The Official Site of the Vancouver Canucks
Canucks Community

Sam Gagner | C/W

-AJ-

4 hours ago, Bitter Melon said:

He was one of the best players on the ice against Edmonton. He consistently hustled, showed strong defensive awareness, backchecked hard, forechecked hard, was overall a noticeable player on the ice. He hasn't been as noticeable these past couple games but neither has the rest of the team.

Maybe that was a case of wanting to show his former team that he still has something. 

2 hours ago, 6string said:

Interviews aside, put Granlund back with the Sedins and there's the problem - where d'ya put Vanek?

baer bo vanek

bo ans baer drive the play vanek gets rebounds after they fly by the net with their blazing speed.

3 hours ago, 6string said:

What would be the teams expectations from Erikkson, Vanek and Gagner in goal production I wonder?

At this rate 45 goals between them would be a tall order!

I'm guessing we're going to get about a dozen goals from each of them.

9 hours ago, Bavel_Pure said:

I'm thinking Vanek will prove beneficial on the power play, eventually.  Pretty much given up on Eriksson as well.  Perhaps we could package these guys up and get a legitimate starting goalie.  As much as I like him as a person, Markstrom is demonstrating that he can't stop pucks.

As of now the price to get a team to take on Erikssons bloated contract would be high. Maybe Vegas would take him ad they have 29 mill in UFA's and 4 in space... we'd likely have to take on a bad contract from them though

Nobody is going to take our spare parts and bad contracts for a starting goalie. I'm not sure Eriksson and a 3rd would even get an injured Clarkson 

8 hours ago, Alflives said:

It's these types of signings ( soft, old, and non compete guys) that are keeping fans away.  Yes, we want to see our younger player.   

Sorry Alf, but our other youngsters would be getting demolished so badly in the NHL that they would fizzle out and never have a chance of developing into a real NHL player.  

Just now, VancouverHabitant said:

Sorry Alf, but our other youngsters would be getting demolished so badly in the NHL that they would fizzle out and never have a chance of developing into a real NHL player.  

Then we need more, and better young guys.  There are a lot of young players making impact on NHL teams, seemingly more than ever before.  Where are the JB draft picks?  

26 minutes ago, VancouverHabitant said:

I don't see Archie getting demolished by anyone.

1 minute ago, 10pavelbure96 said:

I'm as disgruntled as the next fan, but we are 4 games in....

The Sedins being slow is nothing surprising, let's be real here, but everything else needs time to gel, we need to be more patient.

You need more gruntle.

6 minutes ago, Baggins said:

At 27 Archie isn't a youngster and I don't see as ever being more than a fringe NHL'er.

I see him as a solid 4th line hitter. We're playing so soft his hitting would energize our attack. Heck even Biega's hitting would help.

Archived