The Official Site of the Vancouver Canucks
Canucks Community

[Proposal] Sedin Trade

18 minutes ago, cripplereh said:

any that want to unload a bad contract and give us more!!!There are many teams that will have to unload which happens every TDL

so LOL back

What are you talking about, bro?

If the Sedin twins get traded it will be to a contender and there isn't a contending team that could take back a minimum of $10,500,000 in salary and a maximum of $14,000,000. That's just the bottom line not much else to it. 

4 hours ago, PunjabiCanucks said:

They've got 8 million dollars in space if I read this right this year. Once McDavid's contract start they will have 14 ish million for 10 players.

Thus, I suggest we take Lucic's contract and send the Sedins over. We can only retain 1 of their's cap hits , so 2 Sedins go over (Whose contract expires) for 11.5 million dollars to the oilers.

We get 6 million back which is no problem at the moment, but it sucks long term for us. Oilers will have an additional 6 million then for next year to add 11 contracts for their team.

- just an idea, as the oilers will be in major cap problems for what I see with their huge contracts 

Why would we want to hurt ourselves long term when we aren't any good short term? Adding Lucic doesn't make us a playoff team now and we will be strapped with two bad 6 million dollar contracts for years. This with Luongo's recapture penalty looming would spell doom

I could see a team wanting Lucic if they were ready to compete...maybe a team like...the Oilers?

Crippling our team for a late first round pick is not smart asset management. If the Oilers want our help getting out of cap trouble it'll be a trade for a younger player on a shorter contract like RNH and they would have to overpay

On 9/6/2017 at 4:41 PM, morrissex95 said:

I miss President Obama

We're not trading the Twins ever

This being said, it's too bad the Americans can't trade to get Obama back... or maybe sign him as a UFA.

regards,  G.

On 9/7/2017 at 0:13 AM, HockeydownUnder said:

Both of your comments are poorly written. Pretty sure there are going to be a few people laughing at ya

well most that know about hockey agree that the twins are close to done

this should be their last year and it would be a BIG mistake to resign them

Bure was traded so laugh all you want as everyone never thought that would happen and he was by far the best player we have had

laugh all you want but that shows you know not to much avbout sports

On 9/6/2017 at 10:39 PM, morrissex95 said:

What are you talking about, bro?

If the Sedin twins get traded it will be to a contender and there isn't a contending team that could take back a minimum of $10,500,000 in salary and a maximum of $14,000,000. That's just the bottom line not much else to it. 

say crosby gets hurt and they unload a player or two to us then YES it will happen

same with the hawks and many other teams can do it

36 minutes ago, cripplereh said:

well most that know about hockey agree that the twins are close to done

this should be their last year and it would be a BIG mistake to resign them

Bure was traded so laugh all you want as everyone never thought that would happen and he was by far the best player we have had

laugh all you want but that shows you know not to much avbout sports

I was making fun of your poorly written almost nonsensical posts from earlier. The one above is much better.

Also the Sedins are clearly no longer first line players. They could play on a second or third line in a sheltered offensive role if they were willing to resign for cheap. Odds are though unless they have an unlikely resurgence they'll probably retire.

• -SN- changed the title to [Proposal] Sedin Trade

Okay obviously this would never happen and I wouldn't want it to happen, but as a thought experiment here is a trade that would work. 

To Oilers:

Sedins with 3.5 mil retained

To Canucks:

Fayne (cap dump)

Cagguila

2018 first round pick

conditional 5th round pick (if Oilers make it to stanly cup final, This becomes 2nd round pick). 

Imo fair value for both sides, keeps everyone under cap and under play limit, and benefits both teams. 

Still though in real life I would never do this as there are other factors at play (loyalty to sedins, don't want to see them play for rival, their leadership in room is invaluable to the young guys, etc.)

25 minutes ago, Canadian Clay said:

Okay obviously this would never happen and I wouldn't want it to happen, but as a thought experiment here is a trade that would work. 

To Oilers:

Sedins with 3.5 mil retained

To Canucks:

Fayne (cap dump)

Cagguila

2018 first round pick

conditional 5th round pick (if Oilers make it to stanly cup final, This becomes 2nd round pick). 

Imo fair value for both sides, keeps everyone under cap and under play limit, and benefits both teams. 

Still though in real life I would never do this as there are other factors at play (loyalty to sedins, don't want to see them play for rival, their leadership in room is invaluable to the young guys, etc. PLUS THEY CAME  OUT PUBLICLY AND SAID THEY WILL END THEIR CAREERS AS CANUCKS AND MANAGEMENT HAS SAID THEY WILL NOT MOVE THEM IF THEY DON'T WANT TO MOVE - perhaps that little fact is the most important?)

FIFY.   I don't think short of "trade us and we will kill this kitten" sort of thing could they have made it clearer they are not in any movement mindset whatsoever.

team players means team comes first,o if the team could be better trading them then thats what they should do and it does make perfect sense

Linden did not want to leave when he did but he knew the team would be better and he being a team player accepted it

now saying this he did not have a NTC but if he did he would have said yes to it as that is his character

2 hours ago, cripplereh said:

team players means team comes first,o if the team could be better trading them then thats what they should do and it does make perfect sense

Linden did not want to leave when he did but he knew the team would be better and he being a team player accepted it

now saying this he did not have a NTC but if he did he would have said yes to it as that is his character

I'm pretty sure Linden was happy to get traded far away from Keenan and the Canucks organization at the time.

As for waiving his no trade, you have no idea what Linden would do in the Sedins situation. Only he does. Considering players give up term and/or money to get no trades put into their contract, players have that right with the agreement made with their teams.

Considering that Linden was the NHLPA president, he's put time in to actively fight for the rights of players. It is no wonder he won't pressure the Sedins to accept a trade

The Sedins are old. They won't return  much anyway. Let them retire as Canucks and appreciate all they've done for the team. To say they aren't 'team players' because they don't want to waive their no trades for what would be a minimal return is mind boggling

I do agree that they have the right I am not and have said that from the start

To me you want your team better and to win you do what you have to as Linden in the past did and he did say to all he never wanted to leave but was happy the team got better

Trust me if owners and management could trade the twins they would to make the team better and that is what I said about being team players

But like said above I agree with they have the right to stay

so in brief here I am not going to argue with people as the twins earned their right but to me the way they talk about loving it here and being leaders they are a step back from Linden who will be the best we have had so far

end of people not seeing my point

On 9/6/2017 at 3:38 PM, PunjabiCanucks said:

Yes, I do understand they are no plans to trade the Sedins just yet and most likely won't be traded unless they ask.

However lol, it is one of the chances the oilers have to win it all before they get cap constraints from McDavid's pay raise - Sedins can win it all too, if Talbot plays good for the Oilers

To EDM

Both Henrik and Daniel to the Oilers , with max cap retention on the one to allow this to work.

To Van

Milan Lucic's contract (yes I know this may bite us in the ass later, but the Oilers get cap relief)

2018 1st rd pick

2019 conditional pick depending on which round they make it to and if they win the cup (1st rd pick if they win the cup)

----

Which line they would play on is up for discussion.... Oilers need to ideally improve on D imo, but  we shall see what happens come post All Star game

First of all the Sedins arn't going anywhere and if they were that would not be a good deal for us

Archived