The Official Site of the Vancouver Canucks
Canucks Community

Key Arena Getting Major Renovation In Attempt For NHL Expansion Team

BowtieCanuck

If this is posted in the wrong forum, I apologize and would hope a admin or mod moves it to the proper place. Every article or video I have seen on this news heavily implies it is in an attempt for an NHL team. I personally would welcome a close rival to the Canucks and think Seattle should have had a hockey team decades ago. Glad to see its going to be privately funded as well, kind of cancels out any reason for the public and/or city to oppose it.

http://www.bardown.com/check-out-what-keyarena-in-seattle-could-look-like-for-hockey-once-renovations-are-done-1.854321

Looks pretty sweet. And the fact it is privately funded definitely helps its chances. I would welcome a rivalry between Vancouver and Seattle. Would be great to drive down and watch the Canucks play an away game down there at half price. I can see our ownership not being particularly thrilled about the proposal however, as tickets in Seattle are sure to be less expensive. I doubt it would have an impact on our ticket sales however. 

25 minutes ago, apollo said:

I thought you were joking... then i googled ... 5 allegations omg 

Seattle Mayor Ed Murray resigns after fifth child sex-abuse allegation

http://www.seattletimes.com/seattle-news/politics/seattle-mayor-ed-murray-resigns-after-fifth-child-sex-abuse-allegation/

5th?!?!

You'd assume they would start investigating way more when it's the first one.  

Wow, that was the quickest downfall for a pro sports franchise bid I've ever seen.  It lasted a whole several hours... lol.  Unless the next mayor is as heavily on-board with the NHL coming to Seattle as the now former mayor was, Seattle's newest bid is dead in the water.

20 minutes ago, SabreFan1 said:

Wow, that was the quickest downfall for a pro sports franchise bid I've ever seen.  It lasted a whole several hours... lol.  Unless the next mayor is as heavily on-board with the NHL coming to Seattle as the now former mayor was, Seattle's newest bid is dead in the water.

I'd prefer to see a team in Quebec but Bettman will have to be caught with a :goat: before that will happen. 

34 minutes ago, SabreFan1 said:

Considering the private money that will fund the arena renovation/rebuild, it would be hard for the next mayor not to support it since it will bring money into Seattle, especially considering where the arena is located. Seems like a no brainer for a politician IMO.

Archived