The Official Site of the Vancouver Canucks
Canucks Community

Sekeres throws BS shade at Goldy

Bur14Kes17

I don`t know that he is going to have a great shot at the team out of camp.  At most there would be 1 spot Boesser, Virtanen, or Goldobin.  Based on the small sample size, I think it will be hard to send Boesser down.  Goldobin will have to excel in Utica to get a trade deadline call up.  

7 minutes ago, cdubuya said:

Why did Taylor even get let go from sportsnet...? he was legendary on sportsnet connected. He was a Vancouver guy and losing him once sportsnet became the main hockey channel was a slap in the face to canucks fans IMO

I think alot if it had to do with rogers coming in and wanting to cut back by taking out the pacific region. 

1 hour ago, cdubuya said:

Why did Taylor even get let go from sportsnet...? he was legendary on sportsnet connected. He was a Vancouver guy and losing him once sportsnet became the main hockey channel was a slap in the face to canucks fans IMO

Taylor always had the best one liners during highlights and recaps. Sportsnet is all glossy and HD now, but the heart is sometimes lacking.

On 9/19/2017 at 0:40 AM, Baggins said:

It would help a lot if people learned to read and comprehend. That second part is actually quite important. Often it's the fans that misinterpret what the writers are actually saying, or the context of what they're saying, and completely overreact. Like they are in this thread.

There is a touch of over-reaction, yes. I'll concede that I may have over-reacted as well on the first page, but the fact remains that over the years the media has demonstrated a proclivity toward negative treatment of some of our players. Is it their job to be fair and balanced? Perhaps not, but it's still annoying when it happens. I felt like my post you responded to was in response to a more general question posited by @wai_lai416 , so I answered in generalities as well.   

6 hours ago, Green Building said:

There is a touch of over-reaction, yes. I'll concede that I may have over-reacted as well on the first page, but the fact remains that over the years the media has demonstrated a proclivity toward negative treatment of some of our players. Is it their job to be fair and balanced? Perhaps not, but it's still annoying when it happens. I felt like my post you responded to was in response to a more general question posited by @wai_lai416 , so I answered in generalities as well.   

No worries. I've become accustomed to the overreaction here. I don't get it, many here say much worse than the media. But at least complain about something that is actually a criticism. This wasn't any claim or criticism. He simply posed a question, a valid one at that, and look the reactions in this thread. It makes me shake my head.

On 2017-09-21 at 4:08 AM, tas said:

it certainly isn't the traditional way, but it does get used that way and in context makes perfect sense.

I agree it still makes sense, but the the more appropriate saying would be:

there are too many burnt bridges

Archived