everything can skate and has something to prove. Same can be said about pedan.

labates size and speed do create space and opposition knows he'll be hitting since he's actually fast enough to forecheck.

Fear not thou I think you'll get your wish  benning has a thing for worn out players and has beens or never was type players. 

Maybe that's why the team has finished in the bottom 3 or 4 seasons. Which just happens to be what he seems considers a "competative" "winning environment" 

I'm guessing you're a Gaunce fan as well. Ps "prust around"?

18 hours ago, combover said:

Yeah way better to watch a worn out recycled one dimensional goon prust around for a pay check than a young guy who hits everything can skate and has something to prove.

Uh...Prust isn't with the Canucks anymore. He's on a PTO with the Kings.

Same can be said about pedan.

Pedan is faster, larger, and more aggressive than Labate. The fights that he had at the NHL level as a Canuck were fairly successful. Ask Jordan Nolan.

Such as?

The team has been transitioning from a core that had gone sour, and also had crap drafting courtesy of Gillis. Unless the team is Edmonton or Toronto, and gives the league brass reacharounds, transitions take time.

The winning environment statement has gotten long in the tooth, I agree, but the team seemed to lose the defeatist attitude that plagued them before, and showed very little "give-up" last season, regardless of the odds.

On 8/31/2017 at 7:20 PM, combover said:

Is this all while forgetting about the drug problem this "young guy who hits everything" had? Hindsight must be great to have while selectively ignoring one of the most important facts about that trade, huh?

We are literally talking about someone who almost had no more NHL career. Thankfully, he managed to turn things around and I think that's great; however, let's not forget the path he took to get to this point.

2 hours ago, The Lock said:

Is this all while forgetting about the drug problem this "young guy who hits everything" had? Hindsight must be great to have while selectively ignoring one of the most important facts about that trade, huh?

We are literally talking about someone who almost had no more NHL career. Thankfully, he managed to turn things around and I think that's great; however, let's not forget the path he took to get to this point.

Yeah, in a few more years he will obtain saint hood on these boards by some... 

He was likely never going to turn it around here...

Imagine the outrage if he then had brought all the problems with him to Utica to all our prospects... 

The boy was without doubt a huge fans favourite here, and it was sad it ended the way it did, but sending him to Utica would have been playing with fire.

And since he wasn't coming around despite the efforts made, there really was no option to management.

5 hours ago, The Lock said:

LOL.

I was taking about LEBATE as the young player  that white will bump as a fourth liner he LEBATE hits plays hard and has to prove something. Had you read the other half of the conversation you would have known that. 

The kassian AND a draft pick blunder  for prust has been discussed to death.

I would rather pay to see young hungry players 

pedan lebate subban who have been in the system paid there dues are hungry than recycled worn out players.

no reward system for any of the farm hands is the message no legit chance at a roster spot no "competition" 

wiercoat white vanek delzotto brumistrov don't sell hope of the future in fact they don't sell anything.

4 hours ago, combover said:

LOL.

I was taking about LEBATE as the young player  that white will bump as a fourth liner he LEBATE hits plays hard and has to prove something. Had you read the other half of the conversation you would have known that. 

pedan lebate subban who have been in the system paid there dues are hungry than recycled worn out players.

no reward system for any of the farm hands is the message no legit chance at a roster spot no "competition" 

wiercoat white vanek delzotto brumistrov don't sell hope of the future in fact they don't sell anything.

Ah I see, so the focus on that trade for you is on the FIFTH round draft pick. Not a 1st, not a 2nd, not even a 3rd of 4th, but a 5th! Oh well. I guess some people need straws to grasp as slippery as they may be. You didn't really specify that stuff in your post anyway, but hey, if you think we're all mind readers then to each their own.

As much as I question why Vanek was signed (I want to see our young players get a better chance too), I think your way of thinking is a little extreme in that regard. I'm more going to wait and see what happens at this point.

58 minutes ago, The Lock said:

Ah I see, so the focus on that trade for you is on the FIFTH round draft pick. Not a 1st, not a 2nd, not even a 3rd of 4th, but a 5th! Oh well. I guess some people need straws to grasp as slippery as they may be. You didn't really specify that stuff in your post anyway, but hey, if you think we're all mind readers then to each their own.

As much as I question why Vanek was signed (I want to see our young players get a better chance too), I think your way of thinking is a little extreme in that regard. I'm more going to wait and see what happens at this point.

No didn't  need hindsight, I like most who don't have the benning homervision on thought that deal was stupid then and looks even stupider now. A 5th you mean Kevin bieska or ben hutton or what benning got ZERO. They could have waived/  suspended  bought out kassian they choose to send him and a pick for id say a plug but plugs are more useful than what we got in return. 

I did specify had you read the conversation not a just the response. 

The curret roster has no future with the club aside from still unsigned Horvat. Does white really improve the team over lebate or Archie is vanek really that much of an improvement over boeser, wierdcoat that much better than pedan at sitting in the press box.

Just a taste of some youth that could be part of the future something to cheer for , I'm all for developing the kids but rewarding them is just as important. showing them they have no chance at a making a piss poor NHL team because the gm rather have 30+ Year old worn players playing garbage hockey  in front of a empty arena is better. 

sedins loui

bear Horvat vanek

gags sutter grand

gaunce brum dosett 

white

tanev edler

stet hutt

del gud 

wierdcoat 

two goalies 

one of biega Chaput Rodin megna Boucher pedan 

that just looks like someone threw something at the wall and came up with a 31st place team

nothing to be excited about or drop hundreds of dollars to go see. 

Insert boeser lebate pedan Boucher Rodin possibly gold virtanen and  subban hungry young and most have been pros for a few years who may or may not be better but atleast if nothing else it would be interesting to watch. 

Training camp will once again be the highlight of the season when guys out play and "earn" spots but then get shipped to the minors as those spots have already been gifted out. 

8 hours ago, combover said:

LOL.

LOL, Subban? How about he's just not very good in his own zone and unfortunately he's a D MAN!

8 hours ago, combover said:

No didn't  need hindsight, I like most who don't have the benning homervision on thought that deal was stupid then and looks even stupider now. A 5th you mean Kevin bieska or ben hutton or what benning got ZERO. They could have waived/  suspended  bought out kassian they choose to send him and a pick for id say a plug but plugs are more useful than what we got in return. 

I did specify had you read the conversation not a just the response. 

The curret roster has no future with the club aside from still unsigned Horvat. Does white really improve the team over lebate or Archie is vanek really that much of an improvement over boeser, wierdcoat that much better than pedan at sitting in the press box.

Just a taste of some youth that could be part of the future something to cheer for , I'm all for developing the kids but rewarding them is just as important. showing them they have no chance at a making a piss poor NHL team because the gm rather have 30+ Year old worn players playing garbage hockey  in front of a empty arena is better. 

sedins loui

bear Horvat vanek

gags sutter grand

gaunce brum dosett 

white

tanev edler

stet hutt

del gud 

wierdcoat 

two goalies 

one of biega Chaput Rodin megna Boucher pedan 

that just looks like someone threw something at the wall and came up with a 31st place team

nothing to be excited about or drop hundreds of dollars to go see. 

Insert boeser lebate pedan Boucher Rodin possibly gold virtanen and  subban hungry young and most have been pros for a few years who may or may not be better but atleast if nothing else it would be interesting to watch. 

Training camp will once again be the highlight of the season when guys out play and "earn" spots but then get shipped to the minors as those spots have already been gifted out. 

You keep telling yourself that (Referring to your first sentence). There's seems to be such a thing on these boards at the opposite of "homerism" where people are just as silly. Same sort of denial, just on the opposite side. Oh well....

Anyway, if you need over 10 years of 5th round draft picks to come up with 2 that worked for us in the 5th round that doesn't really help you out much. Let's just whine about not having that 20% chance of a prospect panning out in the 5th round because we apparently have nothing better to argue about? Using selective information like you do only gets you so far in a conversation.

You seem to want prospects to just be granted spots whether they help us or not and I question whether or not you've even seen these prospects in action to come up with this conclusion of yours. I'd rather they deserve that spot (albeit with a little less competition than what we have at the moment). In the meantime, I'll just sit on the fence and watch how the plot unfolds.

I feel ryan white will make 4th line and will be a good bang and crash type player ...he has alot of grit and he feels he can still be a NHL player...so hopefully he does well, and earns a spot, as i feel he make a great 4th liner

I personally like him more than dorsett 

But if white doesn't make it, and if white is willing, id put him in utica, and if and when dorsett gets hurt, he be the perfect replacemnt for dorsett ..but we do need a good grit 4th line ....

1-3 is our scoring lines, and 4th being crash and bang line etc etc

• 2 months later...
1 hour ago, Odjick_fan said:

i wonder if White would be a good interim filler for Dors

what y'all think

That's an interesting thought. Looks like he is in the AHL on a minor league deal, I don't know if he can get out of that or not but teams do seem to sometimes buy those deals out to sign the player.

He was a guy that really didn't seem to get a very good look in preseason, he barely played so if it was possible to sign him, I don't know how well he would fit.

39 minutes ago, GarthButcher5 said:

That's an interesting thought. Looks like he is in the AHL on a minor league deal, I don't know if he can get out of that or not but teams do seem to sometimes buy those deals out to sign the player.

He was a guy that really didn't seem to get a very good look in preseason, he barely played so if it was possible to sign him, I don't know how well he would fit.

I def would look at White if he is fully recovered or I would even take a shot at Tanner Glass

Archived