The Official Site of the Vancouver Canucks
Canucks Community

[GDT] Calgary Flames vs. Vancouver Canucks | Young Stars Classic | Sept. 10, 2017 | 2:00 PM PT

-Vintage Canuck-

200px-Calgary_Flames_Logo.svg.png     Crf2uip.gif     200px-Vancouver_Canucks_logo.svg.png

2017 YOUNG STARS CLASSIC | GAME 2
SEPTEMBER 10, 2017
2:00 PM PT | 5:00 PM ET

LIVE ON: CANUCKS.COM

PENTICTON, CANADA

Projected Lineup:

50px-Calgary_Flames_Logo.svg.png

Calgary:

Andrew Mangiapane - Mark Jankowski - Spencer Foo

Ben Hawerchuk - Dillon Dube - Zach Fischer

Brett Pollock - Glenn Gawdin - Hunter Smith

Brad Morrison - Adam Ruzicka - Matthew Phillips

Juuso Valimaki - Rasmus Andersson

Josh Healey - Kayle Doetzel

Adam Ollas Mattsson - Sam Ruopp

Nick Schneider

Mason McDonald

50px-Vancouver_Canucks_logo.svg.png

Vancouver:

Griffen Molino - Brett McKenzie - Brock Boeser

Jonah Gadjovich - Zack MacEwen - Kole Lind

Michael Carcone - Johny Corneil - Alexis D'Aoust

Jakob Stukel - Danny Moynihan - Yan-Pavel Laplante

Olli Juolevi - Aaron Irving

Guillaume Brisebois - Cole Candella

Mackenze Stewart - Matt Barberis

Michael DiPietro

Michael Garteig

Live Stream:

Sh2yNXl.gif

Looking forward to watching the baby 'Nucks go at it again. I must admit I've got a soft spot in my heart for some of the little Calgary sparks (Jankowski, Mangiapane, Ollas Mattsson, Andersson) since they play for my local AHL team and are absolute sweethearts. I still want them to lose though. :P

I hope to see:

1) Juolevi play better; as good as he is supposed to be, he should be more noticeable for the right reasons

2) DiPietro play well; I've always been partial to the smaller, more acrobatic goalies

3) Boeser continue to be able to skate circles around the opposition. It was only bad "puck luck" that kept him from getting one, if not two, goals tonite

4) Molino continue to skate like the wind. Man was he impressive at times!

5) The play of Chatfield and Brisebois continue. Although trading Tanev would get a pretty good result, I would rather see Edler gone for a somewhat lesser result. If these two continue as they are doing, we've got a pair that could be a ready made bottom pairing immediately, developing towards a middle pairing by the 22-23 season; just in time to take over for Tanev for the "steady" Dman role.

1 hour ago, Father Ryan said:

I hope to see:

1) Juolevi play better; as good as he is supposed to be, he should be more noticeable for the right reasons

2) DiPietro play well; I've always been partial to the smaller, more acrobatic goalies

3) Boeser continue to be able to skate circles around the opposition. It was only bad "puck luck" that kept him from getting one, if not two, goals tonite

5) The play of Chatfield and Brisebois continue. Although trading Tanev would get a pretty good result, I would rather see Edler gone for a somewhat lesser result. If these two continue as they are doing, we've got a pair that could be a ready made bottom pairing immediately, developing towards a middle pairing by the 22-23 season; just in time to take over for Tanev for the "steady" Dman role.

#1, you need to watch a little closer.

1 hour ago, Father Ryan said:

I hope to see:

Juolevi was very steady, don't mistake him for sensational.

It should be a tight game, unless Boeser becomes a more consistent threat. He had a decent game against the Jets, but he can do more than he showed. I'd like to see some more fire in his game, like we saw in Gadjovich or MacEwen's game.

7 hours ago, Ossi Vaananen said:

I'm hoping Irving gets into this one, he's the invite I'm really interested in

I doubt they give DiPietro the full 60, maybe split it with Gartieg. Lind is supposed to be able to play all 3 forward positions, I'd like to see him center Boeser for a game.

I hope so too. I have been looking into Irving a bit and would be following him if he played this game.

I was just thinking about this as well. Lind has some nice skills that he could bring as a center man. It would be nice to see him in this role.

8 hours ago, -AJ- said:

It should be a tight game, unless Boeser becomes a more consistent threat. He had a decent game against the Jets, but he can do more than he showed. I'd like to see some more fire in his game, like we saw in Gadjovich or MacEwen's game.

MacEwen is such a beast, I hope he makes the team this year. He deserves it !

Archived