-Vintage Canuck-

[Official] 2017 Training Camp Thread

Rate this topic

3 minutes ago, AlwaysACanuckFan said:

Nilsson looks like he would make a great power forward/enforcer if he doesn't make it as a goalie (I expect him to be a very good goalie for us though).

Is it really that time of year again? At last...

13 minutes ago, AlwaysACanuckFan said:

So, Sutter is big country fan while DJ Del Zotto can't stand country. Uh-oh...

58 minutes ago, HerrDrFunk said:

tenor.gif

If they are deployed in the o-zone more it makes sense. I've even made an entire thread over it, Loui was arguably their best partner last year. 

2 hours ago, Canadian said:

Jake Virtanen - 229

Bo Horvat - 223

Loving the size of the two big boys here. Two biggest players on the team, excluding Nilsson in net.

The weights will be old numbers.  They weighed in this morning.  It'll be a little while before we see this years numbers

33 minutes ago, ThatPope said:

Nilsson looks frackin HUGE in the interviews. Made markstrom look like a child sitting next to him. 

lol.  Marky is actually an inch taller.  Longer legs I guess.

• Upvote 1

41 minutes ago, AlwaysACanuckFan said:

Awesome. Funniest thing I've read in a long time.

• Upvote 1

Looks like Benning and the coaching staff are next and possibly last on the podium. I guess we don't get to hear from Stetcher, Gudbranson and Dorsett? Would be nice to hear where the last two guys are at after their surgeries. 

9 minutes ago, pluralsight said:

Looks like Benning and the coaching staff are next and possibly last on the podium. I guess we don't get to hear from Stetcher, Gudbranson and Dorsett? Would be nice to hear where the last two guys are at after their surgeries. 

That is weird that Gudbranson and Stecher haven't been made available to the press, yet a one year rental like Vanek is?

1 minute ago, PhillipBlunt said:

That is weird that Gudbranson and Stecher haven't been made available to the press, yet a one year rental like Vanek is?

It is possible that the media had no questions for them but I find that hard to believe. Not surprised Vanek is there, I don't think the media has heard much from him since he signed here.

4 minutes ago, pluralsight said:

It is possible that the media had no questions for them but I find that hard to believe. Not surprised Vanek is there, I don't think the media has heard much from him since he signed here.

Same. Stecher and Gudbranson are members of the top six. Why would they have Edler, who is a nullifying interview, instead of Stecher or Gudbranson?

Maybe they chose not to go, or were asked and declined, I certainly hope that was the case.

1 minute ago, PhillipBlunt said:

Same. Stecher and Gudbranson are members of the top six. Why would they have Edler, who is a nullifying interview, instead of Stecher or Gudbranson?

Maybe they chose not to go, or were asked and declined, I certainly hope that was the case.

As I was typing this, it looks like the caption on the live stream that said the GM and coaching staff were next has now disappeared. So maybe Stech and Guddy are coming up. :emot-parrot:

1 minute ago, pluralsight said:

As I was typing this, it looks like the caption on the live stream that said the GM and coaching staff were next has now disappeared. So maybe Stech and Guddy are coming up. :emot-parrot:

They're listening to us, plural!

• Upvote 2

1 hour ago, HerrDrFunk said:

tenor.gif

Didn't want him paired with te twins last year before we signed him, don't want him there now.

Rather see Eriksson with Baer and Bo personally.

1 hour ago, Rick Blight said:

He is huge but Markstrom is listed as an inch taller than Nilsson.......must be sitting on a cushion.:lol:

Jacob Markstrom

Goalie -- shoots L
Born Jan 31 1990 -- Gavle, Sweden 
[27 yrs. ago] 
Height 6.06 -- Weight 196 [198 cm/89 kg]

Anders Nilsson

Goalie -- shoots R
Born Mar 19 1990 -- Lulea, Sweden 
[27 yrs. ago] 
Height 6.05 -- Weight 229 [196 cm/104 kg]

Torso vs legs perhaps?