The Official Site of the Vancouver Canucks
Canucks Community

[Discussion] Are you ok with trading veterans for picks?

J.I.A.H.N

On 9/5/2017 at 7:50 AM, PlanB said:

Every GM/coach in the league talks about culture or inferences it in some way - accept it, it's a thing.  If you accept culture can lose games then you must accept that it can win games also. 

CBJ is a perfect example of a place where culture is being built without any elite/generational talent - yes they have a couple very good players but no one could argue they have generational talent on the team.  DAL would be an example of the opposite - with their talent - goaltending notwithstanding - they should not have missed the playoffs and were trending down as far as team culture went.   

Culture in team sports - it's a 'thing'.

Culture is the way people interact with each other; their attitudes about professionalism; how they treat other people; how they care about the job that they do.  I could go on.

We find culture in different cities, in different parts of town, in different companies etc

Ever wonder why you fit in with one group and not so much with another?  What looks like the perfect job in a posting turns out not so good in the interview or a long shot for a job turns out to be a great fit?

I visit a lot of companies through my work and you want to believe, I can tell right away if the culture is productive or destructive.  Good culture, like good management starts at the top.

Culture is very much a learned thing.  In many respects, it has a lot to do with how you're raised.

• -SN- changed the title to [Discussion] Are you ok with trading veterans for picks?

Edler is like the twins and will not be traded as of yet

but yes a couple of them say maybe for a younger coming up player for next year plus a pick I would do it

think this is why we signed vets to unload at TDL which I am a big fan of

as we have seen it takes years to develop players and we had little to none, but now we have some so keep them coming

Archived