The Official Site of the Vancouver Canucks
Canucks Community

[Proposal] Van- Carolina Proposal

I wonder why Bean went from 24 goals to 8 goals in his draft +1 year. I would suspect it has to do with injury, learning different aspects of the game, team mates, etc.

Nonetheless, I like Bean but as Silky Mitts has said, two proven NHL players for one prospect is too much.

This guy is hardly a guarantee to be anything more than what we already have in Hutton. If anything it'd involve a deal for one of our young unproven players for him. To be honest I can't think of us having one in the realm of Bean. Jake maybe? Can't imagine he has a lot of value though. Goldobin maybe? Not even entirely sure what Carolina would want kind of just spit balling based on what I perceive as fair value. I don't see how two NHLers that are young, equal a guy that might not even be better than one of the guys we are sending them let alone both.

I am a Canes fan and I would LOVE this trade from their perspective as we (Canes) are loaded with young D prospects and Bean is still quite a project and not sure if he is going to be a stud or not as lots more question marks than answers.   Hutton offers equal skill set NOW for Canes and throwing in a 20 goal scoring former higher first round pick - wow, cool stuff.    

Archived