The Official Site of the Vancouver Canucks
Canucks Community

[GDT] Calgary Flames vs. Vancouver Canucks | Young Stars Classic | Sept. 10, 2017 | 2:00 PM PT

-Vintage Canuck-

Just now, KyoNami said:

There really isn't anything in all honesty, he could completely tank and end up out of the NHL. But at this point, anything is better than the horror show of last year with Megna

It's strange though right? Everyone thinks he will be better, but there's literally no info to prove that he will be.

Just now, Derp... said:

It's strange though right? Everyone thinks he will be better, but there's literally no info to prove that he will be.

Well again, that goes for every young prospect, there is no 100% guarantee. We can make our best predictions but we don't know for sure what will happen. In Molino's case, he has the benefit of age, and as well the low standard Megna set

26 minutes ago, Team Bagues said:

Really.

The Russian had to make more saves but when called upon Demko was incredibly solid.

ya I don't see it that way, I thought Demko looked very shaky at the beginning and in the 3rd period... he was good in the 2nd. The Russian made outstanding break away saves and shots from right in close. If not for him it could have been 10 - 2

30 minutes ago, Derp... said:

What makes him project to be better?

We will get a better idea this training camp but Molino looks to be almost as effective (or ineffective) as Megna is now...and he is 4 years younger.

They are both about the same speed...lightning quick, but Molino (might) have a bit more grit for corner work and getting to the net and being 23 years old there is still room for improvement whereas Megna is what he is and will only be that for a few more years being 27 now.

33 minutes ago, Team Bagues said:

Really.

The Russian had to make more saves but when called upon Demko was incredibly solid.

Demko looked a bit shaky to start but ended up playing a solid game but that Rusky kept making our sniper's hit him just at the top of his shoulder....Gadjovich would have had at least 2 more goals, Boeser, Juolevi and MacEwen (maybe other's) all shot top corner and were robbed...his positioning was top notch...at least for that game...

Here's the Flames lines:

Andrew Mangiapane - Mark Jankowski - Spencer Foo

Ben Hawerchuk - Dillon Dube - Zach Fischer

Brett Pollock - Glenn Gawdin - Hunter Smith

Brad Morrison - Adam Ruzicka - Matthew Phillips

Juuso Valimaki - Rasmus Andersson

Josh Healey - Kayle Doetzel

Adam Ollas Mattsson - Sam Ruopp

Nick Schneider

Mason McDonald

Just now, Cramarossa said:

Here's the Flames lines:

Nick Schneider

Mason McDonald

On paper, we easily have a better line-up.

9 minutes ago, Cramarossa said:

Here's the Flames lines:

Nick Schneider

Mason McDonald

Thanks. Added to the OP.

3 minutes ago, Ossi Vaananen said:

Dafuq is Jankowski doing here? He's a 2012 pick... 94 birth. Dude's old for this tourney. He has pro games too, I'm not a fan of this.

I still think we'll dirty them, but not a fan of this. 

I don't think there's an actual age limit for this tournament. We have Molino who is also a '94 birth, and I think Gerteig is with us too who's a '91 birth.

Just now, BananaMash said:

I don't think there's an actual age limit for this tournament. We have Molino who is also a '94 birth, and I think Gerteig is with us too who's a '91 birth.

Ya, goaltenders usually get a pass, same with guys just leaving college. But Jank is a year removed from doing just that, on top of having games with their affiliate as well as the Flames. 

I'm sure he fits the criteria, though this tourney seems beneath his development at this point in time.

Just now, Ossi Vaananen said:

Ya, goaltenders usually get a pass, same with guys just leaving college. But Jank is a year removed from doing just that, on top of having games with their affiliate as well as the Flames. 

I'm sure he fits the criteria, though this tourney seems beneath his development at this point in time.

You could probably say it's below Boeser and Juolevi's development too, but extra reps never hurt anyone.

Unless they actually get injured, then it does.

1 minute ago, Ossi Vaananen said:

I think they just wanted to give themselves a chance at winning :lol: Or maybe want Janko as a leader/example for the younger guys?

I was surprised there's no Emile Poirier; he's had a long layoff after working on his sobriety  (props to him). He's pretty young and I suspect could use the practice. Also no Ryan Lomberg left me scratching my head.

35 minutes ago, Rollieo Del Fuego said:

We will get a better idea this training camp but Molino looks to be almost as effective (or ineffective) as Megna is now...and he is 4 years younger.

They are both about the same speed...lightning quick, but Molino (might) have a bit more grit for corner work and getting to the net and being 23 years old there is still room for improvement whereas Megna is what he is and will only be that for a few more years being 27 now.

This year is the year he proves he was worth a contract for sure. He'll need to step his game up to beat out other more skilled players.

Archived