The Official Site of the Vancouver Canucks
Canucks Community

Nice Knowin' Y'all :^)

Nuxfanabroad

3 hours ago, Ryan Strome said:

“In case North Korea undertakes provocations against us or our ally, we have the power to destroy (the North) beyond recovery,” the South Korean leader said on Friday as citedby Yonhap news agency. 

I wonder if anyone (outside of NK) will be calling for Moon's removal now.  

15 minutes ago, Ryan Strome said:

Shouldn't be. It's pretty pathetic how certain people today thinks it's fine for some nut job to constantly make deadly threats to other nations with no consequences.

Where are the ANTIFA people?  They should be all over this Kim guy for threatening to use violence, shouldn't they?  That's why they say it's okay to use violence on the right wing types, don't they?  

29 minutes ago, Ryan Strome said:

Shouldn't be. It's pretty pathetic how certain people today thinks it's fine for some nut job to constantly make deadly threats to other nations with no consequences.

I fully agree... I was only comparing the outrage against Trump for his similar words directed to Lil Kim and what Moon is quoted on in the article.  Trump could have done a lot better with his delivery, of course.  Twitter should not be used so much as a foreign policy instrument.

Damn, I really like you too.

All joking aside in this terrifying situation ... it's a shame that maniacs have power in this world and can destroy innocent lives in a sick and twisted game of feed the ego battleship.  Is it wrong that I can't even tune in or care...if it happens, it happens?  I mean, worrying certainly won't stop it and it's sad that I've resigned to the fact that stuff could seriously go down.  My only thoughts are with the children that I brought into this world and what, on Earth, they're facing.  It's sad to me that the younger generation seems to "get it" much more than the old gentleman's clubs of buffoons and belly laughers.

1 hour ago, Ryan Strome said:

The problem being that these are delicate situations and if you get one maniac threatening another, you're basically pulling the pin at some point in a game of double dare.

To diffuse the entire thing is the goal, not to see who goes first.  So you try all options before you go back at them, because they're crazy and desperate enough to just react as they said they would.

27 minutes ago, debluvscanucks said:

The problem being that these are delicate situations and if you get one maniac threatening another, you're basically pulling the pin at some point in a game of double dare.

To diffuse the entire thing is the goal, not to see who goes first.  So you try all options before you go back at them, because they're crazy and desperate enough to just react as they said they would.

I understand your point however under no circumstances can North Korea have nuclear weapons. One way or another they have to give them up. Either through force or diplomacy and over the past 20 plus years diplomacy hasn't worked.

11 minutes ago, Ryan Strome said:

I understand your point however under no circumstances can North Korea have nuclear weapons. One way or another they have to give them up. Either through force or diplomacy and over the past 20 plus years diplomacy hasn't worked.

Actually diplomacy has resulted in North Korea developing hydrogen bombs, and the rocket technology to deliver them.  In hindsight, the West should have acted 20 years ago, before things got to this (very scary) point.

In the end, reckon lil' Kim will dance to Russia/China's tune.

LOTS of smallish nations been pulling the chain on a blusterin', fading empire(US/allies). Look at Duterte last yr. Now Maduro in Venezuela announcing he'll sell oil in yuan. They're the 3rd biggest producer.

Hussein & Gaddafi both announced they'd sell oil in different currencies. Look what happened to them !..(Hillary had nice commentary on the latter:^). They were producers(not buyers, like China). Russia/China weren't yet strongly positioned to intervene upon either's behalf. Furthermore, the images of these two didn't lend themselves to a worthwhile cause.

1971, Nixon goes off the gold standard. Around '73 Saudis & US basically institute the "petro dollar". For over four FREEKEN decades, the US have been using daily traded oil as a credit card. Sent jobs off-shore..got fat & lazy. Printed currency on a whim..backed it with black gold, enforcing the policy worldwide, with a bullying military.**note how cheap oil was to extract during said period. Low hanging fruit has been mostly ravaged, they say**

About 10 days back China(world's biggest importer of oil) announced they'd start buying oil with THEIR currency, backed BY GOLD! They & Russia have been accumulating gold like Americans have been expanding their waistlines..voraciously.

EVERYTHING we grew up knowing/experiencing will probably soon be radically changing. I don't hear a lot of daily analysis/discourse on such matters. Can folks see what's in the pipeline?

Russia/China will mostly only confront western hegemony through little, ankle-biter nation-poodles..to further underscore the US military's top-heavy, bloated ineffectiveness. Kim's a useful idiot for the time being.

^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^

If one considers the above info, & implications for a fading empire, it's easy to see why desperation for the former 'world's policeman' is likely setting in. It's their actions we should all be watching closely.

4 hours ago, Nuxfanabroad said:

In the end, reckon lil' Kim will dance to Russia/China's tune.

LOTS of smallish nations been pulling the chain on a blusterin', fading empire(US/allies). Look at Duterte last yr. Now Maduro in Venezuela announcing he'll sell oil in yuan. They're the 3rd biggest producer.

Hussein & Gaddafi both announced they'd sell oil in different currencies. Look what happened to them !..(Hillary had nice commentary on the latter:^). They were producers(not buyers, like China). Russia/China weren't yet strongly positioned to intervene upon either's behalf. Furthermore, the images of these two didn't lend themselves to a worthwhile cause.

1971, Nixon goes off the gold standard. Around '73 Saudis & US basically institute the "petro dollar". For over four FREEKEN decades, the US have been using daily traded oil as a credit card. Sent jobs off-shore..got fat & lazy. Printed currency on a whim..backed it with black gold, enforcing the policy worldwide, with a bullying military.**note how cheap oil was to extract during said period. Low hanging fruit has been mostly ravaged, they say**

About 10 days back China(world's biggest importer of oil) announced they'd start buying oil with THEIR currency, backed BY GOLD! They & Russia have been accumulating gold like Americans have been expanding their waistlines..voraciously.

EVERYTHING we grew up knowing/experiencing will probably soon be radically changing. I don't hear a lot of daily analysis/discourse on such matters. Can folks see what's in the pipeline?

Russia/China will mostly only confront western hegemony through little, ankle-biter nation-poodles..to further underscore the US military's top-heavy, bloated ineffectiveness. Kim's a useful idiot for the time being.

^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^

If one considers the above info, & implications for a fading empire, it's easy to see why desperation for the former 'world's policeman' is likely setting in. It's their actions we should all be watching closely.

China and Russia will go at each other in the future, enemy of your enemy is not always your friend.

Archived