The Official Site of the Vancouver Canucks
Canucks Community

Top 3 Players That Impressed You During The Young Stars Tournament.

J-23

Being impressed is a bit different than believing they may crack the roster on opening night, but Utica will be much stronger.

The swashbuckling Jalen Chatfield is impressive, Brisebois will move up on the depth chart and Carcone is an oppurtunist - the coaching staff will be watching him.

Boeser, Juolevi and Demko will be measured with NHL calibre personnel.

Chatfield - He was pretty much the backbone of the Canucks defence, and that showed today.

Lind - He has absolute amazing vision and can find guys, whether it's a cross-crease pass or through a bunch of defenceman, it's almost Henrik-like.

Carcone - It was the 'Carcone Show' today. I really liked his patience with puck and has a nose for the net.

Carcone- looks unleash that offensive potential he came in with( I know he was a bit older but was not tentative like some others),

Chatfield looks to move up our depth chart. Has great offensive instincts and knows how to defend. Not overly physical, he's a tougher more offensive Tanev.

LaPlante looks sort of Rypien-esque. Great 4th line protector who can shoot and skate. (He looks tougher and faster than Dorsett with Dorsett's attitude). We'll need his offense on the 4th line.Great role player.

Honorable mention to Molino, Lind, and Stukel.

11 hours ago, Mathew Barzal said:

Chatfield only further impressed me. As for the forwards ... we have a lot of decent complimentary players but no play drivers.

Our best young play driver is Bo Horvat and he's a flipping centerman.

To be fair, it's looking pretty likely that Utica, at least to start, could have Boeser, Goldobin and Dahlen on the roster. Plus McEneny, Brisebois, Subban and Chatfield on D who all show some ability to drive play from the back end. 

Them added to the AHL vets (underlined for good reason) likely to be at centre should be sizeable improvement at driving play to the more complimentary guys vs last year.

A play making C prospect would be nice too though ;)

11 hours ago, -Vintage Canuck- said:

Chatfield - He was pretty much the backbone of the Canucks defence, and that showed today.

Lind - He has absolute amazing vision and can find guys, whether it's a cross-crease pass or through a bunch of defenceman, it's almost Henrik-like.

Carcone - It was the 'Carcone Show' today. I really liked his patience with puck and has a nose for the net.

Pretty much this.   I liked Demko too - positionally strong, just needs to work on his glove hand and rebounds - one or two AHL seasons will be perfect for him.

Archived