The Official Site of the Vancouver Canucks
Canucks Community

[Discussion] David Pastrnak

Pears

As we move into the last few days of summer, there are still a few notable RFAs still unsigned, including our own Bo Horvat. The other two are Detroit's Andreas Athanasiou, who is rumoured to be looking at KHL offers, and Boston's David Pastrnak. So i was hoping to start a discussion on what it would take to acquire Pastrnak via trade. We won't have the cap space to sign him without moving a roster player or two, so one would have to be inlcuded in a possible deal. What does everyone think, realistically, it would take to get him away from Boston?

Just now, Pears said:

As we move into the last few days of summer, there are still a few notable RFAs still unsigned, including our own Bo Horvat. The other two are Detroit's Andreas Athanasiou, who is rumoured to be looking at KHL offers, and Boston's David Pastrnak. So i was hoping to start a discussion on what it would take to acquire Pastrnak via trade. We won't have the cap space to sign him without moving a roster player or two, so one would have to be inlcuded in a possible deal. What does everyone think, realistically, it would take to get him away from Boston?

Could any trade for Pastrnak start with Loui Errikson?  

Trading any of our top prospects is not a smart move.

5 minutes ago, Alflives said:

That would be a non-starter from the Bruins pov. If you want Pastrnak you will have to lay all your chips on the table. 

1 minute ago, Toews said:

That would be a non-starter from the Bruins pov. If you want Pastrnak you will have to lay all your chips on the table. 

I know.  Just wishful thinking.  Really don't want to give up a top prospect (or two) plus picks for Pastrnak.  

How strongly does this franchise believe in DiPietro?

This may not be popular around here,  but I'd bet Boston looks VERY closely at a Demko/Pasternak deal with some other possible moving parts thrown in.  

You got to give to get & there's no doubt Demko is pretty familiar to Boston. 

How much value do we place on scoring vs goaltending? 

I'm not saying we do this but I bet any conversation b/t JB and Sweeny regarding DP includes Demko's name. 

7 minutes ago, Fanuck said:

This may not be popular around here,  but I'd bet Boston looks VERY closely at a Demko/Pasternak deal with some other possible moving parts thrown in.  

I'm not saying we do this but I bet any conversation b/t JB and Sweeny regarding DP includes Demko's name. 

That would be a difficult decision to part with that asset  (Demko), but you're probably right, any discussion with Boston regarding Pasternak is going to likely include either Demko,  Boeser,  or OJ - additionally we'd likely have to throw in on top of that because Pasternak is already somewhat proven while our assets aren't. 

16 minutes ago, Fanuck said:

It's highly unlikely we move Demko. Also take into consideration they still have Rask and Subban coming up. If they didn't have Rask I would at least consider it but right now I don't see the point in trading Demko, he's arguably the best goalie prospect we've ever had. I think Boston could be interested in Tanev++ though. 

27 minutes ago, Alflives said:

I think a trade starting with Eriksson is a good idea, there were some players in the Bruins lineup that were really upset when he wasn't resigned, it would also clear up cap space for Pastrnak.

Maybe Eriksson and a 2019/20 1st round pick ? 

1 minute ago, canuckmen84 said:

I think a trade starting with Eriksson is a good idea, there were some players in the Bruins lineup that were really upset when he wasn't resigned, it would also clear up cap space for Pastrnak.

Maybe Eriksson and a 2019/20 1st round pick ? 

Is Boston still in win now mode?  I wouldn't give up our first, but expect Boston would expect it.

2 hours ago, Alflives said:

Is Boston still in win now mode?  I wouldn't give up our first, but expect Boston would expect it.

I think Boston thinks their in a win now mode.

I could live with giving up our 2020 pick if it meant gaining a star on the rise, It Would speed up the rebuild. I don't like giving up draft picks but Boston would expect it like you mentioned. 

You would be crazy to not move anyone inside the organization beside Horvat for Pastrnak.

He scored 34 goals as a 20 y/o. One of the elite young players in the NHL, with the potential to become a franchise winger. 

The Canucks need a player like that.

1 hour ago, canuckmen84 said:

I think Boston thinks their in a win now mode.

I could live with giving up our 2020 pick if it meant gaining a star on the rise, It Would speed up the rebuild. I don't like giving up draft picks but Boston would expect it like you mentioned. 

Tanev, Baertschi, Subban, and our 2019 1st round pick. Would that do it?

14 hours ago, Pears said:

It's highly unlikely we move Demko. Also take into consideration they still have Rask and Subban coming up. If they didn't have Rask I would at least consider it but right now I don't see the point in trading Demko, he's arguably the best goalie prospect we've ever had. I think Boston could be interested in Tanev++ though. 

Better than Schneider?  Wow that would be great for us.  Demko and Boeser is probably what it would take.  Pass anyways, I'm not a fan of little guys that can score unless they come with the body like St.Louis or the heart like Fluery.

• -SN- changed the title to [Discussion] David Pastrnak

Archived