The Official Site of the Vancouver Canucks
Canucks Community

[Discussion] What would you do for Duchene?

2 hours ago, SliteriousBlackbeard said:

Tanev

Tryamkin before everyone gets mad. I love this guy, his number 1 fan. He seems through with the Canucks Willie D for now anyway.

2nd round pick next year

Why would sakic go for this? I dunno but it would be pretty sweet to lose minimal for Duchene.

FIFY

Keep Tyramkin, he could come back for his ice time once Edler/ Tanev are gone....

Imagine a Defence of:

Dahlin - Joulevi

Tyramkin - Stecher

____ - Hutton.

Tanev plus add a pick, Subban, or Virtanen (if we think his ship has sailed).....

Duchene hasnt shown the same flash from a few years ago. He could easily bolt from us and I would love to have a compensation pick from Colorado if he does not resign....

2 hours ago, apollo said:

Wait... Tanev, Tree and a 2nd?!! That's ludicrous. Duchene peaked in 2014... you can argue he's overpaid at 6 million even. 

If we're giving Tanev, I need something coming back on top of Duchene. 

--- Regular Season ---  ---- Playoffs ----
Season   Team                        Lge    GP    G    A  Pts  PIM  GP   G   A Pts PIM
--------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
2007-08  Brampton Battalion          OHL    64   30   20   50   22   5   1   1   2  10
2008-09  Brampton Battalion          OHL    57   31   48   79   42  21  14  12  26  21
2009-10  Colorado Avalanche          NHL    81   24   31   55   16   6   0   3   3   0
2010-11  Colorado Avalanche          NHL    80   27   40   67   33  --  --  --  --  --
2011-12  Colorado Avalanche          NHL    58   14   14   28    8  --  --  --  --  --
2012-13  Frolunda HC                 SEL    19    4   10   14   12  --  --  --  --  --
2012-13  Ambri-Piotta                Swiss   4    2    3    5    2  --  --  --  --  --
2012-13  Colorado Avalanche          NHL    47   17   26   43   12  --  --  --  --  --
2013-14  Colorado Avalanche          NHL    71   23   47   70   19   2   0   3   3   2
2014-15  Colorado Avalanche          NHL    82   21   34   55   16  --  --  --  --  --
2015-16  Colorado Avalanche          NHL    76   30   29   59   24  --  --  --  --  --
2016-17  Colorado Avalanche          NHL    77   18   23   41   12  --  --  --  --  --
--------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
         NHL Totals                        572  174  244  418  140   8   0   6   6   2

I think he's a fit for any team that wants to rebuild even. At 26 he's got a great skill set and could still be incredibly valuable but at 6 million and 41 points... the asking price from Sakic is outrageous. 

If he can take a fair price I'd do the trade.

Duchene + 2nd for Tanev 

or 

Duchene For Sutter + 3rd 

You highlighted a 30 goal season as a regression...

3 hours ago, Raymond Luxury Yacht said:

I may be the odd man out here, but I wouldn't give much for Duchene at the moment.  We are, for all intents and purposes, rebuilding.  If we trade prospects and picks we are prolonging the agony for a player that may or may not stay.  Let's say he get him, where does he slot in? I'm kind of hoping Hank and Bo are Line 1 and 2 Centers. I don't think he's the answer for the Canucks, not unless Sakic really wants Eriksson.  I'd consider moving a prospect, pick and Eriksson for sure, if only to dump the contract....but that's basically Ballard. Raymond and 1st and Super Joe wouldn't take it.  He will end taking less than he wants though, I would wager a Banh Mi sandwich on it. 

Duchene doesn't seem like a player that makes others better. He does real good on all-star teams when everyone else takes the attention.

Giving up what Sakic is reportedly asking for is teetering away from sanity.

4 hours ago, apollo said:

I think he's a fit for any team that wants to rebuild even. At 26 he's got a great skill set and could still be incredibly valuable but at 6 million and 41 points... the asking price from Sakic is outrageous. 

Duchene + 2nd for Tanev 

or 

Duchene For Sutter + 3rd 

He is a good young player for sure, and any good young player is a fit for a rebuild, but we already have a battle for 3C, and some centers that will end up playing wing.  I'd rather keep Sutter with his cap hit and the realistic prospect of 20 goals, 30-40 points.  Tanev would be tough to lose, and he's so cap friendly for the next few seasons, if Benning does trade him, I hope it's for something more substantial and less expensive than Duchene.  I want prospects with potential for 60 points, not cap hits of 60 hundred thousands.  

4 hours ago, apollo said:

Duchene + 2nd for Tanev 

or 

Duchene For Sutter + 3rd 

He is a good young player for sure, and any good young player is a fit for a rebuild, but we already have a battle for 3C, and some centers that will end up playing wing.  I'd rather keep Sutter with his cap hit and the realistic prospect of 20 goals, 30-40 points.  Tanev would be tough to lose, and he's so cap friendly for the next few seasons, if Benning does trade him, I hope it's for something more substantial and less expensive than Duchene.  I want prospects with potential for 60 points, not cap hits of 60 hundred thousands.  

5 minutes ago, Raymond Luxury Yacht said:

You can say that again.

5 minutes ago, Raymond Luxury Yacht said:

Oh, you did.

Sakic seems to be giving Duchesne the Gillis/Luongo treatment to the point where his value has been lowered significantly. Even still Duchesne is a beauty who may still have his best years ahead of him.

I would offer Sutter/Hutton and a third

If Sakic wants better players than that he can pound sand and enjoy the year with his 4 NHL defensemen and watch McKinnon want out next.

22 minutes ago, TheRick said:

The way I see it, I put Duchene in the same category as Ryan Nugent-Hopkins. Both are under-achieving centreman and if the Oilers are reportedly willing to accept less than market value for RNH, then Duchene is worth the same!

Both would compete to be the Canucks top line center. I personally wouldn't want to trade for either as they don't fit our rebuild. The idea that these teams should accept less than market value for them though is ludicrous.

Me I would give up Sutter,Subban and a 2nd not next draft but in 2019

but to me I'd rather get a center that is 21 to 23 so when others get to the NHL we have 2 top 2 centers with Bo and whom ever we can get

Matt is a bit old to work around but i still would like to have him on our team if we could get him,but looks like an over payment to get him which I am NO fan of

3 hours ago, TheRick said:

The way I see it, I put Duchene in the same category as Ryan Nugent-Hopkins. Both are under-achieving centreman and if the Oilers are reportedly willing to accept less than market value for RNH, then Duchene is worth the same!

You know, I was just thinking this....I think the truth is, I would pass on him because he doesn't fit the timing of our rebuild....honestly, maybe as some one suggested.....Sutter and a third.....it is a low ball offer, and about all I would give up.

My belief is, if we are trading Tanev, it is for a prospect and a 2018 1st

The thing is, which way is Duchene trending? It is a question now, and if you answer it wrong while paying more, it regresses your rebuild......

Sutter and a 3rd....that is it...............

I don't think we have any of the pieces they'd want, nor would we want to part with those pieces. It'd cost us Hutton, Pettersson and our first. Since we have no other D under 25 that are top pairing. Duchene wants out, his numbers are barely higher than Horvat's, hell I think last year Horvat outproduced him. He's just not worth what they are asking for.

I wouldn't give anything for Duchene.. I would rather trade for Landeskog!

Love Tanev, but if we would like to get someone like Landeskog/Duchene, we need to involve him into the trade.

Tanev + 2nd + Subban

Baertschi - Horvat - Boeser

Landeskog - Petterson - Dahlen (wohoo our next swedish line)

:wub:

Archived