The Official Site of the Vancouver Canucks
Canucks Community

Favourite NHL Team (not named Vancouver Canucks)

Rob_Zepp

On 15/09/2017 at 0:44 PM, Rob_Zepp said:

I don't see it that way.   This isn't like dating.   I have ties to one team, got other ties to a second and then through just watching a lot of hockey started to really like a third.   Maybe I am not a hard-core "fan" then of any of them but I do feel I am a hard-core hockey fan as that has been my life to this point pretty much exclusively.    Maybe that is why I don't quite understand some of the very emotional pro and con posts about this team as I don't live or die based upon the Canucks - I do want to see them do well but if they were in the Cup final versus the Canes or the Panthers, I would be very conflicted (and likely concerned as any of the colour of the moon being different, pig excrement coming from the sky or the core temperature of the earth dropping dramatically could happen if any of those matchups occured).

So if Vancouver is your third favorite team how do you split up your post time.  You seem to be on here a lot so it came as a surprise that Canucks weren't your team.  Never been on any other teams site before are the Canes and Floridas pretty active?

40 minutes ago, IBatch said:

So if Vancouver is your third favorite team how do you split up your post time.  You seem to be on here a lot so it came as a surprise that Canucks weren't your team.  Never been on any other teams site before are the Canes and Floridas pretty active?

Almost no post time on Canes and Panthers as those sites are dead - just dead and it is really sad as they both were more active a few years ago.   No real regulars anymore and the site support is almost non-existent.   

1 hour ago, Rob_Zepp said:

Almost no post time on Canes and Panthers as those sites are dead - just dead and it is really sad as they both were more active a few years ago.   No real regulars anymore and the site support is almost non-existent.   

Ugh.  Makes sense why you're here, sorry.   It says Vancouver a busy forum, I would have never thought any of the other teams aside from Vegas wouldnt have people on it daily.  My condolences, if Vancouver was like that I could finding somewhere else to talk hockey.  Just not TO. 

After the Canuck's it would be the Jets. Having the team come back was pretty cool and besides my sister lives in Manitoba so that's a factor too. I hadn't gone to a live game in about 20 years but two years ago I got to see the Canuck's and Jets play, definitely cheered for the Canuck's though. 

I like Ottawa, Nashville, don't mind Columbus either.

13 hours ago, brilac said:

I love the Habs.  Love comes about when I think of them, and they are my second favorite team.  If I lived on the East Coast, I'd go see them more, but I dedicate my time around the Playoffs and watching games on TV all year through NHL Center Ice.  

Hockey clubs are like relationships -  can you be in Love with 2 others at the same time ?    

I secretly watch habs games when i get a chance............  I feel like i am cheating on my team ( nucks ) 

• 2 weeks later...

Interesting topic. Which, for me, speaks to the larger question of who are true fans, and who are the bandwagon/fair weather fans? Not just in the NHL, but sports in general. I rarely accuse anyone of not being "a real fan", but, I do have a serious distaste for having a 2nd (or even 3rd!) favourite team in the same league. That's just...odd. To put it nicely. 

On 9/30/2017 at 2:33 PM, Fakename70 said:

Interesting topic. Which, for me, speaks to the larger question of who are true fans, and who are the bandwagon/fair weather fans? Not just in the NHL, but sports in general. I rarely accuse anyone of not being "a real fan", but, I do have a serious distaste for having a 2nd (or even 3rd!) favourite team in the same league. That's just...odd. To put it nicely. 

I have found conflicts sometimes but in general have had little issue for having three teams on my plate - though their degree of overlap only really becomes an issue when they make trades as none of them have met in playoffs since I became more of a fan.

Initially I tended to follow players more than teams way back when before the Canucks (Orr, Howe, Beliveau, Hull etc.). I did start following Montreal as a fave team somewhere in the early 60's. Not so much anymore.

regards,  G.

Archived