The Official Site of the Vancouver Canucks
Canucks Community

Sam Gagner | C/W

-AJ-

1 hour ago, Bang Bang Boogie said:

Rob is a childish poster.  I downvoted one of his posts and he went through and downvoted a whole bunch of my posts in threads that are no longer relevant (old GDTs, which is where I usually limit my posts to).  Check it out for yourself :lol:

Yes, I am very childish as I stand up to people who do silly things.   Yup, that's me.   I know you are likely not used to people standing up to your silly actions, well get used to it!

Cheers.   :)

Still not a fan, we need a big body bruiser to skate hard into the boards and win puck battles. We already have Vanek, Ericksson, and the Sedins to take up the playmaking. We need to add Labate into the mix. Or put Biega on the 4th, shift players around to add energy and mustard to our forward group.

We already have too many project forwards trying to find their scoring touch. I think Gagners done. The one goal was a fluke he'll disappear again like these other middling forwards. The math is wrong. We need physical forwards that help get us more takeaways. 

4 hours ago, Junkyard Dog said:

Classy dude. Someone, I am comfortable with him being around our young players. 

Now if he could consistently contribute offensively I would like him more

100% - but sometimes, things are just more important than hockey and given the Canucks were never going anywhere this season (and the injuries were there to drive that home), what a great guy to have around kids like Boeser, Granlund, Virtanen, etc. etc. etc. From my own experience, if you have dbags on your team you don't play as hard for them - it isn't on purpose, it just happens.   If you have people on your team you respect and look up to as role models, you will walk over hot coals and back again for them.

11 hours ago, -Vintage Canuck- said:

He does so much off-ice for the community, it's too bad he gets a lot of hate because of his on-ice play. This was recently posted:

Which isn't as bad as people tend to wine about either. 

Good guy and solid veteran depth that can play all the forward positions, on any line. 

Good game by Gagner today, besides him taking Boeser PP time :P, I was happy with his game. Looks like he built some chemistry, hopefully he can keep it that way untill Bo comes back! put up a bunch of points as well. 

On 12/23/2017 at 8:51 PM, J-23 said:

I also never read the description of this, hopefully Gagner gets in touch with those fans.

39 minutes ago, J-23 said:

Good game by Gagner today, besides him taking Boeser PP time :P, I was happy with his game. Looks like he built some chemistry, hopefully he can keep it that way untill Bo comes back! put up a bunch of points as well. 

I also never read the description of this, hopefully Gagner gets in touch with those fans.

Apparently the Canucks managed to find them. Hopefully we'll hear something of it in the future!

On 2017-12-28 at 10:23 PM, -AJ- said:

Apparently the Canucks managed to find them. Hopefully we'll hear something of it in the future!

I saw on Canuck snapchat, Gagner was showing them around the lockeroom and stuff. They got to meet Henrik, Edlers, Daniel etc., he saw where they trained etc. Also got signed stuff.

• 5 weeks later...
5 minutes ago, PhillipBlunt said:

Any word on Gagner's status? He was playing with some real fire yesterday. Sucks to see him get injured while playing his guts out.

That being said, if he is injured for any length of time, I'd like to propose that Archibald get a call up.

Did we sign Archie?

6 minutes ago, PhillipBlunt said:

Any word on Gagner's status? He was playing with some real fire yesterday. Sucks to see him get injured while playing his guts out.

That being said, if he is injured for any length of time, I'd like to propose that Archibald get a call up.

Archie's not under NHL contract, so we'd have to sign him first.

Archived