The Official Site of the Vancouver Canucks
Canucks Community

Sekeres throws BS shade at Goldy

Bur14Kes17

Sekeres and Price are the only show the team 1040 had that in my opinion were any decent to listen too, but I had a lot more respect for them yesterday then what I do now. Completely out of the dark, Sekeres throws it out over the radio that Goldobin would consider bolting back to the khl if he doesn't make the Canucks. 

Goldy is the type of player fans have been crying out for on this team. Skilled, got some cocky swagger to his game, full of personality, and likes to score goals. How is he treated by our local radio shows? Out of the dark complete bs rumours that moved strong enough today that Goldys agent felt the need to address them. 

Low blow sekeres. The last thing we want is to chase another prized prospect back to the KHL. 

IMG_3044.thumb.JPG.3333aff046a9b8831c21f5d9e961389b.JPGIMG_3043.thumb.JPG.289b5c6eab68b6a639b8a809786cd487.JPGIMG_3042.thumb.JPG.8eda4e443d42043c6ec3a466e2c4a86e.JPGIMG_3041.thumb.JPG.2f82970c9ef5a968a0b2efb18e594f99.JPGIMG_3040.thumb.JPG.10e9ba86e92b837c3fe4ca49b8d21880.JPG

You guys in Vancouver seem to have too many media outlets/reports for one hockey team.   Even Toronto doesn't seem to have it this bad.  How do all of them make it in a relatively small market?   Advertising dollars are only so deep.   Guess these guys must have to fabricate drama to justify their existence (?).

What's the big issue here?

He was just training the thought that maybe Goldobin could bolt to the NHL like Tryamkin did since he's still under contract with Moscow. How's that throwing shade? Sorry, but I don't see how this is throwing shade at Goldobin. It's quite common for Russians players to go to the KHL and develop for a few years and then come back when they're ready. Obviously his question got shot down by Goldy's agent himself but in no way is that trying to throw shade.

1 minute ago, Mr53 said:

Sekeres is and always has been an idiot. On the flip side, Rick is doing the Lord's work again.

7 minutes ago, Green Building said:

Way to follow the herd by being another local wanking pundit Sekeres. 

It's actually funny and sad how many people are actually angry about this. 

7 minutes ago, Rob_Zepp said:

You guys in Vancouver seem to have too many media outlets/reports for one hockey team.   Even Toronto doesn't seem to have it this bad.  How do all of them make it in a relatively small market?   Advertising dollars are only so deep.   Guess these guys must have to fabricate drama to justify their existence (?).

I agree that we have too many media outlets for one team and it does get annoying at times, but you sure Toronto isn't worse? You forgot about Kessel-Hot dog bs pulled by Steve Simmons of Toronto Sun? Toronto puts up a fake news about a player's eating habits on a major newspaper here. Vancouver is bad but no, we are not Toronto bad.

I hate the Laffs and how much their media hypes them up, but at least they hype and support their team, not bag on the team for EVERY SINGLE THING whether it's good or bad.

Every day I see something negative or something to stir controversy, instead of just discussion and sports reporting.

Our media is a very negative influence, it's embarassing.

We have to be a positive influence as a fan base for our team, because it does affect them, let's be that!

GCG! :towel:

That's what I hate about media, they just like to stir up s*** to boost ratings. Fake news. The Canucks media is terrible. Botchford, Gallagher and Sekeres. I'm sure Toronto has to be the worst, but Vancouver must be up there. Gotta say I don't mind Kuzma's articles. 

12 hours ago, NUCKER67 said:

That's what I hate about media, they just like to stir up s*** to boost ratings. Fake news. The Canucks media is terrible. Botchford, Gallagher and Sekeres. I'm sure Toronto has to be the worst, but Vancouver must be up there. Gotta say I don't mind Kuzma's articles. 

I actually dont mind Kuzma at all. All the others i cant stand.

21 minutes ago, khay said:

I agree that we have too many media outlets for one team and it does get annoying at times, but you sure Toronto isn't worse? You forgot about Kessel-Hot dog bs pulled by Steve Simmons of Toronto Sun? Toronto puts up a fake news about a player's eating habits on a major newspaper here. Vancouver is bad but no, we are not Toronto bad.

You may be right.   I have been overseas for a number of years until more recently and my Toronto data is about 10 years out of date.

This will not be the last time that a TSN 1040 host throws water onto the flaming oil.  This market can only sustain 1 sports talk radio station.  There is simply not enough advertising dollars to go around.   Either Sportsnet 650 or TSN 1040 will be out of business in the next 12 months, probably 1040.  Sensational headlines are going to come thick and fast in the business battle for airwave dominance.  

Archived