The Official Site of the Vancouver Canucks
Canucks Community

Jacob Markstrom's new mask

-Vintage Canuck-

Jacob Markstrom's new mask  

88 members have voted

You do not have permission to vote in this poll, or see the poll results. Please sign in or register to vote in this poll.

I'm a fan of matching colour schemes.   These old school masks look awful imo...  At least in Canucks colours.  

Luis were sharp.  Even Miller had a nice matching contrast.  

This though...  is in my opinion...  garbage.   As in I'll hate seeing it every time he plays.   So out of place...

2 hours ago, Jimmy McGill said:

I don't get it. Can someone tell me what it is?

It's old school..all the way back to the late nineties when the Orca Entertainment logo was devised.  Wait isn't that still our logo?  Guess we should be happy it isn't an pizza Slice or Molson Canadian.

3 minutes ago, IBatch said:

It's old school..all the way back to the late nineties when the Orca Entertainment logo was devised.  Wait isn't that still our logo?  Guess we should be happy it isn't an pizza Slice or Molson Canadian.

I had to look it up "Jacob Markstrom is offcially wearing a goalie mask of a guy wearing a goalie mask" Apparently its "sick". 

https://www.nhl.com/news/canucks-goale-jacob-markstrom-dons-throwback-mask/c-283779814

I don't like DaveArts style very much. Not big on this mask at all.

6 minutes ago, Jimmy McGill said:

I had to look it up "Jacob Markstrom is offcially wearing a goalie mask of a guy wearing a goalie mask" Apparently its "sick". 

https://www.nhl.com/news/canucks-goale-jacob-markstrom-dons-throwback-mask/c-283779814

Yeah, it's not really a new concept either. I remember Steve Shields wearing one with the Bruins:

Image result for Steve shields goalie mask

At least his was a tribute to Cheevers, so it made sense.

Archived