The Official Site of the Vancouver Canucks
Canucks Community

Sam Gagner | C/W

-AJ-

6 hours ago, 5Fivehole0 said:

I thought Gagner was working really hard and playing pretty well when he got sent back down to the A.

7 hours ago, RetroCanuck said:

The only reason I could see bringing up Gagner over the guys DeNiro mentioned would be to audition him and hopefully increase his trade value at the deadline. Or at least get his value up to the point where you can trade him with money retained.

Hard contract to move though considering it has another year on it.

9 hours ago, DeNiro said:

I'd like to see them try one of Gaudette, MacEwan, or Dahlen with Horvat before they give Gagner another go. I think that ship has sailed.

Dahlens probably not ready to play just yet. Gaudette is a center, and MacEwan id like to see too. But i dont mind Gaudette & MacEwan staying down & continuing to play well ATM. I also think Green wont have alot of trust in staying with the rookies while we are in this race.  (Side note; I bet Gaudette & McEwan will both be up here b4 the season ends) 

We are paying Gagner. The contracts not going anywhere. He was a decent secondary scorer in his brief callup. Rather than seeing schaller & granlund with horvat. Or granlund & eriksson on the PP. Why not try to have a 2nd offensive line? Why not try to help the 2nd PP?  I dont get it.

Edit: i know its gotten really bad when im clamouring for Gagner....

4 minutes ago, Smashian Kassian said:

Dahlens probably not ready to play just yet. Gaudette is a center, and MacEwan id like to see too. But i dont mind Gaudette & MacEwan staying down & continuing to play well ATM. I also think Green wont have alot of trust in staying with the rookies while we are in this race.  (Side note; I bet Gaudette & McEwan will both be up here b4 the season ends) 

We are paying Gagner. The contracts not going anywhere. He was a decent secondary scorer in his brief callup. Rather than seeing schaller & granlund with horvat. Or granlund & eriksson on the PP. Why not try to have a 2nd offensive line? Why not try to help the 2nd PP?  I dont get it.

Edit: i know its gotten really bad when im clamouring for Gagner....

Something is clearly “off” with Gagner.  Maybe it’s his relationship with Green, or the young core. I don’t know.  But something is clearly wrong.  It’s more than just his on ice play.  

The closer we get to the trade deadline, the more chance the Canucks can offload Gagner.

Salary considerations are are a little less with most of the season gone.

However, the real problem the signing team is stuck with a $3 Million + salary to pay in 2019/2020... unless the Canucks agree to eat part of the contract.

Personally I think since the Canucks will be paying the bill anyway, any kind of deal would be worthwhile, even if they eat 2 million of the last year's contract.

Other teams would probably consider him a reasonable pickup at $1 million per.

And maybe the Canucks could pick up a minor league player for Utica.

52 minutes ago, *Buzzsaw* said:

The closer we get to the trade deadline, the more chance the Canucks can offload Gagner.

However, the real problem the signing team is stuck with a $3 Million + salary to pay in 2019/2020... unless the Canucks agree to eat part of the contract.

Personally I think since the Canucks will be paying the bill anyway, any kind of deal would be worthwhile, even if they eat 2 million of the last year's contract.

I'd prefer a pick tbh

1 hour ago, *Buzzsaw* said:

For some reason I thought teams could only pay 50%, but I could be wrong.

16 hours ago, *Buzzsaw* said:

Stawns was making a case that it does not really matter what the Canucks pay Ericksson or Gagner as the Canucks are well below the CAP. My argument against that is the opportunity Benning has to take CAP back on deals that could include a prospect in return. IMHO one of the Benning's biggest challenges is converting vets to future assets. The opportunity to sign college players and UFA's will get easier as players look at what Van is building and want to join. John Taveres comment about not regretting leaving the NYI for TO because of what he saw in TO really resonates.  

29 minutes ago, Boudrias said:

Stawns was making a case that it does not really matter what the Canucks pay Ericksson or Gagner as the Canucks are well below the CAP. My argument against that is the opportunity Benning has to take CAP back on deals that could include a prospect in return. IMHO one of the Benning's biggest challenges is converting vets to future assets. The opportunity to sign college players and UFA's will get easier as players look at what Van is building and want to join. John Taveres comment about not regretting leaving the NYI for TO because of what he saw in TO really resonates.  

But we also have cap space to do that as well. That and we haven't really seen a history of Benning making that sort of move anyway.

Sam Gagner exits the organization 192nd in all-time Canuck scoring

184.  Cody Hodgson C 71 17 18 35
189.  Al MacAdam LW 80 14 20 34
192.  Sam Gagner C 81 11 23 34
192.  Vladimir Krutov LW 61 11 23 34

17 minutes ago, Wilbur said:

Sam Gagner exits the organization 192nd in all-time Canuck scoring

184.  Cody Hodgson C 71 17 18 35
189.  Al MacAdam LW 80 14 20 34
192.  Sam Gagner C 81 11 23 34
192.  Vladimir Krutov LW 61 11 23 34

Tied with Krutov?! Wowzers, I’ll have fries with that!

Archived