The Official Site of the Vancouver Canucks
Canucks Community

Favourite NHL Team (not named Vancouver Canucks)

Rob_Zepp

OK, I tried to do this as a poll but since the NHL expanded past 20 teams, that isn't possible.    I suspect this thread has been done before but a valiant search (cursory for about 10 seconds) didn't unearth anything and as all teams are currently tied for first (and last), thought it was a time to roll this out.   This isn't a thread to hate on people's choices so please try and avoid that as possible.

Soooooo, me first.   My favourite NHL team is the Carolina 'Canes.    Second favourite (but waning to be honest) is Florida Panthers.   There are a myriad of reasons why I pick those two teams but just say I pull for them both and am typically very disappointed each season.   I do think Canes are on the rise and have some of the best D prospects in the game (Nashville of a few years back) and Florida has some good high end talent but seemingly no plan for it.

Anyway, outside of Vancouver Canucks (my third fav but may take out the Panthers if they do more bonehead things this year), who is your favourite team(s) in the NHL?   

Nashville.  Loved their jersey's when they came into the league, and they were actually my favourite team for a while because of that (I was like 6).  Always had a soft spot for them since.  

It's helped that I'm genuinely a fan of how that team has been run and the on-ice product they put out.  Great example of how to grow the sport in a non traditional hockey market.

The Carolina Hurricanes.

I love what Ron Francis has been doing there for the last few years, and I especially love how that team's been drafting in all 7 rounds. Also, ever since I've been watching hockey, they've always found a way to be one of the feel good stories of the NHL as long as they've made the playoffs.

I love their logo, their colours, their goal horn, and I believe that they aren't given enough credit for having one of the more passionate fanbases in the league (no matter what their attendance in the last few seasons suggests). During the playoffs, that joint is rumblin', and I'm 100% certain that they'll be back there soon.

I love my Cardiac 'Canes. 

Philadelphia Flyers.  

As a wee lad, Pelle Lindbergh gave me an autographed stick at the old Chicago Stadium on his way up from the locker room.  Been a fan of the team ever since.  Plus, our d*ckhead owner never televised games so you were kinda forced to find another favorite team besides the Blackhawks.

Wait...was this question only for Canucks fans?

I love the Arizona Coyotes :wub: A big factor for me is that their team seems chock-full of good guys (except Hanzal in previous years, I never liked him). I am excited about their rebuild and curious to see how their young guns develop.

I also like the Minnesota Wild. I always thought they had great third jerseys and I honestly started following them as a byproduct of cheering against whoever they were playing in the first round of playoffs a couple years back (Chicago? St. Louis?). Having another beloved Granlund on the team helps.

You could make it into a poll and separate it into two parts.

I like the Flyers. Love the logo and colour scheme, and have had a number of their key players in fantasy leagues so I naturally started cheering for them because of that. Not to mention that comeback against Boston in 2010.

Also like Tampa to a lesser extent for similar reasons.

Then there's Florida, Anaheim, NYR, and now Ottawa that I route for due to former Canucks.

7 minutes ago, Rob_Zepp said:

Well, Hartford did morph into my fav so you get a plus!

I actually like how Carolina is doing their rebuild. They have the luxury of not being under a microscope market like here but still, they will be very good very soon. 

Archived