The Official Site of the Vancouver Canucks
Canucks Community

the iPhone 8 thread

MoneypuckOverlord

3 minutes ago, brilac said:

I would definitely have to look at the specs and the cost of the iPhone 8, and the benefits.  I don't know too much about it, but I am interested in the iPhone.  My work phone is an iPhone 6, and I like that Red iPhone at the Apple Store. 

If your from Canada as Canadians we are looking at 1200 for entry level probably.

13 hours ago, Where's Wellwood said:

Are there still rumours it'll be called the IphoneX?

Rumor has the naming convention to be:

• iPhone 8
  • iPhone 8 Plus
  • iPhone X (edited: latest rumour now has it as X)

I probably will pass on this model. My iPhone 6 is still going strong...and plus the Canadian price will be ridiculous...

apparently Samsung jacked the prices of the OLED panels up or something, which is why these models are projected to cost so much. but they won't be that bad if you're under contract i don't think?

i'll definitely consider grabbing the X/Edition if it's good, but i'm not in any rush if its not. 6s is still good for me.

i'm semi-curious about what they're doing with the rumoured 4K Apple TV. definitely interested in any news about the new OS as well

9 minutes ago, Tortorella's Rant said:

People spending money they don't have on $&!# they don't need. 

does it help if I can afford it?

I did try an android phone (LG G4) and was a die-hard apple user before that and I really like them both. I may go back to the iPhone 8 though depending on the features but its going to have to really take a signifiant leap to justify the $$. 

Just now, Jimmy McGill said:

does it help if I can afford it?

I did try an android phone (LG G4) and was a die-hard apple user before that and I really like them both. I may go back to the iPhone 8 though depending on the features but its going to have to really take a signifiant leap to justify the $$. 

Sure. But as mentioned above, what is wrong with people having iPhone 5 or 6, or whatever. I don't get the rush to go out and buy a new phone every time it comes out. It's like a disease. I don't get spending hundreds of dollars for a device that texts and makes calls, and a 1/4 inch larger screen and some extra storage that most people aren't even close to consuming on their current phone. Isn't just about every other feature available on your desktop computer which cost a decent bill to begin with? 

10 hours ago, canucks.bradley said:

Rumor has the naming convention to be:

• iPhone 8 times more expensive than it should be
  • iPhone 8 times more expensive Plus lots of features that kill battery life but don't add any real value
  • iPhone Edition for people who are too insecure for a solid device that works but instead need to be seen to have the most expensive, but least useful, device possible

I probably will pass on this model. My iPhone 6 is still going strong...and plus the Canadian price will be ridiculous...

FIFY.

Good move on the "stick with what works".

31 minutes ago, Tortorella's Rant said:

Sure. But as mentioned above, what is wrong with people having iPhone 5 or 6, or whatever. I don't get the rush to go out and buy a new phone every time it comes out. It's like a disease. I don't get spending hundreds of dollars for a device that texts and makes calls, and a 1/4 inch larger screen and some extra storage that most people aren't even close to consuming on their current phone. Isn't just about every other feature available on your desktop computer which cost a decent bill to begin with? 

Nothing. I'm actually still really happy with the G4 i'm using now, and it would take a real leap in tech to get me to cough up $1,200 for a new iPhone. I just wonder what Apple has left to innovate now thats really going to get them to stand out? I really like the camera on the G4 which was better at the time than the iPhone but that may have changed again. 

As told in the joke thread:

How do you milk sheep?

Release another Iphone

Anyways I still rock a S3 with a cracked screen and a headphone jack that no longer works.  But the longer I hang on to it the more value I get out of that 3 year contract I signed ages ago(at least that's what I keep telling myself).  I heard a disgruntled employee is leaking all the tidbits for this new Iphone,

Archived