The Official Site of the Vancouver Canucks
Canucks Community

[Re-signing] Bruins sign Pastrnak to 6 yr 40million

73 Percent

4 minutes ago, 73 Percent said:

http://www.tsn.ca/bruins-sign-rfa-pastrnak-to-six-year-40m-deal-1.856342

Turns out to be 6.67million per year.

Makes the no contract look even better imo. Pastrnak may be a better offensive player but carries over a million dollar a year cap hit over bo.

Do you mean "Bo" contract or having "no" contract?   I am pretty sure it looks better than having no contract.

1 minute ago, 73 Percent said:

:lol: 

Damn. I edited this think like 6 times already. What a loser.

Good catch man.

No worries - I do it all the time.    It just was funny to read so I thought a nice little dig/note would be taken in the good natured intent it was delivered...and it was.   Cheers!:)

1 hour ago, 73 Percent said:

Makes the Bo contract look even better imo. Pastrnak may be a better offensive player but carries over a million dollar a year cap hit over bo.

Maybe this Pastrnak contract, along with Draisatl, shows how lucky we are to have Bo?  Bo is a far better 200 foot player, a leader, and future captain.  Go Bo Go!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Pastrnak is a very good young player, but it's hard to say how good he'd be if he weren't playing with two elite linemates in Bergeron and Marchand.

My guess is this deal (and Draisaitl's) will end up looking kind of like Monahan's in Calgary - in retrospect, an overpayment because a guy's numbers were boosted.

I guess that's the one positive of not having much talent for Bo to play with (yet).

30 minutes ago, ForsbergTheGreat said:

That's a fair deal and puts him right in line with Johnny hockey,

I'd much rather have Pastrnak at 6.66 than Patrick Marleau at 6.66

I think the entire hockey world was face palming their collective faces at the contract Marleau got, especially for 3 years!

Got into an argument with a friend who likes the Leafs, he said the deal wasn't that bad and Marleau will provide leadership, be a mentor to the young kids and provide a calming presence. I countered they could have had that with Jagr for a 3rd of the cost and less term, he didn't have a reply for that lol.

It's funny, I'm seeing a lot of "Fair deal" or "Good singing" by people, yet saw quite a bit of negativity with Horvat's contract. Extra 18 points that much of a difference? Boston scored 54 more times then the Canucks did last year, plus Pastarnak had a sweet gig playing on the 1st line with Bergeron and Marchand and had top pp billing for most of the season as well.

8 minutes ago, Glory_Days said:

I think the entire hockey world was face palming their collective faces at the contract Marleau got, especially for 3 years!

Got into an argument with a friend who likes the Leafs, he said the deal wasn't that bad and Marleau will provide leadership, be a mentor to the young kids and provide a calming presence. I countered they could have had that with Jagr for a 3rd of the cost and less term, he didn't have a reply for that lol.

It's funny, I'm seeing a lot of "Fair deal" or "Good singing" by people, yet saw quite a bit of negativity with Horvat's contract. Extra 18 points that much of a difference? Boston scored 54 more times then the Canucks did last year, plus Pastarnak had a sweet gig playing on the 1st line with Bergeron and Marchand and had top pp billing for most of the season as well.

Jagr is too slow to be a fit on the Leafs. Marleau despite his age has retained his skating ability which fits well into the style that Babcock wants to play. He is also a natural LW which allows them to take Hyman off the top line. Jagr would have played RW where the Leafs already have Nylander, Marner, Brown, Kapanen. On LW they now have had JVR, Marleau, Komorov, Hyman. They overpaid vastly but they needed a top 9 LW option better than Hyman. Matthews probably ends up with lower goal totals but much higher assist totals than last year now that he no longer needs to be anchored to Hyman. 

13 hours ago, 73 Percent said:

Makes the Bo contract look even better imo. Pastrnak may be a better offensive player but carries over a million dollar a year cap hit over bo.

Pastrmak had 34 goals at 70 points last season. I mean I love Both Horvat but Pastrnak has a much higher offensive ceiling than Horvat. 

Archived