The Official Site of the Vancouver Canucks
Canucks Community

Sam Gagner | C/W

-AJ-

On 10/9/2018 at 9:42 AM, Whorvat said:

One question, why have the Comets fans been so bitter about this?

Its Sam freakin' Gagner.

He is not going to make, or break anyones career. 

Also, this 'dim jim' rhetoric makes y'all look salty as f. Over a non issue none the less.

Thank you. I have a few people who hate me on this site. Thought I would start fresh with a new account. But after 2 days. I had to comment and bring up previous convos on my old account.

These people who are upsetJusthate JB. even the guy who lives in Utica. Says we should have Gaunce whi\o is over a PPG down there and Gaudette, Should all play less to allow a guy  JB has no intention of using. 

They make silly comments that the AHLis not for all intents and purposes a Developmental League. Of course, it's a tough league. doesn't change what it was set up to do. Also, Gags is not eligible to play any games against the Comets. and with the call-up of Gaudette. IfdMcewen, I think that's his name. Who now gets bumped up[ a spot isn't cutting it. We can always take Gags back.

Very good post. Nice to see that dim Jimnamebothers more than just me  CHEERS

11 hours ago, UticaHockey said:

I wasn't going to comment on this thread because by now it is just beating on a dead horse but one more summary comment.

• Last night the Canucks lost two centers which will certainly trickle down to Utica.
  • Laurence Gilman was quoted that the agreement they have with Vancouver is that the Marlies are the only AHL team that Gagner will play for.
  • Gagner was playing on the wing for the Marlies but played center against the Comets yesterday.
  • The rationalization that the goodwill that Benning gained from players and agents around the league by letting Gagner play in Toronto was negated by the reports that Gagner wasn't even spoken to by Benning and was told of the demotion by his agent.

So in Utica we will see a lot more of Woods, Darcy and eventually Wacey Hamilton down the middle.

So after deciding you weren't going to comment on it any further as it would be beating a dead horse, you decide to comment twice :lol:

Y'all not salty at all. Not one bit.

Face it, Utica is a feeder team for Vancouver. Whatever Vancouver decides to do with its personnel is its own business, if you aren't a fan of that philosophy I suggest you find an NHL team to cheer for, so that you won't run into the same problem again.

11 hours ago, Whorvat said:

So after deciding you weren't going to comment on it any further as it would be beating a dead horse, you decide to comment twice :lol:

Y'all not salty at all. Not one bit.

Face it, Utica is a feeder team for Vancouver. Whatever Vancouver decides to do with its personnel is its own business, if you aren't a fan of that philosophy I suggest you find an NHL team to cheer for, so that you won't run into the same problem again.

Wow, every comment I read of yours is dead on. I wish more fans like you would sign up.  When you have double the likes than posts. you know your points are agreed by most people.  BTW The Utica fan is mad cuz he has season tix,  he knows our best prospects will see a  lot of time in Van. He knows with Gags even though it bumps our future guys down. He will get to see a guy prolly tear up the league. Wait till the Comets Leave for the west coast. Closer. Less games=more practice time.  He"s really gonna lose it.

17 hours ago, UticaHockey said:

Where he is currently being utilized in the line up.

That’s one crappy looking team.  Gagner is the best if the lot, by far, and he’s no longer a viable NHL player.  I’m glad he’s not on your team.  He’s bad news right now.  You don’t want him, and his nasty attitude.

10 hours ago, Alflives said:

That’s one crappy looking team.  Gagner is the best if the lot, by far, and he’s no longer a viable NHL player.  I’m glad he’s not on your team.  He’s bad news right now.  You don’t want him, and his nasty attitude.

Lol... The Marlies have about 7 guys injured..... For what it's worth that marlies roster posted above actually looks better than the comets roster the last two seasons.  Regardless of Gagner, the Canucks once again leave the Comets short handed at Center whom basically is the guy you need to develop young wingers. 

I have now idea how anyone on this board would have any idea of Gagners mood or attitude. But using that as the main argument to get him out of the organization is laughable........ 

Biega should  be a big help on the back end. With Gaudette gone for a good stretch and maybe for good, the Comets will need to tighten up the defensive end as scoring may be tough to come by.....

2 hours ago, Connor comet said:

Lol... The Marlies have about 7 guys injured..... For what it's worth that marlies roster posted above actually looks better than the comets roster the last two seasons.  Regardless of Gagner, the Canucks once again leave the Comets short handed at Center whom basically is the guy you need to develop young wingers. 

I have now idea how anyone on this board would have any idea of Gagners mood or attitude. But using that as the main argument to get him out of the organization is laughable........ 

Biega should  be a big help on the back end. With Gaudette gone for a good stretch and maybe for good, the Comets will need to tighten up the defensive end as scoring may be tough to come by.....

Sounds like you’re a Comets fan, but (maybe?) not a Canuck’s fan.  Your guys easily handled the Marlins in back to back games, and that’s good.  Gagme said some nasty things recently about our organization.  It’s best he plays elsewhere.  

On 10/17/2018 at 2:18 AM, N7Nucks said:

Boston is apparently looking for a “veteran forward”, maybe they like Mr Likable enough to take him off our hands.

We want Boston Baked Beans, Boston Cream Pie and an audio recording of two southies telling us where to "pahk the cah" 

• 4 weeks later...
20 minutes ago, aGENT said:

Didn't think we'd see that. Hopefully he's got a thermonuclear reactor lit under his arse to attempt to stay in the nhl and performs...so we can actually manage to trade him for something. 

If he does well they are not going to trade him.  They want to win.

Jeff Jackson (Gagner’s agent) on Sam Gagner:

“Although he was disappointed out of camp, he was going to go to Toronto and work on his game and wait for an opportunity. He is extremely excited to be back up and has made good strides down in Toronto.”

"Personally my view doesn't really matter but Sam shouldn't have left the team in the fall, he was good enough to make that team, personally that’s my opinion. End of the day Sam is there and hopefully there till the end of the season."

“Things change in the NHL week to week and when Sam signed in Vancouver we felt it was the best fit. Strange things happen but Sams approach is stay up and make an impact.”

"The media speculation in the Vancouver market that the Canucks⁠⁠ and Sam were done, I think that was totally over-blown. That was never the case, that tweet wasn't right that neither party had moved on. Sam is excited to be back."

"Sam has great vision and skill still, he can help with the powerplay, he will produce. If Sam plays with offensive-minded players like he did last year, with the Sedin twins, Vanek and Boeser, he can produce but that is up to Travis."

2 hours ago, -Vintage Canuck- said:

Jeff Jackson (Gagner’s agent) on Sam Gagner:

"Personally my view doesn't really matter but Sam shouldn't have left the team in the fall, he was good enough to make that team, personally that’s my opinion. End of the day Sam is there and hopefully there till the end of the 

Such an ugly thing to say...

17 minutes ago, Dats hockey said:

Such an ugly thing to say...

The agent is wrong, Sam gave zero effort all pre season (and most of last year) thought he was an automatic to make the team. Maybe this has opened his eyes and he will be less entitled and actually put some effort into the games....

Archived