The Official Site of the Vancouver Canucks
Canucks Community

Madden 18

NucksPatsFan

Thought the Longshot story was really well done, quite in depth, and kind of awesome that there can be so many different endings based on how you handle yourself throughout the story.

However, I hate that you can't continue after the ending in a Be a Pro style mode or anything. I know you can play as "A Player" in Franchise mode and have Wade as your QB, or you get Wade in MUT, but it's not the same as continuing with him to where he got drafted or didn't get drafted, etc.

Aside from the Longshot mode, which I probably wont touch especially after what you just described about not being able to continue, it's more or less the same game as last year.  Not complaining as I still bought it, I like the improved ticker for franchise mode.   Also like the fact they have community rosters for downloads as well.  Time to take the Raiders to the promise land, after my new stadium is completed of course. 

The AI kicking is atrocious lol.  They don't hit anything whether it's PATs or FG's.  I made a TE and I guess I have to block on PAT's and every time the kicker just shanks it, it's not even close.  Also way too many fumbles, even if you adjust the sliders. 

Anywho I went thru all the coaches, Sean Payton gives xp boosts to WR, TE, and QB's, The Charger coach is the only coach to give xp bonus to RB's.  So it might be a good idea to either play for those teams if you want to play one of those positions in franchise mode.  The XP bonus is huge, I usually start as an owner and fire my staff and replace them with a coach that has a xp bonus.

• 1 month later...

The only difference in this game is the physics engine, and that doesn't add nearly as much to the game as you would think it would.  Very disappointed.

Longshot mode was basically just a tell-tale game style gimmick.  You get to throw what, like 20 normal passes the entire story?  Not done nearly as well as FIFAs story mode was.

Me personally I don't care about story modes in sports games now, unless you can totally customize the character you are playing.  I rather they just focus on game mechanics.  This is a EA title after all so I wouldn't hold my breath for sweeping changes year after year but Madden did offer a lot of improvement from last year.  The in game ticker in franchise mode is actually accurate this year, if they said Brady has passed for 2 td in the half of a Pats/Jets game, the final score will reflect it.  Last year it would just re sim all the games after your were done so the in game scores were useless.  The physics are a bit better as well, especially for RB's(though some of the hits look career threatening lol).  And every week they do a roster update and a they also update the commentary.  Some of the stuff they say is pretty impressive, and I always hear something new every game.  This game still has the best scouting and drafting out of any sports game imo.

A couple of bugs though.  If you score a td and it gets called back, the td still counts towards your stats.  You can pretty much trade anyone 75+ for a team's first pick in the following year's draft. 

Archived