The Official Site of the Vancouver Canucks
Canucks Community

[Proposal] Sedin Trade

Yes, I do understand they are no plans to trade the Sedins just yet and most likely won't be traded unless they ask.

However lol, it is one of the chances the oilers have to win it all before they get cap constraints from McDavid's pay raise - Sedins can win it all too, if Talbot plays good for the Oilers

To EDM

Both Henrik and Daniel to the Oilers , with max cap retention on the one to allow this to work.

To Van

Milan Lucic's contract (yes I know this may bite us in the ass later, but the Oilers get cap relief)

2018 1st rd pick

2019 conditional pick depending on which round they make it to and if they win the cup (1st rd pick if they win the cup)

----

Which line they would play on is up for discussion.... Oilers need to ideally improve on D imo, but  we shall see what happens come post All Star game

Be too galling to see the twins with a western rival. Fanbase would mostly revolt against such a move, you'd think.

Could see Mtl near deadline.

Twins(retain 3 mill on 1)

Mtl: Plekanec(expires season-end), Shaw, prospect & a 2nd. Cond 2019 pick(if they win east, or twins re-sign)

^AAV about even, both ways

30 minutes ago, Jimmy McGill said:

Barack-Obama-Confused-gif.gif

I miss President Obama

1 hour ago, PunjabiCanucks said:

Yes, I do understand they are no plans to trade the Sedins just yet and most likely won't be traded unless they ask.

However lol, it is one of the chances the oilers have to win it all before they get cap constraints from McDavid's pay raise - Sedins can win it all too, if Talbot plays good for the Oilers

To EDM

Both Henrik and Daniel to the Oilers , with max cap retention on the one to allow this to work.

To Van

Milan Lucic's contract (yes I know this may bite us in the ass later, but the Oilers get cap relief)

2018 1st rd pick

2019 conditional pick depending on which round they make it to and if they win the cup (1st rd pick if they win the cup)

----

Which line they would play on is up for discussion.... Oilers need to ideally improve on D imo, but  we shall see what happens come post All Star game

We're not trading the Twins ever

Just now, Jimmy McGill said:

me too :( he was the 1st president in my lifetime that I thought was an actual decent human being 

Too bad Hillary didn't win the election.

Obamacare was a step in the right direction. I think he would've been remembered as an extremely successful President if it weren't for the American people selecting Trump as his successor. 

Seriously? It was literally just yesterday that it was made abundantly clear THEY WILL NOT BE TRADED. THEY WILL RETIRE AS CANUCKS.

That trade makes no sense whatsoever for either side. Considering how much the Oilers are favored to take the Western Conference, that first round pick would be terrible. Not likely to change in 2019 either. The cap hit makes no sense whatsoever on either side.

Come on bruh, if you're going to make a proposal, at least make it feasible.

Looking past the "let's pretend we trade the Sedins" when we all know that the Sedins aren't going to be traded...

This is still a terrible trade for the Canucks.

1) The Sedins won't waive their NTC to play for the Oilers, nor would the Canucks let them go to a divisional rival.

2) The Canucks are already hamstrung by Eriksson's 6x6 contract, taking on another albatross 6x6 contract on an aging power-forward AFTER we trade the Sedins is ridiculous. We'd look to get Lucic if we were in win now mode. We are objectively looking beyond win now mode the moment we trade the Sedins away so therefore taking Lucic on is self-defeating.

3) Even if we get past all that, you're asking us to give the Sedins up (two 40-50 point players) with large salary retention, take on a terrible contract that will haunt us for 5 more years, and in exchange the Canucks only get a 1st round pick (which will likely be a late 1st round pick), and MAYBE a conditional 2019 pick?

This proposal is ghastly.

1 hour ago, morrissex95 said:

I miss President Obama

We're not trading the Twins ever

that is what they said about the greatest player ever and yet he was traded

I can see if they want to retire they want to win it all and should want to help us out by letting us trade them, if not that would be one thing that would stay with them forever

Just now, cripplereh said:

I can see if they want to retire they want to win it all and should want to help us out by letting us trade them, if not that would be one thing that would stay with them forever

They make $7 Million a piece. Assuming we retain 50% on each player, that's still $7 Million cap hit for both. Show me a contending team with that much cap space lol 

1 hour ago, morrissex95 said:

They make $7 Million a piece. Assuming we retain 50% on each player, that's still $7 Million cap hit for both. Show me a contending team with that much cap space lol 

They've got 8 million dollars in space if I read this right this year. Once McDavid's contract start they will have 14 ish million for 10 players.

Thus, I suggest we take Lucic's contract and send the Sedins over. We can only retain 1 of their's cap hits , so 2 Sedins go over (Whose contract expires) for 11.5 million dollars to the oilers.

We get 6 million back which is no problem at the moment, but it sucks long term for us. Oilers will have an additional 6 million then for next year to add 11 contracts for their team.

- just an idea, as the oilers will be in major cap problems for what I see with their huge contracts 

1 hour ago, cripplereh said:

Gretzky wasn't traded so much as he was sold. Also. That was in an era with no salary cap and no such thing as NMC's. Using it as an example is aoples and oranges 

5 hours ago, PunjabiCanucks said:

To EDM

To Van

2018 1st rd pick

----

This is the most disturbing trade proposal I have seen yet. 

You want to trade the Sedins to the Oilers of all teams?? The oilers are one of the last teams I want to see win the cup let alone the Sedins hoisting a cup in an oilers uniform, barf.

On top of all that...you want to bring in Lucic, a player that was hated from our 2011 loss, a player that has a terrible contract, a player who has made it clear he doesn't want to play here, a player with a NMC!

If you think for one second the Twins would waive to go play for Edmonton you are sadly mistaken, they are far too loyal to the Canucks to even consider that.

Dwight-Schrute-Shakes-Head-and-Rolls-Eyes_zpsb5ae609a.gif.b66a7badc9b528819a9390b3e9b2f287.gif

4 hours ago, morrissex95 said:

any that want to unload a bad contract and give us more!!!There are many teams that will have to unload which happens every TDL

so LOL back

Archived