The Official Site of the Vancouver Canucks
Canucks Community

Canucks crowded forward group.

Adarsh Sant

3 hours ago, Solinar said:

Play the kids and get rid of the vets.   Sign vets to short term deals and flip them at the deadline for more kids.....  It seems no matter what you do, everyone is angry.  I personally kind of like what we're doing, and the kids are going to have to blow the doors off to get into the line up.   Let them marinate in the minors, gel together, avoid the tire fire that is the main club.  Petterson will get here in a couple of years, and the whole team will suddenly look amazing.

That's the idea.  Vanek can be traded as a rental for a decent draft pick, maybe even a very good one of he scores over fifty which isn't ridiculous.   Could be a top scorer on the team for two million, plus give us a first or second rounder at the deadline...same with Gagne eventually..

I think at this point it is clear that Linden and Benning want to keep the kids away from the big club this year and challenge for a Calder cup so forget speculating the Canucks lineup but drool about the Comets!  

Boeser Dahlen Goldobin

Virtanen Cassels Boucher

Molino Macewen Megna

That top line could get 150-200 points

6 hours ago, Adarsh Sant said:

So. Canucks have quite a few forwards after the offseason. I'll keep it short. Who makes the team?

Sedin, Sedin, Loui, Sutter, Bo, Baer, Vanek, Gagner, Granlund = 9 players. None of these guys will play in Utica. 

That leaves.....

Boeser, Gaunce, Goldobin, Rodin, Burmistrov, Dorsett, Virtanen to battle for 3 spots. Throw Megna and Chaput in there too if you want lol.

So, who makes it? Take into consideration Canucks probably don't want young guys on 4th line.

You forgot Reid Boucher, and maybe Dahlen.

3 hours ago, Pete M said:

They need to play the kids...last two years, they've played the vets more than the kids...and it got them 2nd and 3rd to last place...shortening the bench in the third only to blow the lead by playing the vets and benching the kids....wasn't anyone paying attention?

I was.  Once Burrows and Hansen were gone the team took a nosedive.  We can hope all we want that the kids will step right in and be successful, but the reality is none of them are superstars and only those types do much their first couple years.  Boeser wasn't rushed so is ready, the rest are questionable or too young.  Next year they will have played most of their time playing top minutes together in Utica aside from injury replacements.  And hopefully two or three are traded for more picks and another guy or two is in Boeser like shoes and ready to make the team.  Eventually the flood gates will open, possibly soon, and I hope they have a groove on from developing together in Utica before they do.

Maybe the Canucks can work on a more offensive 4 lines than the traditional way of thinking....just dreaming here....

Sven/Bo/Brock---->we're all hoping to see this opening night

Daniel/Hank/Vanek---->Vanek's being brought in to score obviously, this would make sense to start

Eriksson/Sutter/Granny---->good mix of skill and two way play

Goldy/Gagner/JV---->good mix of speed and skill. Pipe dream, but thought this could make for an interesting combination 

Haven't played NHL in a few years, but this would definitely work on my Playstation, lol.::D

6 hours ago, Adarsh Sant said:

So. Canucks have quite a few forwards after the offseason. I'll keep it short. Who makes the team?

Sedin, Sedin, Loui, Sutter, Bo, Baer, Vanek, Gagner, Granlund = 9 players. None of these guys will play in Utica. 

That leaves.....

Boeser, Gaunce, Goldobin, Rodin, Burmistrov, Dorsett, Virtanen to battle for 3 spots. Throw Megna and Chaput in there too if you want lol.

So, who makes it? Take into consideration Canucks probably don't want young guys on 4th line.

I won't argue with the first 9. 

C battle: Gaunce may start the year on a rehab stint, I'd be surprised if he didn't. So that leaves a battle between Burmistrov and Chaput for 4C, and Burmistrov wins on skill. 

It would be a shame if Boeser didn't make the team, and I think he'll rip up camp so he's a lock.

So unless Dorsett is still hurt, I think Goldy, and Jake are Utica bound. 

Rodin and White are going to fight out the 13th F spot. 

Just now, S'all Good Man said:

I won't argue with the first 9. 

C battle: Gaunce may start the year on a rehab stint, I'd be surprised if he didn't. So that leaves a battle between Burmistrov and Chaput for 4C, and Burmistrov wins on skill. 

It would be a shame if Boeser didn't make the team, and I think he'll rip up camp so he's a lock.

So unless Dorsett is still hurt, I think Goldy, and Jake are Utica bound. 

Rodin and White are going to fight out the 13th F spot. 

Dorsett is ready to go.

5 minutes ago, canucklehead80 said:

Maybe the Canucks can work on a more offensive 4 lines than the traditional way of thinking....just dreaming here....

Sven/Bo/Brock---->we're all hoping to see this opening night

Daniel/Hank/Vanek---->Vanek's being brought in to score obviously, this would make sense to start

Eriksson/Sutter/Granny---->good mix of skill and two way play

Goldy/Gagner/JV---->good mix of speed and skill. Pipe dream, but thought this could make for an interesting combination 

Haven't played NHL in a few years, but this would definitely work on my Playstation, lol.::D

Wouldn't mind switching Danny & Loui at times.

7 hours ago, Adarsh Sant said:

That leaves.....

Boeser, Goldy, Virt, Dahlen, Megna and Chaput all down to Utica 

To start the season (barring injury)

Baertschi-Horvat-Eriksson

Sedin-Sedin-Boeser

Gagner-Sutter-Vanek

Granlund-Burmistrov-Rodin

Boucher-Dorsett

Goldobin and Virtanen get stints as injury call ups.

Green will try to roll four decent lines for an up tempo game.  Boeser will get a chance to see what he can do.

3 minutes ago, Provost said:

To start the season (barring injury)

Baertschi-Horvat-Eriksson

Sedin-Sedin-Boeser

Gagner-Sutter-Vanek

Granlund-Burmistrov-Rodin

Boucher-Dorsett

Goldobin and Virtanen get stints as injury call ups.

Green will try to roll four decent lines for an up tempo game.  Boeser will get a chance to see what he can do.

I'd be happy to see that, I'm really hoping to see Bo and Loui get a chance to play together. 

Lets talk a little reality here and not get to excite....

We will start the season with a veteran laden team.........

Pretty much the same as our 15-16 season.......3rd from the last....and 75 points

Now any way you slice it, the league has gotton faster

And we have a most veteran club again

Who should look pretty close to this

Forwards                                                          Defense                                                        Goalie

Daniel        Henrik       Vanek                                   Edler              Tanev                                                Markstrom

Baer           Horvat      Broeser                                 Hutton            Stetcher                                             Nielsen

Granlund    Sutter      Erickspon                              Del Zotto         Gudbranson

Gaunce      Gagner   Dorsett                                       Biega              Wiercoch

So if Broeser. Joulevi, McEwen, McEney, Subban................stick, this make Jimbo to have to pick up the phene and sart moving

I say as the contract show......Sutter, Edler, Vanek at more at the TDL, possible Pedan and Subban

We will see!

Archived