The Official Site of the Vancouver Canucks
Canucks Community

Most anticipated thing for 2017-18?

danjr

After watching Boeser in the first two preseason games, I'm excited to see how many goals he can score in a full season playing on Bo's line. I'm seriously thinking 30+. He's only played 11 NHL games and has 7 goals 3 assists, and is a +4. He makes it look effortless. You don't see him skating around like a mad man, wasting energy and getting out of position. He's always where he needs to be, so smart and calm, and he has an incredible shot. He looks even better than the end of last season. 5 points in 2 preseason games so far.

I'm also glad the Canucks are being patient with Virtanen. Letting him develop in Utica last year was a great idea. He's going to become another very good player for us. I don't think Goldobin and Rodin will make it to start the season, but I think they make room for Jake.

I can't see Rodin making the team. I wasn't impressed at all with his game yesterday. The guy's played 4 NHL games in his career and will be 27 in a couple of months. He looks like he still needs development. I'm not sure what will happen with him. 

D. Sedin - H. Sedin - Vanek

Baertschi - Horvat - Boeser

Gagner - Sutter - Eriksson

Granlund - Burmistrov - Virtanen

Dorsett

Edler - Tanev

Del Zotto - Gudbranson

Hutton - Stecher

Wiercioch

Markstrom

Nilsson

Utica: Goldobin, Gaunce, Molino, Boucher, Chaput, Megna, Holm, Subban, Biega, Pedan, McEneny, Demko

9 hours ago, NUCKER67 said:

Utica: Goldobin, Gaunce, Molino, Boucher, Chaput, Megna, Holm, Subban, Biega, Pedan, McEneny, Demko

The only things I would like to see change for this list is:

Holm for Stetcher (maybe not at the start of the season.  I think Holm has greater potential.)

Goldobin for Dorsett.  I really dislike Dorsett, I like his energy, but Goldobin could easily score more goals than Dorsett.  I know he isn't defensively sound, but that what the other 4th liners are for.

The most anticipated moment of this upcoming season is winning the 2018 lottery and being able to select Rasmus Dahlen to become the future #1 defensemen of the Vancouver Canucks.  Trade anyone and everyone that we can at the deadline. We're improving, but we're a season or two away IMO.

4 hours ago, TheCerebral1 said:

The most anticipated moment of this upcoming season is winning the 2018 lottery and being able to select Rasmus Dahlen to become the future #1 defensemen of the Vancouver Canucks.  Trade anyone and everyone that we can at the deadline. We're improving, but we're a season or two away IMO.

u mean Rasmus Dahlin. 

Ya that would be nice :)

I am looking for a few things this year mainly Bo and Brock playing together setting the tone for years to come

TDL as we have a few vets that could turn into good pick

Youngsters getting a year closer for fighting for a NHL job next year

but mainly last year of the twins as their best years are far behind them,so they will not take spots away from the youngsters coming up

On 9/8/2017 at 5:51 PM, smithers joe said:

just a jolly good show each game. doesn't take much to make me happy. 

Joe, I have to say this reminds me of Eeyore. (No offense. I always liked Eeyore.)

On 9/20/2017 at 4:07 PM, hammertime said:

Can JB pull off the massive pump n dump he has set up come deadline?

On 9/21/2017 at 2:48 PM, Frogger009 said:

I'm looking forward to our core group of 3rd line veterans slog through a long season of boring hockey. With any luck for once maybe we will win the lottery. 

Amusing response from @Frogger009. Just hope the bolded part does not turn out to be true (again).

A lot of responses about the deadline and draft. It was great to see Benning (finally) do well with both last season. Wouldn't mind a repeat and end up with Pettersson x 2, Lind x 2, Gads x 2, DiPietro x 2, Goldobin x 2 and Dahlen x 2. (I realize that we do not really want to replicate the same skill set we got in the last deadline/draft. We are looking for the elusive "top of depth chart" D and maybe one or two guys with a good combination of grit and ability (like Gads). But I wouldn't complain about another Pettersson. I am pretty sure the Canucks will be better than last year, and probably won't have much of a shot at a lottery pick.

On 9/9/2017 at 3:00 PM, Jester13 said:

I'm excited to see the following:

Canucks' starting lineup

Comets' starting lineup 

For me, the real answer to the question is the prospects. I expect the prospects to have the best year Canuck prospects have had on at least a decade, maybe two or three. Pettersson is doing great in the SHL and has already put to rest the fear that he would "just a 3rd liner with limited minutes". He is already a first liner and doing great. Add in Lind, Gads, and DiPietro in the CHL, Gaudette and Lockwood in the NCAA, a good looking Utica line-up (Chatfield, Brisebois, Dahlen, probably Goldobin, etc.) and hope that Juolevi does well (presumably in Finland) and maybe one or two positive surprises from lower picks and it could be a great year to follow the prospects. 

And I am not counting Jake and Brock in the prospects as I expect them to be on the big team.

Archived